Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Emptyby David Today at 4:18 pm

» Weather today
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Emptyby David Today at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 55 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 55 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Vote_lcapWHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Voting_barWHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Vote_lcapWHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Voting_barWHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222760 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT

Go down 
+10
oldstrain
Don Webb
Rudderfett
stormqueen
David
birdy2011
Rene A
friendsloft
IANYOUNG
kev d
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Empty
PostSubject: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:59 pm

mine i start at about 9 miles then build up to 28 miles .
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:06 pm

11 mile up to 30 miles
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:15 pm

how many times do you train before the first race i like to get at least 6 or 7
in . come on you lot start talking its to quite .
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:17 pm

at least 20 training tosses
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:23 pm

Mine get 2 fifteen mile and 5 thirty mile before 1st race
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:24 pm

9 mile then trainin strait across the water
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:27 pm

for young birds 25 chucks up to 25 miles no more
old birds 8 chucks at 15 2 at 25
each to there own
ive never trained during racing only when i was on natural years ago
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:38 pm

this year i started my ybs off at approx5 mile, then built up to 10 and 15 before eventuslly sending them club training three times a week to 35 miles.
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:24 pm

first toss 12 miles
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:26 pm

are these training flights on the race route or any direction
and are you training early in the morn or afternoon or in the evening
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:37 pm

Every year I start the ybs off from the bottom of our fields about 1/3 mile, then go to 2 miles, then up to 6, 10 then 30 and on. But this year although I did this with the first rounders, I had a second team and the training didnt go to plan because of the weather, so I ran out of time to school and train them so basicailly I went strieght to 6 miles then 15 then 20 then 30 twice 6 tosses, then I jumped them to 125 miles, to my surprise it made no difference and I lost the same amount of birds and they did really well. Not sure if it was luck or if thers a lesson in there somewhere but it turned out quite well.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:52 pm

kev d wrote:

mine were sent in the morning kev along the route.......
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:59 pm

DAVID wrote:
kev d wrote:

mine were sent in the morning kev along the route.......
hi david , do you train down the M1
i used to when i lived up there i used to take them down to junction 36 to a industrial estate used to meet loads of flyers there . now i take mine down to the dorset coast and the east devon coast as its only 35 mins drive right on the seas front .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:02 pm

yes i think he does kev, they go with the club trainer after ive took them 5-10 miles myself a few times...........then i think he took them about 15 or 20 miles and then to 35 which they seemed to come better from than the shorter training tosses.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:41 pm

For me the Old Birds would start at 10 miles then work to 30 miles 10 tosses in all

Youngbirds would be schooled from 2 miles 4, 6, 8, 10, 15, 20 everytime i moved them was when they were coming straight out of the basket straight home no messing about then would go to 30 miles then 40miles last one is 50 miles then to make them use there head change between 20, 30 ,40 mile stages so they are schooled well for the first race

After the first race train them from 20 miles as and when needed
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 pm

11 18 and then 30 miles with you and old birds
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:02 am

2 at 5 mile , 2 at 10 mile , 2 at 2o mile 2 at 35 mile then into 1st race 80 miles
Back to top Go down
bazzio73
Chipping
Chipping
bazzio73

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:47 pm

i bang mine straight in at 15 miles, personally i think once theyve ranged anythging less is a waste of time and fuel. i do get losses but i get most of them back.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:57 pm

oldstrain wrote:
2 at 5 mile , 2 at 10 mile , 2 at 2o mile 2 at 35 mile then into 1st race 80 miles
Did you do the same when you started off with them Darren?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:07 pm

about 8 at 11 mile 8 at 18 mile and 8 at 30 mile then into the first race at 81 miles
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:22 pm

ah i see Ian. our first race looks to be 100 miles
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:24 pm

plenty of trainning alex they will be ok
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:29 pm

thats what im hoping, dont want to go loosing the lot Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:19 pm

i start mine off a mile away i strongly belive the more short ones you do gives the birds convidence and i like to well schooled pigeons.you can always tell people who dont train there birds end up every were
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:24 pm

it depends what age group your on about if your talking about yb or yearlings yes your right ,
but i can take mine old birds on a first toss say 20 miles and have them home in half an hour
mine have a open hole before going training for about a month so they a flying well before they go .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT    WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT  Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT DISTANCE DO YOU START TRAINING AT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next