Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
lice and borax - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
lice and borax - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
lice and borax - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
lice and borax - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
lice and borax - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
lice and borax - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
lice and borax - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
lice and borax - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
lice and borax - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) lice and borax - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 45 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.lice and borax - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
lice and borax - Page 2 Vote_lcaplice and borax - Page 2 Voting_barlice and borax - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
lice and borax - Page 2 Vote_lcaplice and borax - Page 2 Voting_barlice and borax - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
lice and borax - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
lice and borax - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

lice and borax

Go down 
+4
IANYOUNG
David
Gaz b
andyw
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

lice and borax - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lice and borax   lice and borax - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:54 am

I thought borax was a chap from russia...lol
I would like to find something for lice, at the momment I use vinegar in the bath and seems to check the lice but not kill all...however
Im always causious about chemicals as they have uses and this one can be an insecticide so its pretty powerfull, just remember birds like to drink from the bath...so for that reason I wouldnt use it but interesting.
Back to top Go down
andyw
Chipping
Chipping
andyw

PostSubject: Re: lice and borax   lice and borax - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:16 am

ive been using borax for a while now as gaz suggested 1 table spoon to 3 litres of water but you have to dissolve it in hot water first. if you are worried about them drinking it why not put it in a spray bottles that you can adjust the spray and spray them with a mist now and again you will see the difference in how soft the feathers become after a couple of uses. i also use it to wipe over the perches spray them first them wipe them they come up like new and hopefully killing any parasites along the way
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: lice and borax   lice and borax - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:44 am

Good man Andy, it's well cheaper than all these fancy products, you can also use it for dusting in cracks and crevices, makes a good ant killer too.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
Kevin Webb
Chipping
Chipping
Kevin Webb

PostSubject: Re: lice and borax   lice and borax - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Kevin Webb wrote:
Good mate thanks, youngest lad is in, now royal engineers, he is training in Jordan at the moment prior to Afghan.
Atb Kev

Wish him all the best Kevin from one Webb to another mate
Will do Don, just used borax in the bath, no ill affects they just bathed as normal.
Atb Kev
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: lice and borax   lice and borax - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:54 pm

see how clean their feet become and soft their feathers feel after they dry
Back to top Go down
Kevin Webb
Chipping
Chipping
Kevin Webb

PostSubject: Re: lice and borax   lice and borax - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Just been round to feed up, all look ok, no ill affects, they will be getting it again end of next week.
Atb Kev
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: lice and borax   lice and borax - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 7:16 pm

My Grampa used it on his show budgies for years, he even used to put glycerine on their beaks.
Back to top Go down
andyw
Chipping
Chipping
andyw

PostSubject: Re: lice and borax   lice and borax - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:04 pm

ive never had any ill effects from it either like gaz said the feet come really clean and seam to stay clean you will definately notice how soft the feathers become, i soak my feet in it as well sometimes after wearing boots all day every day i sometimes suffer so a soak in that and they feel great, i was talking to an old lady and she said she used to wash her hair in it in the sixties as it was the best stuff for washing out hair spray then, i suppose vidal sassoon wasnt about then
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: lice and borax   lice and borax - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:08 pm

the powder is good for athletes foot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lice and borax   lice and borax - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

lice and borax
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2