Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Yb sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
Yb sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
Yb sickness Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Yb sickness Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Yb sickness Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Yb sickness Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Yb sickness Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Yb sickness Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Yb sickness Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Yb sickness 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Yb sickness Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Yb sickness Vote_lcapYb sickness Voting_barYb sickness Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Yb sickness Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Yb sickness Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Yb sickness

Go down 
+8
seanl
Don Webb
Rudderfett
Knackered
oldstrain
mufc rick
David
peel bros
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Not sure but my ybs where not looking to good the other day.i have.nt had yb sickness for 2 years and i hope its just tiredness..they where a lot better today but i.m taking no chances this weekend and keeping them at home
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:46 pm

I didn't have it this year ray, last time I had it was about 3 seasons ago......since then ive fed light and stopped giving them certain things in the water, trying not to stress them too much and also changed my darkness method which ive found a lot better......
Back to top Go down
mufc rick
Youngbird
Youngbird
mufc rick

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:13 pm

ive had a couple be sick this year but nothing to the extent of what im hearing other fanciers r having .david how r ur pigeons feathers on that darkness system ?mine r in good order most only thrown 1 flight  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:41 pm

wise man ray....rest is best under these circumstances
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:58 pm

mufc rick wrote:
ive had a couple be sick this year but nothing to the extent of what im hearing other fanciers r having .david how r ur pigeons feathers on that darkness system ?mine r in good order most only thrown 1 flight  Very Happy 

most havnt moulted any wing flights rick, ive just seen to odd one or two but that's about all.....will definitely be using the same system next year.......
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 5:49 am

peel bros wrote:
Not sure but my ybs where not looking to good the other day.i have.nt had yb sickness for 2 years and i hope its just tiredness..they where a lot better today but i.m taking no chances this weekend and keeping them at home

One would hope it's not Y/bird sickness etc Ray. I've always been quite fascinated with the problems many have with this issue, over the years. For one that has never seen it or heard of it my general area type of thing, I do wonder why it keeps raring it's ugly head  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes so often. "Strange".  cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Well I must say that on the subject of YB sickness I have been a bit confused by it. Firstly I don't understand people getting their nickers in a twist over it! and this is why, I think it is just something you have to take in your stride s a fancier I never used to have it but now I do every year, however I welcome is sooner rather than later so I can get it out of the way before racing starts, I had it one year just after the first race and cocked me up for a few weeks. If you get it a few weeks before you start racing then its out of the way and the birds are not too affected.

If you have stuff from a vet ready for the first signs of it I use belgica deweerd stuff and it works they are back to normal within a week, some don't even get it at all some do but once it comes you loose a few maybe but they seem to get over it ok.

I really think its an illness here to stay so get to grips with it and don't moan about it, its like a child having a cold when they are young they are always sniffing and as you get older the system copes and you are healthier. I certainly don't panic and just get on with things, doesn't matter how clean your loft is or what system you fly they can get it, my loft as perfect ventilation and is spotless, drinkers and floor.

I had a later bred bird just last week show all the signs of it despite no other bird in the section having it, but they are older and have already been exposed to it, but because he is younger the bird had it but soon recovered from it, I didn't treat on this occasion as it would have meant treating the lot, and I wasn't doing that, if he didn't recover on his own then the bin was the next place.

These are my views from my experience and my advice is just don't even worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:14 pm

What I have noticed with young bird sickness the fanciers that don't get young bird sickness don't clean the lofts out but that's JMO
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:38 pm

Don Webb wrote:
What I have noticed with young bird sickness the fanciers that don't get young bird sickness don't clean the lofts out but that's JMO
yes Don they on deep litter but also feed light grains sean
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:48 pm

I know guys that get it...some on deep litter some not some natural ybs some dark but do agree a lite feed is a good idea with ybs so long as yer not to tight with it
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 7:19 pm

if you vaccinate them early, feed small grains,, put cider viniger in the water, put lemon juice on the corn, these light acids will help keep the crop fresh, dont overfeed , you should not have a problem, i dont Basketball cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 7:48 pm

