Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
eye sign choice - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:05 am

» Weather today
eye sign choice - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
eye sign choice - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
eye sign choice - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
eye sign choice - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
eye sign choice - Page 3 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
eye sign choice - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
eye sign choice - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
eye sign choice - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) eye sign choice - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 63 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 63 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.eye sign choice - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
eye sign choice - Page 3 Vote_lcapeye sign choice - Page 3 Voting_bareye sign choice - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
eye sign choice - Page 3 Vote_lcapeye sign choice - Page 3 Voting_bareye sign choice - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
eye sign choice - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
eye sign choice - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

eye sign choice

Go down 
+6
halcanada
Don Webb
Knackered
oldstrain
George & Morgan
birdy2011
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

eye sign choice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:29 pm

halcanada wrote:
Don. Appreciate your opinions, as the other opinions on here. What the heck is a weak type of eye? Dark rich colour is better than pale, washed out looking eyes? Preference only in the eyes of the beholder.The birds race, is that not what we breed them for? Not colours, feather or eyes. So, if all had breeding 'eyes' and were kept for breeding only no races would be flown! Simplistic, I know but what is between the eyes is the most important part of a pigeon. No matter the colour. JMO.
"You may be right, I may be wrong,but you will never convince me of that." as a very good fancier once told me.
The athletes of today, human or horses or whatever are never graded as to their potential by eye exams. Just pigeons.
This is a good article.
http://schaerlaeckens.mikehopman.nl/pages/leesartikel.php?id=603

Halcanada for me a weak eye is an eye which is weak in or dull in colour, you have a point with the breeders yes everyone would not be raced and placed in the stock loft, but that is were you could be the losing a potential racer / breeder which are the top draw of all pigeon fanciers

Halcanada I will also agree with you 110% if they have not got the magic touch between both eyes then you can forget them

Halcanada the best breeding hen I ever owned was the worsed pigeon I ever raced but she could breed the goods

The article by Ad is a good interesting read

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:33 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
If this isn't a breeder of the highest quality I will poke my own eyes out with a stick, its a janssen eye belonging to a pigeon that not only won a ton of races but filled its owners loft with gold, and that man was Raymund hermes.

And I don't have 1 even close to this or ever seen 1 up close like it,  and mostly no body else does including old Ad.

Don't  think an eye glass would be needed for this one Don.

Your right again Martyn no you don't need a eye glass for this one very nice

But can you repost the eye from Nick Brentt of Australia that was just pure class Breeding eye
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:40 pm

David wrote:
the more I read about eyesign, the more confused I become......certain racing eyes that have been posted are crap breeding eyes,(allegedly ) so does this mean a good racer with a racing eye and not a breeding eye will not produce its kind ?  

does a pigeon that has a good breeding eye be a good racer, or can crap racers be good breeders....?

David the best breeder I ever owned was the worst racer I had ever owned and was saved from being removed from the team because we were short on hens and it was a pigeon which I had made my dad buy in 1987 for £5 from a top fancier

But to say she breed the goods well she could my only regreat was I never brought a top class cock to pair to her as the pigeons me and my dad had were just middy oka nothing special but she still bred winners every year
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:44 pm

If I was asked to judge on a show it depends if it was ttb or handling though the bars any one can do that if the bird is clean by this I mean feet wattles nose and feathers and looks in good condition it will stand out from the rest but can hide a number of faults handling is different you can check for fret marked feathers or any parasite and over all condition deep keeled long cast short cast weak backed long legs should not come in to it as this is all down to personal preference
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:47 pm

David wrote:
the more I read about eyesign, the more confused I become......certain racing eyes that have been posted are crap breeding eyes,(allegedly ) so does this mean a good racer with a racing eye and not a breeding eye will not produce its kind ?  

does a pigeon that has a good breeding eye be a good racer, or can crap racers be good breeders....?

David as for eyesign it's everyone to there own and what I like May not be the same taste to someone else. It's everyone to there own to be honest mate

I have been reading up about this for over 30 years ever since I saw a film by Bill Carney and I was hooked from then on with the fascination

But it still is and will always be a big point of discussion some fanciers like it and some fanciers think it's a complete was of time but it's all apart of learning something new
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:49 pm

markevans wrote:
If I was asked to judge on a show it depends if it was ttb or handling  though the bars any one can do that if the bird is clean by this I mean feet wattles nose and feathers and looks in good condition it will stand out from the rest but can hide a number of faults handling is different you can check for fret marked feathers or any parasite and over all condition deep keeled long cast short cast weak backed long legs should not come in to it as this is all down to personal preference

Your right Mark it's everyone's own preference

Mark what club is it you fly in ???
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:56 pm

Clairgate he with the Gloucestershire fed
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:16 am

You don't fly against Arthur Farrow and the Wood Brothers then ???

