Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
training the birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
training the birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
training the birds Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
training the birds Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
training the birds Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
training the birds Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
training the birds Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
training the birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
training the birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) training the birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.training the birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
training the birds Vote_lcaptraining the birds Voting_bartraining the birds Vote_rcap 
David
training the birds Vote_lcaptraining the birds Voting_bartraining the birds Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
training the birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
training the birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

training the birds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dublin40
Chipping
Chipping
dublin40

training the birds Empty
PostSubject: training the birds   training the birds EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:36 pm

ok lads sending my birds of 50 miles next sat how long should it take them ...to get back
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

training the birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: training the birds   training the birds EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:38 pm

an hour........... depending on weather i should emagine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dublin40
Chipping
Chipping
dublin40

training the birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: training the birds   training the birds EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:32 pm

David wrote:
one hour wow thats quick i was thinking maybe 2 and half .so is it around one hour to 50 miles. so if they came back in two hour r three first time r they useless.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

training the birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: training the birds   training the birds EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:48 pm

lofthouse wrote:
David wrote:
one hour wow thats quick i was thinking maybe 2 and half .so is it around one hour to 50 miles. so if they came back in two hour r three first time r they useless.

any yb that comes back late is not useless they are learning you never know what can happen when they are in flight .....every week i have had a different yb turn up first to the loft .....ybs are very unpredictable always give the benefit of doubt and always look at your management and yourself before you dismiss any ybs jmo
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

training the birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: training the birds   training the birds EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi Lofthouse,
Many topclass distance fanciers hate to see youngsters come back fast/early from their first years tosses,because the birds have learned nothing,and chances are most have played follow my leader,suprising how many youngbird winners drop out a batch to win,and get lost for ever the next race.
Personally,i love to see our distance birds screw up their early tosses,coming days,even weeks later...at least then you know for sure they screwed up ,but had the guts to work it out and fight back.
I think sprint type birds are different,they got to score as youngbirds and yearlings for many fanciers.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
dublin40
Chipping
Chipping
dublin40

training the birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: training the birds   training the birds EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:27 pm

[quote="GRIZZLECOCK"]Hi Lofthouse,
Many topclass distance fanciers hate to see youngsters come back fast/early from their first years tosses,because the birds have learned nothing,and chances are most have played follow my leader,suprising how many youngbird winners drop out a batch to win,and get lost for ever the next race.
Personally,i love to see our distance birds screw up their early tosses,coming days,even weeks later...at least then you know for sure they screwed up ,but had the guts to work it out and fight back.
I think sprint type birds are different,they got to score as youngbirds and yearlings for many fanciers.. Rolling Eyes [/quote thanks alot for the info so i say well done when or if my birds get back .i was going to give them a mouth full if they got back late lol.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

training the birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: training the birds   training the birds EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 pm

its ok if a yb makes a mistake maybe once but if more than once its no good,my opinion i think it will do it again and again when it comes across a hard day,i,ve had ybs this year score then lost them the week after but thats just the way it goes...if they score its a bonus then its not to bad if you do lose them,of course i do,nt want to lose them but it happens...i think nowadays sprint pigeons are for now not the future..its a different story i think with distance birds...we change are sprint birds nearly every other season ,so if you get them to score all the better....do,nt get me wrong i give my birds a good chance to sort them selves out if they make mistakes,but how far can you go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

training the birds Empty
PostSubject: Re: training the birds   training the birds Empty

Back to top Go down

training the birds
Page 1 of 1