Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Louella young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:05 am

» Weather today
Louella young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Louella young birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Louella young birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Louella young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Louella young birds Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Louella young birds Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Louella young birds Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Louella young birds Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Louella young birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Louella young birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Louella young birds Vote_lcapLouella young birds Voting_barLouella young birds Vote_rcap 
David
Louella young birds Vote_lcapLouella young birds Voting_barLouella young birds Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Louella young birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Louella young birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Louella young birds

Go down 
+3
halcanada
David
Boosey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Louella young birds Empty
PostSubject: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Did any of our members buy a youngen or a kit of youngens from louella this year and if so what breed were they and how did they get on.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:16 pm

don't know of anyone who did boosey, but for the price of 6 its worth trying them.....weve had some good pigeons off louella many years ago, but cant say what they are like now.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:32 pm

Boosey. Louella does what most commercial pigeon sellers do. They buy the best from flavour of the month or year champions and then either breed the 'family' together or cross them. No matter were you get them from, Louella or others, odds are the same. Pure this or that is redundant nowadays. Names mean nothing. However if I were to buy off a top flier, I would buy 10 young birds. My expectations would be to get one very good one and others just average or below. But again, one in ten is pushing the odds. All the top sellers will put in the pedigrees results of the few they have that are super. If you are looking to get good birds then look around the UK. A flier in the UK or elsewhere for that matter, obviously has a strain of birds that excel at the distances he flies. There are more good birds in the UK than whatever came out of the Continent. PIPA hypes them up at auctions and big prices are paid. From overseas buyers. Do not get fooled by the advertising! Or pedigrees! performance counts. will the non performing pedigree pigeons make breeders? Who wants to keep them and find out? Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:13 am

Boosey wrote:
Did any of our members buy a youngen or a kit of youngens from louella this year and if so what breed were they and how did they get on.

Boosey, I would be quite happy to take a punt on I/2 kits from them etc as long Wink Wink as it was my choice, what finishes up in the kit type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:47 am

I think they lost their way when they started buying families of birds based on "in fashion" colours.
There should be some decent yb's bred when you consider how many stock they keep, law of averages, but you got to get close to the tree not 4 or 5 generations away.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 8:58 pm

back in about 1998 I bought a kit from louella it was 6 for 99 quid, so I went for van reets. However after booking early and paying for them I changed my job and had to give pigeons up for a while, so I gave the youngsters to a mate of mine locally free.

It wasnt for ages after I happened to ask him how they got on racing, he said they were all trained fine but lost a few, but there was 1 and it was a great little racer and won quite a bit, which did surprise me a bit, think it won 2 firsts. So you just need to be lucky.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Also like to say, I have bought a few old birds from them years ago and I still have quite a few, some were excellent breeders and well worth the money...Some of the birds doing well for me are from those birds.
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Rudderfett, what breed were the oldens.
I look at the site quite a lot but havnt bought anything yet as I wouldnt like to buy a bird without handling it first.
There does seem to be a few bargains on there if you look regilarly.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:25 pm

When Louella were doing the 6 for £99, I visited one sunday morning/afternoon and from what I saw the youngsters was the kits of 6 but there were only 1 or 2 which were worth buying the rest were just not up to standard

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Mind you I know plenty of fanciers that would buy 5 kits and race them hard and have some good pigeons from them but its like doing a lucky dip
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:43 pm

I think your right Don, it is a bit of a lottery.
I think its good for someone that hasnt got any winning bloodlines to maybe pick up a bargain.
Its possible to pick up grand children of multiple combine / open winners on there sometimes for around £70, and that would be exciting for someone to try at a very reasonable price that currently have a loft full of under achievers.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 11:26 am

Boosey wrote:
I think its good for someone that hasnt got any winning bloodlines to maybe pick up a bargain.
Its possible to pick up grand children of multiple combine / open  winners on there sometimes for around £70, and that would be exciting for someone to try at a very reasonable price that currently have a loft full of under achievers.

hi boosey, if its a lottery you want to partake in, ive about 20, three and four year old pigeons here you can have free of charge....... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:40 am

David wrote:
Boosey wrote:
Its possible to pick up grand children of multiple combine / open  winners on there sometimes for around £70, and that would be exciting for someone to try at a very reasonable price that currently have a loft full of under achievers.

hi boosey, if its a lottery you want to partake in, ive about 20,  three and four year old pigeons here you can have free of charge....... lol! lol! lol!

Boosey if I was you I would take David up on his offer put your money on the carriage mate David breeds quality pigeons

Last edited by Don Webb on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:46 am

Boosey wrote:

Boosey drop Steve a PM (S J Lofts) he has the best Staf van Reets in the country the best of Mark Caldwell and Steve wins also

Boosey I have seen his pigeons and they are quality mate
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Thanks Don, but I only ever look at Louella ive never actually bought anything, im going to be paying back money that ive borrowed for getting my new loft built for months yet.
Im already in the dog house with the misus for spending too much, I think I'd wake up minus something if I spent another penny on pigeons this side of xmas. Embarassed

Im sure Sj lofts will have no trouble selling their birds, the quality that they are.

Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:10 pm

The youngsters I bought as I said were van reets but I never even seen them so cant comment, the old birds I have bought were corbert bushearts all have bred winners, janssens via braspenning which were very good and I still have most, janssens via v.d.bocshe which are very good and I still have 2, and janssens via pow brothers and again very good birds and have 2.

So out of about 22 stock birds bought I dispatched most within 2 years because they bred nothing, but kept 8 because they bred good or very good pigeons, some winners, but the corbert bush cock , and a janssen cock bred the odd exceptional bird as well, and the family runs right through my loft now all crossed with something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Louella young birds   Louella young birds Empty

Back to top Go down

Louella young birds
Page 1 of 1