Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
just don't make sense Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» Weather today
just don't make sense Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
just don't make sense Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
just don't make sense Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
just don't make sense Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
just don't make sense Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
just don't make sense Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
just don't make sense Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
just don't make sense Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) just don't make sense 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 71 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 70 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.just don't make sense Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
just don't make sense Vote_lcapjust don't make sense Voting_barjust don't make sense Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
just don't make sense Vote_lcapjust don't make sense Voting_barjust don't make sense Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222761 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
just don't make sense Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
just don't make sense Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

just don't make sense

Go down 
+4
halcanada
Knackered
devo56
George & Morgan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

just don't make sense Empty
PostSubject: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 7:50 am

went to local club to collect some corn and heard of a member who sent his ybs with the obs in 2 races then lost them in first yb race just don't make sense
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: just dont make sense   just don't make sense EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:03 am

I think young birds that are training, or racing with older birds, Loose out on part of their education.
They are missing out on their homing ability, and just become followers. Young birds need to work out for themselves, really it should be natural for them. But is it the case of breeding is not the same any more, are they being bred for speed, and their homing ability is not there. not sure myself but just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:20 am

devo56 wrote:
I think young birds that are training, or racing with older birds, Loose out on part of their education.
They are missing out on their homing ability, and just become followers. Young birds need to work out for themselves, really it should be natural for them. But is it the case of breeding is not the same any more, are they being bred for speed, and their homing ability is not there. not sure myself but just a thought.

lol!lol!lol! Copy & paste job Devo Wink Wink Just Curious Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes why you think youngsters miss out by being tossed with old birds etc. Many roads to Rome I know, but any type of toss is just part of the learning curve from my perspective. But then, I'm one of those types that is happier if my youngsters get well split up in there training tosses & the birds are going in all directions here that one could think of before finding there way home. cheers
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: just dont make sense   just don't make sense EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 1:54 pm

Knackered wrote:
devo56 wrote:

lol!lol!lol! Copy & paste job Devo Wink Wink Just Curious Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes why you think youngsters miss out by being tossed with old birds etc. Many roads to Rome I know, but any type of toss is just part of the learning curve from my perspective. But then, I'm one of those types that is happier if my youngsters get well split up in there training tosses & the birds are going in all directions here that one could think of before finding there way home. cheers

I feel each task any young bird does is a learning process, for that individual. When training young birds i think this is the main way to find out what you have in your team, thinkers and fact finders. Or followers that a very happy to fly with a flock. I think comes into practice on the breakaway, just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 7:44 pm

There are a zillion ways to select young birds. Tried most of them as regards training feeding etc,. Eyes, confirmation, pedigrees. One young fellow out West raises late breds only and ships them as yearlings following year. December hatched. Quite often they will win! Why? No idea. His theory is why ship them two years to find out if they are any good? Right or wrong, works for him. December out West is below zero F. -30 some Cent.
Years ago ran out of old birds for last few 200 milers and shipped young birds. Was in the top ten each time with 2 or 3. Nowadays, send em all, keep the highest placing ones, eliminate the others. Like breeds like 90% of the time. But each to their own.
Was talking to a fancier who was telling me about his new feed. Told me it is balanced, has everything. Asked him if he sorted the grains and fed individually. Said he did not have to. Told him then some birds were getting the full benefit most were not. A pigeon will eat to its preference. Choose one grain over another so unless a bird eats grains in proportion to the mix, balanced diet means nothing. Pellets will take care of that.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:02 pm

not a fancier born who can say he now's everything about pigeons we are all learning what works for one want work for another just enjoy your birds
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:22 pm

markevans wrote:
not a fancier born who can say he now's everything about pigeons we are all learning what works for one want work for another just enjoy your birds

True Mark Smile Smile "Knowledge factor" but the internet is filled with people lol! lol! lol! who think they do etc. One has many examples & if one looks at one loft races where the best of the best are sent on average by everyone there to take the pot of gold & yet most are very disappointed in the final outcome I suspect. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:38 pm

halcanada wrote:
There are a zillion ways to select young birds. Tried most of them as regards training feeding etc,. Eyes, confirmation, pedigrees. One young fellow out West raises late breds only and ships them as yearlings following year. December hatched. Quite often they will win! Why? No idea. His theory is why ship them two years to find out if they are any good? Right or wrong, works for him. December out West is below zero F. -30 some Cent.
Years ago ran out of old birds for last few 200 milers and shipped young birds. Was in the top ten each time with 2 or 3. Nowadays, send em all, keep the highest placing ones, eliminate the others. Like breeds like 90% of the time. But each to their own.
Was talking to a fancier who was telling me about his new feed. Told me it is balanced, has everything. Asked him if he sorted the grains and fed individually. Said he did not have to. Told him then some birds were getting the full benefit most were not. A pigeon will eat to its preference. Choose one grain over another so unless a bird eats grains in proportion to the mix, balanced diet means nothing. Pellets will take care of that.

Interesting Hal Smile Smile Balanced diet Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. I mentioned here earlier on how I was onto a cheap pigeon mix etc $11 a bag, where the average price is $22 to $25 a bag for 20 kilograms here. We have just finished what I call the sprint series (9 races) & I know of 3 flyers using it that have won Fed races & also Smile Smile the little fat blokes toss partner is using it & he is up there with the best of them in the Fed averages also. It even has safflower as part of the mix & the other day I just happened to buy a few bags  of the same to top it up & it cost me $39 for a 20 kilo bag. Decided lol! lol! lol! to keep that one Wink Wink from the missus bounce bounce. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:33 pm

devo56 wrote:

Spot on George
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 11:34 pm

devo56 wrote:
Knackered wrote:
devo56 wrote:

I feel each task any young bird does is a learning process, for that individual. When training young birds i think this is the main way to find out what you have in your team, thinkers and fact finders. Or followers that a very happy to fly with a flock. I think comes into practice on the breakaway, just my thoughts.

Spot on again George
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 am

good pigeons are born
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 am

oldstrain wrote:
good pigeons are born

Oh so true O/S Smile Smile Unfortunately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes telling the truth as it is bounce bounce I'm affraid makes for a very small book etc by the pen pushes Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: just dont make sense   just don't make sense EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 2:49 pm

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
good pigeons are born

Oh so true O/S Smile Smile Unfortunately Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes telling the truth as it is bounce bounce I'm affraid makes for a very small book etc by the pen pushes Wink Wink. cheers

It is true good pigeons are born, along with other living things, But to help the young one become a champion, you need to nurture that individual. For the young bird to show its true ability. This is all a part of the nurture foundations.

The loft, Stock birds, Nutrition, Breeding, Training, Health.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 2:56 pm

and I keep coming back to the days when there was no training few had transport, birds went from week one to the end and real family's of pigeons were founded I have lost 4 out of 5 at olr I have to look at if the birds were too early bred or not good enough
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 3:48 pm

and also if the man managing them gave them a fair chance George........... Question Question study
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:35 pm

you can make a good one better but a bad one will always be a bad one
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: just dont make sense   just don't make sense EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:42 pm

markevans wrote:
you can make a good one better but a bad one will always be a bad one

So true mark, if there is no ability in the first place, there never will be, no matter what you try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just don't make sense   just don't make sense Empty

Back to top Go down

just don't make sense
Page 1 of 1