Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:53 pm

» Weather today
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» Good Morning
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) First Eggs Laid - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 109 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 108 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Vote_lcapFirst Eggs Laid - Page 2 Voting_barFirst Eggs Laid - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Vote_lcapFirst Eggs Laid - Page 2 Voting_barFirst Eggs Laid - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222597 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

First Eggs Laid

Go down 
+11
Don Webb
Rudderfett
alexhe
Ginger
kev d
highflyerboy
David
IANYOUNG
peel bros
steve1952
friendsloft
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:24 pm

I still have no idea when to pair up this year, it was 1st january one year but that seemed too early, then the end of january last year and that now seems a bit early too as Im going on darkness this year. So Im still thinking it might be february this year I should still then breed my 100.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:10 pm

Martyn can tell you in this area a lot of the top fanciers will be pairing up 10th December mate
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 10:51 pm

I wont be pairing up till feb don. Far too cold earlier, plus I wont get my rings till later than others
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:36 pm

rudderfett wrote:
I still have no idea when to pair up this year, it was 1st january one year but that seemed too early, then the end of january last year and that now seems a bit early too as Im going on darkness this year. So Im still thinking it might be february this year I should still then breed my 100.

martyn, i will be pairing up the first saturday in feb this year which will be the 5th.......paired up last year end of december and it was far too cold and im putting it down to only 8 eggs hatching out of 22. No
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:13 am

David see what Ian did last year he had a good first round of eggs ??????
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:28 am

DAVID wrote:
rudderfett wrote:

martyn, i will be pairing up the first saturday in feb this year which will be the 5th.......paired up last year end of december and it was far too cold and im putting it down to only 8 eggs hatching out of 22. No

David, yesterday one of the blokes said he's starting later, he lost some of his ybs in the same way.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Alex wrote:
DAVID wrote:
rudderfett wrote:

David, yesterday one of the blokes said he's starting later, he lost some of his ybs in the same way.
david i paired up in december last year and had no problems
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:45 pm

having said that tho, most of my birds were yearlings............would this make any difference ? scratch
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:52 pm

wouldnt think so some of mine were yearlings just take a little bit longer to lay
Back to top Go down
Mick
Hatchling
Hatchling
Mick

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:02 pm

ive got 8 pairs of stock down the only reason i paired is to settle them into there new loft
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:20 pm

jarra_lad wrote:
ive got 8 pairs of stock down the only reason i paired is to settle them into there new loft

were you settling them to a different loft of your own, or are they new birds to you which you were settling ? did it work, are they settled now ?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:17 pm

kev d wrote:
hi mate , these conversations are from jan this year when some flyers
pair up early to get there yb on the darkness system and to get the breeding out of the way before
rwacing starts in april . cheers kev
whats the latest you can breed yet still be on the dark as i would like to give it a go
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:21 pm

not sure, i paired up december last year and the ybs were well within the limits for racing, some later birds i put onto it were about half way thorough and looked like latebreds............but i didnt see any difference in how they homed, maybe someone with more exoerience than me can tell you.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:28 pm

planned to pair up 1st weekend in feb going to stick to this
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:30 pm

that will be ideal for darkness old
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:37 pm

cant understand why people pair so early unless they need 2 rounds from the same birds maybe its so they can part and pair up again 4 racing Question
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:54 pm

oldstrain wrote:
planned to pair up 1st weekend in feb going to stick to this

yes me too, first saturday which will be the 5th feb.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:07 pm

im sticking to the middle of feb , that what makes this hobby so great every body as a different
out look on what to do and when to do it . the birds are ready to be paired i think the hens need a little bit of weight of them first but that will be rectified before i pair up other then that every thing is ready .
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:12 pm

I mate up boxing day all my birds what I do it for is if for some reason things go wrong I can breed another round later pluse they go on dark on the 1st march off on 1st june and when you come to the youngbird races they are like yearling and well through the body moult as I will not send a bird if its moulting its bars
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:26 pm

got my first youngbirds hatching out have 3 lol
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:42 pm

hey ian get a squeaker show going lol
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:46 pm

thats a good idea think we should have a one but must still have nest feathers on them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:08 pm

got any eggs hatched yet ian...........?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:29 pm

yes 3 david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:20 pm

how many you breeding ian...........???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Eggs Laid   First Eggs Laid - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Eggs Laid
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next