Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Emptyby oldstrain Today at 12:21 pm

» Weather today
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:09 pm

» King removes Patronage
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) NEW TO WIDOWHOOD 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Vote_lcapNEW TO WIDOWHOOD Voting_barNEW TO WIDOWHOOD Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222893 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Very Happy Hello chaps, I would like some help from all you hardened widow flyers. I have just finished a large shed in my back yard and its going to house a widowhood loft in the attic space, I have never flown widowhood before and know nothing about it. So before I actually build it into the attic some advice is needed firstly on what it should be like, and the needs and wants of a first class widowhood loft, and any help with things I shouldnt do....come on please help me build the best loft in west wales..thanks
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:16 pm

daft question how you mean attic, as in the roof of the shed
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi ken, yes attic 9 feet from the ground in the roof space. I made the shed extra hight to acomodate a loft.
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 5:53 pm

What is the lenght and width of the new loft
Ken
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi ken, the loft hant been made yet, but I could have 9feet x 10 feet if needed. or 9x9 square Im not sure what to do.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 6:15 pm

first of all you need to know how many widowhood cocks you want to fly , this will govern the size needed for your nest boxes , you will not need any ledges or perches in the loft the only place for the cocks to sit is in there box , hope this can help a little any further queries and if i can help just ask and iam more than willing to help ,ian
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 8:27 pm

yes martyn, kens right about having no perches in a widowhood loft.....i didnt know this until recently but its true. when i raced widowhood before we did have perches in the loft and altho we did well at the time it makes me wonder if we could have done better if we had done it right. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Very Happy Thanks thats good to know about the perches, I have 14 yearling cocks to start with on widowhood.
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi Martyn, this loft if it was me others might think differant, u say it is 9ft in lenght, and could be upto 10ft deep, i would put a corridor in to give u a 6ft deep compartment. where are u going to keep the hens are will these be in a seperate loft
Ken
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi Ken, well I keep the hens in seperate loft away from this one so no probs then, I need to know about the light and such this attic loft has the potential to be very light and suny if I want, what you think? with the nest boxes facing the sun all day? thanks
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi Martyn Having the sun on the pigeons all day sounds good, but what if the days are hot how would you regulate the air tempreture, one way would be to put electric fans in. what about ventalation you need a good flow of air around the loft so the air is not stagnant, just a couple of thoughts for you to think about
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:57 pm

iany wrote:
first of all you need to know how many widowhood cocks you want to fly , this will govern the size needed for your nest boxes , you will not need any ledges or perches in the loft the only place for the cocks to sit is in there box , hope this can help a little any further queries and if i can help just ask and iam more than willing to help ,ian

sorry, just noticed it was ian who said no perches in the loft...... Embarassed must get some glasses...lol
sorry ian.... clown
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:43 pm

was going to tell you david yesterday but never bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW TO WIDOWHOOD   NEW TO WIDOWHOOD Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW TO WIDOWHOOD
Page 1 of 1