Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
race team should you rear or not  Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
race team should you rear or not  Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
race team should you rear or not  Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
race team should you rear or not  Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
race team should you rear or not  Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
race team should you rear or not  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
race team should you rear or not  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
race team should you rear or not  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
race team should you rear or not  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) race team should you rear or not  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.race team should you rear or not  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
race team should you rear or not  Vote_lcaprace team should you rear or not  Voting_barrace team should you rear or not  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
race team should you rear or not  Vote_lcaprace team should you rear or not  Voting_barrace team should you rear or not  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
race team should you rear or not  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
race team should you rear or not  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

race team should you rear or not

Go down 
+5
Rudderfett
oldstrain
Knackered
Don Webb
markevans
9 posters
AuthorMessage
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

race team should you rear or not  Empty
PostSubject: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:48 pm

Some say you should rear from your old birds to help bond them to their box does it really matter whether they have a youngster or not or just sit eggs is it nessacery for cocks to have hens or fly them celabut
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Mark for me it's what makes the pigeon tick, but I do think if you let them breed it does help the natural instinct come out of the pigeon JMO

But everyone if different just like your pigeons
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:51 pm

Yes don don't really no if its nessasery to breed from them I'm not this year but they say it helps with the homing instinct not rearing from them does away with any weaknesses that may be there
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 11:12 pm

markevans wrote:
Some say you should rear from your old birds to help bond them to their box does it really matter whether they have a youngster or not or just sit eggs is it nessacery for cocks to have hens or fly them celabut

Why not Mark Smile Smile if one breeds out of the best off the race team I suspect/know you can find some cracking youngsters etc. If one thinks about it on average they are at there prime health wise/fitnese & in most cases they have the pleasure of flying out as such, at least here. Which from my perspective is all on the bonus side of things with what may come out of the egg. Then again Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I know nothing lol! lol! lol! so all the above may be a load of tripe. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 10:18 am

I always have reared from my racers but not racing ybs this year will be interesting to compare
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 1:07 pm

My mate last year bred nothing from his racers, I raced mine natural and reared 2 each, We both had excellent season not out of the top 5 weekly I topped section once he did it twice we had very similar results, I won old bird averages for first 5 races he won combined over the whole season. So it makes no difference if you ask me, I did have very slightly better returns.
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 2:44 pm

I have no choice I have to breed from my racers as I don't have stock section yet, I think Don is right it helps bring out the love of home. Jmo
Back to top Go down
D J LOFTS
Chipping
Chipping
D J LOFTS

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 8:14 pm

we let them rear 1 nest as we think it bonds the pair to the box and a stronger bond for the pair and if you flot the eggs you can get more off your best pigeons
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:55 pm

I've thought of single rearing
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 7:40 am

Why not breed out of the race team as most good racers end up in the stock loft anyway.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 8:53 am

cowandchicken wrote:
Why not breed out of the race team as most good racers end up in the stock loft anyway.

agree their m8
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:29 pm

no one can say for sure if a bird is going to breed winners or not its fact
now if you were to buy say six y/b and keep them for stock then you be buying blind
as for breeding off race birds why not any bird that is past the yearling stage
in the loft thats not had a few prizes shouldnt be in there full stop the odds it will win something is slim
if your stock is good enough and breeding winners float the eggs
but any bird that wins prizes should have a chance to produce its like
if there no good what have you lost nothing
a pigeon will take a box and stick to it with or without a mate
we put 9 yearlings in a section of there own they never been in there befor
all have taken a box and settled it will be interesting to see if any that took the top 3 boxs win anything 2 of the 3 that took top boxs had miner prize cards yet 2 that won races have taken a bottom box
ile let you know
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 12:47 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
now if you were to buy say six y/b and keep them for stock then you be buying blind
in the loft thats not  had a few prizes shouldnt be in there full stop the odds it will win something is slim
all have taken a box and settled it will be interesting to see if any that took the top 3 boxs win anything 2 of the 3 that took top boxs had miner prize cards yet 2 that won races have taken a bottom box
ile let you know

are you racing these celibate g
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 1:20 pm

undecided yet daz the odds are widdowhood but starting racing late may
with them
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 1:33 pm

ah rite good luck whatever ya decide atb
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 5:17 pm

My set up is so small I have to breed of every bird available
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:57 pm

D J LOFTS wrote:
we let them rear 1 nest as we think it bonds the pair to the box and a stronger bond for  the pair and if you flot the eggs you can get more off your best pigeons

Spot on there you can get2rounds from stock with in a 2 week period
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:58 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
in the loft thats not  had a few prizes shouldnt be in there full stop the odds it will win something is slim
ile let you know

Your spot on Gas always
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 7:04 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
I've thought of single rearing

Steve you will breed a very strong youngster plus it puts less stress on the parents JMO
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 9:55 pm

cowandchicken wrote:

A bit on the simple side CC Smile Smile etc I suspect Wink Wink You should have a go at the Kiss senaro lol! lol! lol!. With your line of thought, it may just work Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: race team should you rear or not    race team should you rear or not  Empty

Back to top Go down

race team should you rear or not
Page 1 of 1