Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 12:21 pm

» Weather today
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:09 pm

» King removes Patronage
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Lice Treatment - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 41 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Lice Treatment - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Vote_lcapLice Treatment - Page 2 Voting_barLice Treatment - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Vote_lcapLice Treatment - Page 2 Voting_barLice Treatment - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222893 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Lice Treatment - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Lice Treatment

Go down 
+8
Don Webb
daipigeon
Knackered
Rudderfett
David
oldstrain
skytx
Steve Leslie
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
skytx
Chipping
Chipping
skytx

Lice Treatment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 1:35 am

"NEVER" ask a pigeon to drink anything you would "NOT" Drink.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:40 pm

i have a spray bottle with a bleach solution in all i do is spray the drinkers out with it swill it round and leave the residue in the drinker . but we all have a slight amount of bleach in our
drinking water any way so where all drinking bleach , as for keeping lice of the birds i use salt and a lot of vinegar in the bath water very cheap .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:55 pm

just found this about bleach;

What Happens If You Drink Bleach?
So, of course you are wondering what happens if you drink bleach. People have done this and lived to tell the tale. Drinking a small amount of bleach won't kill you, particularly if you dilute it in water, but it is corrosive and can irritate or damage your mucous membranes and esophagus. Ingesting a few milliliters of bleach most likely will irritate your eyes, nose and throat and may cause nausea and vomiting and possibly diarrhea. Vomiting a small amount of bleach is not recommended, since this re-exposes your esophagus to the chemicals and may worsen the damage. Drinking a larger volume of bleach can hurt or kill you. The toxicity results from the chlorine gas that is produced, the corrosivity of bleach and ingestion of sodium (hypernatremia). Chest pain, low blood pressure, shock and possibly coma or death may result from either inhaling too much bleach or drinking it.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:42 pm

The only problem I really have with the bleach bragade is this, they always say we only put a small amount in the water so its so watered down it wont burn or harm them.
If that is the case and its that watered down its not doing anything, just in your mind, so its pointless.
If on the other hand its a bit stronger that it will burn , kill or do something to rot thier guts then its poison so why poison your own pigeons????
Brainless either way.
lol.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:51 pm

there are 1,000 of fads for pigeons some been used for decades
and have kept fanciers on top of there game and using bleach is one of them
its not for me to say who is right or wrong each to there own . there are some treatments i use on my birds i keep to my self as ive been round and taught by some very top class flyers over the years there not antibioctics or steroids just good honest and simple suplements all i need is the top class birds to try it out on lol, at the end of the day don,t mock cos all roads leead to rome as they say .
Back to top Go down
skytx
Chipping
Chipping
skytx

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:59 pm

Bleach is NOT for the pigeon------
It just Puify's the water.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 pm

maybe the reason why they look healthy is because the bleach , bleaches the wattles whiter....... scratch Question Question
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 pm

baytril not for pigeons but a lot still use it when things go wrong ?
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:12 pm

I was reading the bhw 2 day and it was saying use vikron in ur water that's got 2 be the same as bleach but what do I know lol
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Fluoride is a bleach that's used in rat poison and the powers that be put it in our water supply and school milk for primary school kids ...just a thought
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:19 pm

i recently used that vanodine v18 to clean my drinkers out, never used it before but it seems to keep them cleaner for longer.......theres no residue starting to show at all yet so i think its very good stuff.
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:02 pm

its so strange hearing this about virkon -s lol ive been usin this for yrs did use it b4 i packed in last time always been gd to sanitise i also spray lofts with it twice wkly gr8 as an bacteria killer but alternate with jeys once a wk to just spray out lofts lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
blood red
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:42 am

Bleach No I have not cleaned my drinker for years I just empty the water out then refill it leavig the scum, my birds look like diamonds There is a lot of bull shit in pigeon racing
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 am

blood red wrote:
Bleach No I have not cleaned my drinker for years I just empty the water out then refill it leavig the scum, my birds look like diamonds There is a lot of bull shit in pigeon racing

yes i read about another fancier doing this he said the algae is good for them,i do clean my drinkers weekly in sterilising fluid and rinse and fresh water daily,does the algae kill bad bacteria red Question
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:46 am

ive also heard this before, ken/friendslofts once told me he visited a top flyer and his drinkers were green, as he never cleaned them out...........so it seems there are no hard and fast rules to keeping and winning with pigeons. study
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:06 pm

There is a chap who lives only about 1 mile from me and has won quite a number of distance races in the past, he has his birds on open hole all day, he doesnt have a drinker? The birds fly out and down to a stream and a small pond at the bottom of his garden.
Not or me I like clean drinkers but it works for him.
Back to top Go down
blood red
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:22 pm

I found this vid very good(LUPINO) barcelona a different way
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:20 pm

blood red wrote:
I found this vid very good(LUPINO) barcelona a different way

The fanciers that never cleaned the loft
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:14 am

skytx wrote:
"NEVER" ask a pigeon to drink anything you would "NOT" Drink.

Fair enough comment skytx Smile Smile Now !!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes parts of the following I'm sure you would know (history), it happened around your area & to the north of texas. Back around the 1930's. Years of dust storms in a row 100s of miles wide & as high as one could see. Blew all the top soil of the land etc & it was that bad most of the people just walked of the land, because they couldn't produce anything & the livestock just died through breathing in all the fine dust. It was that bad, if you wanted to go for a drive in your car. Someone had to walk in front of you so that you didn't run of the road.
"Fact" No doctor's were available to most of the people there at that time, so most had to use home remedys to combat the many deaths which occured,mainly in the children. Because of the fine dust getting into their lungs.
Fun part !!!!!!!! Wink Wink Wink now. I recommend everyone try it, because it saved many children from death & proves that at the end of the day, we do not understand/know much about anything.
Tonic/daily Smile Smile 1 spoonful of kerosene, with a topping of sugar, till better.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:29 am

David wrote:
ive also heard this before, ken/friendslofts once told me he visited a top flyer and his drinkers were green, as he never cleaned them out...........so it seems there are no hard and fast rules to keeping and winning with pigeons. study

I imagine ??????????? Wink Wink he must have known something (Smart man)
People today would go out & buy something like Spirulina to get a similar effect.
Algae, which is one of health fads etc has many benefits & has helped people feel well within themselves, so not a bad thing I suspect.
Now !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's my input for the day lol! lol! lol! Some one else can have a go.
Back to top Go down
blood red
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Shit with sugar on, Laughing
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:09 pm

i put a handfull of dried seaweed in for the birds daily Smile its ground down to a granule size
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lice Treatment   Lice Treatment - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lice Treatment
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2