Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
widowhood cocks Emptyby oldstrain Today at 12:21 pm

» Weather today
widowhood cocks Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:09 pm

» King removes Patronage
widowhood cocks Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
widowhood cocks Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
widowhood cocks Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
widowhood cocks Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
widowhood cocks Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
widowhood cocks Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
widowhood cocks Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) widowhood cocks 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.widowhood cocks Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
widowhood cocks Vote_lcapwidowhood cocks Voting_barwidowhood cocks Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222893 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
widowhood cocks Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
widowhood cocks Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

widowhood cocks

Go down 
+4
Don Webb
peel bros
birdy2011
gareth
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

hey guys how would you want your cocks to handle like before racing and in genral cheers
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:45 pm

they should feel light and blown up m8 eyes bright nice soft feathers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 pm

like mine lol
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:50 pm

great wot would lookn for in the hand keel skin museel
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:52 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
they should feel light and blown up m8 eyes bright nice soft feathers

Agree there Graham but for me also solid and round along the keel bone (Well Musceled)
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:53 pm

yes don and nice clean flesh
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:00 pm

best bird i had felt like a cork, firm and bouyant with soft silky feathers...............ive found birds which handle like this are rare.
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:32 pm

well i must say my cocks are coming great for me had 4 birds in the top 10 but just cant get em guicker any tips or idears lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:46 pm

motivation of some sort might help gareth, i presume you fly widowhood....? what is your pre basket routine.....? do you show the hens or not ?
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:20 pm

yes david i show the only for cople of minuites
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:29 pm

ive got a system which says to open the boxes and turn the bowls over, then let the cocks go into the box for about 10 mins and they will start calling to the hen and crouching low in the bowl...........then take the cocks out one by one and basket them, NOT SHOWING THE HENS,

have the hen in the box for when the cocks return.

its all about motivation and trying different things so maybe worth a try.......???
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:33 am

Another system is to turn the bowls over just like David then place the cocks in the basket then let the hens into the section let the cocks see the hens on the box then remove them
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:27 am

my birds feel the best they have ever done,the feathering is fantastic like silk,their weight is perfect as well .i could,nt ask for more.....i know like someone said the same 2 birds are peaking at the same time,but i am timing others in as well ,but anyway i do,nt want them peeking at the same time do i
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:20 am

you want um in top form for the big one next week ray good look to you all sending in the nationals
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:08 pm

peel bros wrote:
my birds feel the best they have ever done,the feathering is fantastic like silk,their weight is perfect as well .i could,nt ask for more.....i know like someone said the same 2 birds are peaking at the same time,but i am timing others in as well ,but anyway i do,nt want them peeking at the same time do i

ray, could you tell me how much corn you give your widowhood cocks .....?
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:13 pm

well guys cocks are still in the top five im ova the moon gutted ive droped a bird mind but thats racing.im guna try just showing the bowls and not the hens this week wot does every body think cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:17 pm

sometimes things work in your favour sometimes they back fire so me ide keep to ya plan for now as there showing some kind of form and its early they seem to be getting the hang of whats required only my opiniun mind
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:17 pm

DAVID wrote:
ive got a system which says to open the boxes and turn the bowls over, then let the cocks go into the box for about 10 mins and they will start calling to the hen and crouching low in the bowl...........then take the cocks out one by one and basket them, NOT SHOWING THE HENS,

have the hen in the box for when the cocks return.

its all about motivation and trying different things so maybe worth a try.......???

i would agree with you gareth, remember my post last week.......???
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:44 pm

gareth wrote:
well guys cocks are still in the top five im ova the moon gutted ive droped a bird mind but thats racing.im guna try just showing the bowls and not the hens this week wot does every body think cheers cheers

Gareth good cocks know the game they only need to see the bowl and they know there hen will be there on return

Just showing the bowl helps keep the cocks carm in the basket and helps keep there mind on the job
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm

gareth, how old are the cocks...? are they yearlings or are they older birds which have already been on widowhood in the past.....?
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Very Happy I think he has a good mix of yearlings and 2 /3 year olds, mostly yearlings, the birds are coming well his velocity was over 2000ypm this week rockets, he should keep it the same, hes the most consistant flyer in the club so far. although hes desperate for the win been in top 5 every week.
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:10 pm

hi david as martyn said got mixture of cocks 06,08,09 the rest yearlings mate and i must say i cudnt ask any more out of them they were all clocking with in minuites all 3 races weve had so far like ive learned good thing happen to those who wait. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:13 pm

yes it comes to them who wait be patiant stick to your plan it will all fall into place m8 best of look this week
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:43 pm

gareth wrote:
well i must say my cocks are coming great for me had 4 birds in the top 10 but just cant get em guicker any tips or idears lol! lol! lol!

thought you were wanting them quicker mate, now your satisfied. scratch
Back to top Go down
gareth
Hatchling
Hatchling

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:05 pm

you cant make any thing quiker as ive learned.im only seconds behind the winner wich is 5 miles shorter than me.im not guna grumble at the performance so far just guna keep at it Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

widowhood cocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: widowhood cocks   widowhood cocks Empty

Back to top Go down

widowhood cocks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next