Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» Weather today
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) chichester peregrines - Page 6 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 76 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 76 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.chichester peregrines - Page 6 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Vote_lcapchichester peregrines - Page 6 Voting_barchichester peregrines - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Vote_lcapchichester peregrines - Page 6 Voting_barchichester peregrines - Page 6 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222761 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
chichester peregrines - Page 6 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

chichester peregrines

Go down 
+17
seanl
Rudderfett
Pigeon Penney
Mick
IANYOUNG
littlehen
Rene A
Paul
Alex
chris perry
oldstrain
highflyerboy
David
wraggy
birdy2011
stormqueen
bikesfred54
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Pigeon Penney
Chipping
Chipping

chichester peregrines - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Unfortunately true in a sense Old strain , there already a cull on by the sounds of some on here and its not legal .
Anyway ive said my bit im going to do my best not to post on this thread anymore but one thing i will say is Goshawks are of no threat to your racing pigeons , people often think theyve seen one and its a sparrowhawk. Yes Goshawks kill pigeons but only wood pigeons , they are incredibly nervous creatures(trust me ive trained them) they dont attack in the open air , they stick to woodland , pigeons will out fly them in direct flight , these are rare birds and deserve protection more than most .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:39 pm

sorry to say rob but the rspb seem to have lost the plot in their pro raptor campaign so you can blame them for any wrong doing to any falcons or hawks the blame will come home to roost one day for sure the last chairman was pro raptor and so is this one
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:40 pm

penny pigeon, youve just admitted the sparrow hawk is more dangerous to racing pigeons, now if you were a racing fancier who exercised his/her birds around home and every time they were out they were attacked by a sparrow hawk, how would you feel.....?

also if you were training your birds and you liberated them out of the basket, only for them to be chased by bops, flying in all directions hitting buildings and trees etc in shere panic, how would you feel.....?

until you have experienced this dont automatically label pigeon fanciers evil wrong doers, we are anly trying to protect our pets the only way we can, because no one else gives a damn.....
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:46 pm

David wrote:
penny pigeon, youve just admitted the sparrow hawk is more dangerous to racing pigeons, now if you were a racing fancier who exercised his/her birds around home and every time they were out they were attacked by a sparrow hawk, how would you feel.....?

also if you were training your birds and you liberated them out of the basket, only for them to be chased by bops, flying in all directions hitting buildings and trees etc in shere panic, how would you feel.....?

until you have experienced this dont automatically label pigeon fanciers evil wrong doers, we are anly trying to protect our pets the only way we can, because no one else gives a damn.....

exactly david who can blame people for taking the law into their own hands
Back to top Go down
evs
Hatchling
Hatchling
evs

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:47 pm

iv been flying hawks for the past 6 or 7 years i can tell you the sparrow hawk is a killer of pigeons manly the females but the males take pigeons as well
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 10:54 pm

It's funny, in the summer, the females have a bluish tinge, It's just too damn easy to get them mixed up with a Gosshawk. Do we have the European variety over here.
I found this also. From 2009
http://www.birding.uk.com/forum/garden-birds/363-gosshawk-garden-stafford.html
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:38 pm

interesting site gary, will have a more in depth browse through this later......... scratch
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:49 pm

this year we have had seen a hen sparrow hawk go up and down on it looked like it was just keeping the same root.
we have all lost bird;s to it.
one day i was just going to let the young bird;s out at there same time 1 oclock.
i could not beleave it. out of no where it landed on top of the young bird loft.
i was amazed at the size of it.
that day the bird;s never got out.
Back to top Go down
evs
Hatchling
Hatchling
evs

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:37 am

falconers loose biirds all the time some dont put telematry on them so there not always found and they no how to hunt as we fly them after pray im seen picture of harris hawks loose and iv been told that they are breeding in this country same as goshawks
if you let your birds out same time every day the hawks will know and wait around for a meal it shouldnt be so bad when hens on nest the male hunts more then
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:43 am

Pigeon Penney wrote:
Unfortunately true in a sense Old strain , there already a cull on by the sounds of some on here and its not legal .
Anyway ive said my bit im going to do my best not to post on this thread anymore but one thing i will say is Goshawks are of no threat to your racing pigeons , people often think theyve seen one and its a sparrowhawk. Yes Goshawks kill pigeons but only wood pigeons , they are incredibly nervous creatures(trust me ive trained them) they dont attack in the open air , they stick to woodland , pigeons will out fly them in direct flight , these are rare birds and deserve protection more than most .
you know it so do i goshawks are just has bigger killers of racing pigeons as other bops i watched them on the webcams feeding there young on racing pigeons so no not just wood pigeons.the webcams are a good thing it shows bop lovers them but all so pigeon people the number of racing pigeons that get killed for them to feed there youngsters on.that with out the ones they kill for them selfs to feed on.so what crap you going to come back with now they were most prob feral ones.
Back to top Go down
evs
Hatchling
Hatchling
evs

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:51 am

hawks take manly from the ground falcons take things in the air
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 9:08 am

chichester peregrines - Page 6 Spotterpigeon

chichester peregrines - Page 6 Suicidepig

chichester peregrines - Page 6 Surprise

cheers lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:09 am

pmsl good one
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:35 am

pmsl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
Pigeon Penney
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:32 pm

evs wrote:
iv been flying hawks for the past 6 or 7 years i can tell you the sparrow hawk is a killer of pigeons manly the females but the males take pigeons as well

A male Sparrowhawk would struggle to hold onto a blackbird so a pigeon is no chancer . As for your comments of fALCONERS releasing Goshawks accidently into the wild its true but i dont get your point as they are indigenous , as for harris hawks they are not so by all means if you see a wild one it is a non indigenous species do what you will as long as your sure its a wild one i dont think theyre are any laws on it but if you really think a musket (male spar) will take a pigeon then your the dumbest falconer ever Laughing

To someone else who posted re Goshawks they will and do catch pigeons but the ammount they catch would be minimal as , said before in direct flight a pigeon beats a Gos on Speed !!
Back to top Go down
Pigeon Penney
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Gary Burgess wrote:

cheers lol! lol! lol!

Thats actually pretty funny Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:38 pm

They can attack through a pigeon flock a flat out race is not involved in an ambush.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Pigeon Penney wrote:
Gary Burgess wrote:

cheers lol! lol! lol!

Thats actually pretty funny Laughing

whys this actually pretty funny p/p....? getting rattled by the looks of your posts arnt you........ Razz cheers bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:45 pm

I havnt had one yet but hawks go in our lofts here. I had was on the landing board one afternoon, then again the next morning. I figured he was starving and put him out of his misery What a Face
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:49 pm

look rob you been rumbled with yer bullshit no one believes yer spill so why not put a sock in it as you have cotradicted yourself many times already jocolor
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:50 pm

thats the beuty of being able to carry a fire arm eh chad.............. Razz
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 7:58 pm

only part of it david, the best is deterring thieves.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:16 pm

I breed fast birds, but when I do lose a good one to a hawk, I look for people like you to vent on. Sorry but its gone on long enough Mad
I tried to lighten the whole post, but now your just pissin me off.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:21 pm

dont let these rspb followers get to you gary, at the end of the day it only takes a click of the mouse and he is gone............... Razz cheers lol!

learn from how this man thinks, and it may be of benefit in future.......... Question
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 8:29 pm

yes david nothing but a sly sneaky rapacious charachter just like bop itself Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chichester peregrines   chichester peregrines - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

chichester peregrines
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next