Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
canker ???? Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
canker ???? Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
canker ???? Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
canker ???? Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
canker ???? Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
canker ???? Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
canker ???? Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
canker ???? Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
canker ???? Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) canker ???? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.canker ???? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
canker ???? Vote_lcapcanker ???? Voting_barcanker ???? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
canker ???? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
canker ???? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

canker ????

Go down 
+6
kev d
oldstrain
seanl
edgie
sj lofts
Rene A
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:54 pm

whats the cause of it how do the birds get it and what do you treat with ???
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:15 pm

usualy stress fetches it on rene best i found to treat is stuff called tricho m8 or emthryl soluble ie harkers sachet m8 lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm

stress that is a new one on me, i think you mean cocci now that is brought on by stress, anyway canker how to treat it, ronizadol will sort it no problem, hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:43 pm

would treat it wi ronizodal 10% as already said that should sort it sean
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:13 pm

i alternate between ronizadol based product and a natural substance i use in trikanox made by gem atb
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:48 pm

only treat if they have it other wise leave well alone , every pigeon people have
will have a little canker but will not show signs of it the only product ive bought for canker is bicarb but thats just me and im very happy with my birds health having raced in the national flying club and scored with not treating only using things you can buy in the super market .
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:50 am

kev d wrote:
only treat if they have it other wise leave well alone , every pigeon people have
will have a little canker but will not show signs of it the only product ive bought for canker is bicarb but thats just me and im very happy with my birds health having raced in the national flying club and scored with not treating only using things you can buy in the super market .

I agree there Kev

Another thing which helps and also helps keep the cocci count down is natural yougurt

And Garlic as a de-wormer, you use garlic bet you don't have to treat for worms
Back to top Go down
lifes to short
Hatchling
Hatchling
lifes to short

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:17 pm

if the birds have canker send your mrs to boots for a tube of canestan as it a type of thrush and put a tiny bit on a cotton bud and rub around birds mouth with it being bitter the bird takes a drink and this takes down to the crop and clears the infection if you overdose them they get the squits but no other side effects a hell of a lot cheaper than proprietory brands and lasts forever but with using bicarb its not been needed
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:45 pm

flagel(spelling) is for thrush as well and work just as good as my mate used them last season on his birds when he had them round my loft break them in half a give them straight down the throat . my own birds have had no treatments for 12 months now i will see how they get on this season and let you know .
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:30 am

kev d wrote:
flagel(spelling) is for thrush as well and work just as good as my mate used them last season on his birds when he had them round my loft break them in half a give them straight down the throat . my own birds have had no treatments for 12 months now i will see how they get on this season and let you know .

Yes Flagyl is very good and especially so if you want to treat a canker with nodules, My friend had an old bird who had a cankerous lump in his throat and crop and it was affecting his eating. He had tried everything else including Ronidazale 15% (which usually works) but I think its better with wet canker.
I got some Flagyl tablets from Spain and as they were for humans I had to break them into quarters and give the bird one quarter per day for 5 days. It worked and it saved the birds life. Metrodonizadole is another name for Flagyl and is made in 1 tablet form for pigeons (always read the instructions).
It is better in tablet form as if Flagyl is dissolved in water the birds do not like the taste and will not drink it.
When I wean a YB I always give the Yb a quarter Flagyl Tablet or a half Metrodonizadole Tablet (same thing but special size for adult pigeons) in case they get stressed and develop canker. So far it has always worked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:43 am

spencerline wrote:
kev d wrote:

Yes Flagyl is very good and especially so if you want to treat a canker with nodules, My friend had an old bird who had a cankerous lump in his throat and crop and it was affecting his eating. He had tried everything else including Ronidazale 15% (which usually works) but I think its better with wet canker.
I got some Flagyl tablets from Spain and as they were for humans I had to break them into quarters and give the bird one quarter per day for 5 days. It worked and it saved the birds life. Metrodonizadole is another name for Flagyl and is made in 1 tablet form for pigeons (always read the instructions).
It is better in tablet form as if Flagyl is dissolved in water the birds do not like the taste and will not drink it.
When I wean a YB I always give the Yb a quarter Flagyl Tablet or a half Metrodonizadole Tablet (same thing but special size for adult pigeons) in case they get stressed and develop canker. So far it has always worked.

Interesting Kev study study
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Whenever I watched DVD's or spoke with top sprint flyers they nearly all said they treat for canker through racing season every fortnight. Seems a lot to me but couldn't knock their results.
Usually a totally different approach with distance flyers who never treated or only once maybe before pairing or racing then left them to it for the season. Strongest and most resilient came through I suppose and they created their strain.
I think once you start giving them something regular for canker then you got to keep at it, especially if you buy in birds from someone who's been doing the same for generations.
Similary if you brought in birds from a distance flyer who rarely if ever treated, then you got to do the same and leave them be or else you're just undoing all his hard work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

canker ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: canker ????   canker ???? Empty

Back to top Go down

canker ????
Page 1 of 1