Cheers Sean

Just something I have noticed I also think it helps improve the youngsters immune system
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 7:58 pm

seanl wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
yes Don  they on deep litter but also feed light grains   sean

Will agree Sean

For me the best way to feed them may take a few minutes longer would have to be by hand and the first 2 to go for water stop feeding and remove all feeds
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:25 pm

every one as a way of treating YBS all i did was no feed up to 72hrs
then a build up of light feed with VIRKON S in the drinker for 4 days
right as rain now , i also have a section under the perches with 2 inches of sand where the birds dropping drop down i rake it over every other day
the rest of the floor is cleaned every day and sprayed with VIRKON S . like i said every one is different .
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:41 pm

kev d wrote:
right as rain now , i also have a section under the perches with 2 inches of sand where the birds dropping drop down i rake it over every other day
the rest of the floor is cleaned every day and sprayed with  VIRKON S .  like i said every one is different .

Kev from a few article I have read it's about breaking the feed cycle and the 72 hrs does the trick

One of the top Irish fanciers (Alan Durrugh I think) does the same thing at the end of each season to stop worms and cocci and then a light feed through winter
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 8:44 pm

I decided feeding ybs light until training/racing was the best way, and if they did get it do not feed for I think it was 24 hours (?), no grit either and a course of nifuramycin.......this sorted it out.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 10:09 pm

Mines looking much better
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 12:56 am

Interesting stuff. YB'S. I am probably wrong here but as it has been linked to circovirus and other viruses seems to me the birds immune system is not up to par to begin with. Of course it is treatable. However, just a point or two. Some fliers here ship a 100 young birds a race. Some less of course. No matter how many one sends it is stress on all the birds. To varying degrees. I have had deep litter and scraped lofts. Never absolutely clean of course. What loft is? I have never had YB'S that I know of. Young bird is sick it recovers by itself or is nuked after a few days. Maybe nuked a few last few years. But have not flown Young birds last few years either. Pellets are a good percentage of my feed. Birds are fed once a day. They have open loft most of the time. Old and young go out together. Open country. In my humble opinion I have to ask this. When was Paramyxo first recognised, or Adenovirus or circovirus or all the other new threats? I am not sure but I believe they were non existent, or not recognised many years ago. Canker, Paratyphoid etc were the basic problems. Advent of cheap antibiotics, med sellers jumped on the bandwagon and flooded the pigeon world with 'must have meds'. So everyone used them. So of course natural immunity was compromised. Then came viruses. Flavour of the month treatments. Oh well, some one is cashing in on the scare tactics.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 1:19 am

kev d wrote:
the rest of the floor is cleaned every day and sprayed with  VIRKON S .  like i said every one is different .

Interesting Kev  Smile Smile 50 odd years ago I first read about "the no feed trick" for 3 days by the Belgiums etc. No Virkon S back then  Wink  Wink but I suspect ??? those at the time, new a thing or two. Also,  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  same same with my perches here. Great minds ???  lol!  lol!  lol!  think alike.   cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 8:47 pm

decided not to race ,they are not ready and will not be for another day or two
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:09 pm

if i have a bird of any age showing sighns of not digesting properly, i give a piece of charcole around the size of a pea, it helps neutralize the crop, and useualy works 99% of the time. hope this helps Basketball cheers 
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:15 pm

edgie wrote:
if i have a bird of any age showing sighns of not digesting properly, i give a piece of charcole around the size of a pea, it helps neutralize the crop, and useualy works 99% of the time. hope this helps Basketball cheers 

yes works well if you notice soon enough...you can buy charcoal tablets from chemist about the size of a aspirin tablet I give 2 at once wont do the bird any harm
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:17 pm

i just use the barbeque type, CHEAPER
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 7:50 pm

ones I use are obviously for human consumption I never really thought about using barbecue charcoal....is some of it laced with a fluid to help it lite up  Question 
Back to top Go down
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 8:23 pm

oldstrain wrote:
ones I use are obviously for human consumption I never really thought about using barbecue charcoal....is some of it laced with a fluid to help it lite up  Question 
dont think so ? but it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yb sickness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yb sickness   Yb sickness Empty

Back to top Go down

Yb sickness
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next