Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Training yb today. Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» escaped birds return
Training yb today. Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» Weather today
Training yb today. Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:17 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Training yb today. Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:01 pm

» good luck weekend
Training yb today. Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 2:24 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Training yb today. Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Training yb today. Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Training yb today. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Training yb today. Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Training yb today. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 116 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 116 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Training yb today. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Training yb today. Vote_lcapTraining yb today. Voting_barTraining yb today. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Training yb today. Vote_lcapTraining yb today. Voting_barTraining yb today. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222655 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Training yb today. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Training yb today. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Training yb today.

Go down 
+8
seanl
Don Webb
EssexSteve
IANYOUNG
peel bros
birdy2011
David
Gaz b
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Took the younguns up the road, got to ten miles looking across the fields it just didn't seem far enough, so I told Jo to drive on another couple miles. about 12 miles. All present and correct now, they had all trapped except 1 but it landed on the loft within 5 mins of me being home. Well happy with that, they gonna get a few more of them this week.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:04 pm

well done gaz, glad all safely home.............. cheers
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm impressed I thought I would have lost one or two, it just makes you think how far they fly when they go off. But they have set the pace long may it continue. cheers
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

they range far and wide we will never know but if there gone for say 30 mins out of sight then estimate they gone 15 miles away 15 back but ide say more dont forget they are doing the running so ide say they roam away 20 miles and romp back as they already know where they are heading

anyway mine will be going thurdsay if the weather is ok

best of luck to all training with this years weather and mre bops we are gona need some luck

BUT AND I REPEAT DONT DONT TAKE CHANCES THERES ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY

REMEBER HOW LONG IT TOOK YOU TO GET THEM TO THIS STAGE DONT GO AND

WAIST UM FOR 1 MAD CHUCK HAPPY FLYING GUYS AND DOLS
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:09 pm

they did well g, cant complain, but I think the five milers they already had helped, I'm just gonna keep um at this for a few chucks, I aint in no rush.
I wasnt here when they came back I was at the corn merchants. But they all trapped themselves.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:14 pm

IM NOT A LOVER OF USING TRAPS GAZ BUT THEY ETS WILL SHOW WHAT BIRDS HAVE TRAPPED IN TRAINING AND WHAT TIME BUT YOU STILL WONT CONVINCE ME A BIRD TRAPS FASTER THROUGH A HOLE THAN 2 OPEN DOORS PLUS SOME OF THE FUN GOES NOT HAVING TO PIC UM UP AND REMOVE THE RUBBERS
BUT TIME MOVES ON IVE A FRIEND WHO LOST A LEG IN A MOTOR BIKE ACCIDENT SO ANY ONE WITH DISSABILTIES HAS GOT A FAR MORE EQUAL CHANCE NOW AS ETS WILL HELP THEM
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:47 pm

ages for me to start training,but remember i was behind with breeding again this season
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 pm

had mine at seaham today first time 11miles 4 missing hope they turn up
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:51 pm

about 2 weeks time i,ll start with mine ,loads of small ones for us again,more the better
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:55 pm

well mine went up for the 1st time, was sat looking at an empty loft and garden, 28 out and so far 20 back and in.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:35 pm

they will be back
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:25 pm

peel bros wrote:
about 2 weeks time i,ll start with mine ,loads of small ones for us again,more the better
dont see the point of small ones but hey everyones different
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:52 pm

education mate. scratch
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Gaz b wrote:
education mate. scratch
still dont see the poit of going 2 miles so how far do you train your youngbirds for first toss
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:56 pm

about a couple of miles first time and then five.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:58 pm

waste off petrol in my opinion but each to there own
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:00 pm

I have a theory, but cant be arsed going into it just now.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:00 pm

the point is breaking , i want my ybs coming straight home not flying around and around ,which they do when you take them too far.i had a good season last year with my ybs doing this and i,ll do it this year also..once you get ybs into bad habits its hard to get them out of it,but this is just my opinion so do,nt take it to seriously because what do i know ,its just what we do ...good luck
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Gaz b wrote:
education mate. scratch

Spot on Gary study study study
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:10 pm

IANYOUNG wrote:
waste off petrol in my opinion but each to there own

i would not say that Ian but everyone top there own study
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:11 pm

i usually take mine 2 miles up the road ray, i do this maybe 4 or 5 times just to teach them about coming out of the basket........i then move them to 5 miles and give them about 3 ir 4 of these before taking them to 10 or 12 miles..........once they have reach 10/12 miles i then send them with the club trainer.

each to their own i say, if they win or get a card with their method then stick with it.........

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:11 pm

peel bros wrote:
the point is breaking , i want my ybs coming straight home not flying around and around ,which they do when you take them too far.i had a good season last year with my ybs doing this and i,ll do it this year also..once you get ybs into bad habits its hard to get them out of it,but this is just my opinion so do,nt take it to seriously because what do i know ,its just what we do ...good luck

Spot on Ray
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:12 pm

David wrote:
i usually take mine 2 miles up the road ray, i do this maybe 4 or 5 times just to teach them about coming out of the basket........i then move them to 5 miles and give them about 3 ir 4 of these before taking them to 10 or 12 miles..........once they have reach 10/12 miles i then send them with the club trainer.

each to their own i say, if they win or get a card with their method then stick with it.........

David i know fanciers only train there YB Team to 20 miles no further but fly them round home 1 hour before they send them training and they win well mate
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:13 pm

With youngsters its all about balance, training and round the loft
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:18 pm

I think it is all about teaching them a line of flight, familiarising them with certain land marks, teaching them to head for those landmarks, and sprinters showing them a direct route.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training yb today. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training yb today.   Training yb today. Empty

Back to top Go down

Training yb today.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next