Which part of Wolverhampton is that club then???
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:25 am

Not any more they both live only five minutes from me both top class fanciers as is greham Owen top men
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:40 am

markevans wrote:
If I was asked to judge on a show it depends if it was ttb or handling  though the bars any one can do that if the bird is clean by this I mean feet wattles nose and feathers and looks in good condition it will stand out from the rest but can hide a number of faults handling is different you can check for fret marked feathers or any parasite and over all condition deep keeled long cast short cast weak backed long legs should not come in to it as this is all down to personal preference

True Mark Smile Smile much the same reason why I like to handler the birds on basket night etc "Liquorice all sorts" mixed lollies Wink Wink at times early in the season, but it is a great way to read how a flyer is going in my view. Though at times one can become rather confused with the result Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. One thing I have always done here for years is grab any new flyers & put them on putting the birds in the units/baskets. Some of the purists Wink Wink rather don't like it, but for the most part they have just forgotten when they were novices type of thing & I think it's good for the new fancier & if they are on the smart side of things bounce bounce it can work to their benefit. cheers
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:48 am

Yes you are right any new starter should be given all the opportunity's to learn especially the handling of birds its the only way to learn you see it all the time up and down the country with old hands who can tell you what to do but can't even hold a bird right
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:53 am

Rudderfett wrote:
I agree I think they do

I was hoping lol! lol! lol! they did Rudd Smile Smile etc & that's why I used the red flag on the flag pole here. Very scientific ???  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  type of guy, am I. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:23 am

markevans wrote:
Yes you are right any new starter should be given all the opportunity's to learn especially the handling of birds its the only way to learn you see it all the time up and down the country with old hands who can tell you what to do but can't even hold a bird right

I agree there mark, im surprised how many times ive seen pigeon men who cant even handle a pigeon correctly........and how rough they are when basketing them. No scratch
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:24 pm

here you go Don, it really is an amazing eye.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:25 pm

eye sign choice - Page 3 Q
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:27 pm

If you were writing a book on eye sign and could put everything you expect to find in a perfect eye it would look like this, if you got a bird with an eye like this and its cant fly, or breed I will buy it... lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
If you were writing a book on eye sign and could put everything you expect to find in a perfect eye it would look like this, if you got a bird with an eye like this and its cant fly, or breed I will buy it... lol!

Martyn you will have to get past me first mate SORRY lol!

Halcanada now that's what I am trying to say with strong colourful yes with loads of characteristics mate
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:11 pm

markevans wrote:

Your spot on Mark but as you may know there are a lot of fanciers who win with the beer glass and there is a lot of fanciers who just aren't prepared to help the youngsters in this sport because they are scared they will beat them

Always loved to do the marking and handling of the birds by doing this you are able to then compare them to your own birds and try to get your own birds in the same condition and Handling the same

Just a shame with this sport its start against the best from day one
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:02 pm

The first club I tried to join here 9 years ago would not let me in. 40 miles too short. They thought it was an advantage. That was my nearest club. 15 plus members. So joined another club. I am 48 miles behind them. Short end to long end. The first club is now down to 5 members. One guy wins 99% of the races. So many left to fly in other clubs. What they should have done is get better birds or more realistically, get better methods. You only get out of pigeon racing what you put in to it.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:40 pm

halcanada wrote:
The first club I tried to join here 9 years ago would not let me in. 40 miles too short. They thought it was an advantage. That was my nearest club. 15 plus members. So joined another club. I am 48 miles behind them. Short end to long end. The first club is now down to 5 members. One guy wins 99% of the races. So many left to fly in other clubs. What they should have done is get better birds or more realistically, get better methods. You only get out of pigeon racing what you put in to it.

Your spot on about the other fanciers methods
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:19 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
eye sign choice - Page 3 Q

Rudd Wink Wink I think I'm up with it ??? etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes That's that Aussie eye I believe, that many were in raptures over type of thing as posted by Brent & Fleming in the past here on the internet. At a guess I would say that eye would be close to 35/40 years old now & in that time we have bred aound 8 million pigeons here (at a rough guess) & not an eye has come within a bulls roar lol! lol! lol! of that eye. So !!! Wink Wink Go man Go bounce bounce if your striving to breed the same eye. Now !!! if it is not the Aussie eye of Holdens as I believe, just put all the above down to me having a seniors moment in time XXX. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:02 am

No its the eye alright, amazing.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:46 am

Rudderfett wrote:
No its the eye alright, amazing.

What !!! Me "Amazing" for my memory Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes or the eye Rudd Wink Wink etc I suspect it's the later, as it's one cracking eye with out a doubt. Even for someone like me bounce bounce . cheers
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 11:16 am

both lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
both lol!

Strange Rudd Smile Smile Wink  Wink  how we can stretch the truth some what bounce bounce  to make a point etc. Now !!! back to business here, would anybody like to advise me here how the like's of the Coopers, Gilbert or even Ronnie Williamson from Ireland go about judging there champion race birds by their eye's & Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes would they refuse to place some of them in stock, if they had what many class/term a racing eye  Wink  Wink as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eye sign choice   eye sign choice - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

eye sign choice
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next