Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
loft management cleaning.  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:52 am

» Weather today
loft management cleaning.  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» RPRA Partnerships
loft management cleaning.  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:26 am

» BHW Subscriptions
loft management cleaning.  Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
loft management cleaning.  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
loft management cleaning.  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
loft management cleaning.  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
loft management cleaning.  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
loft management cleaning.  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) loft management cleaning.  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 60 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 58 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.loft management cleaning.  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
loft management cleaning.  Vote_lcaploft management cleaning.  Voting_barloft management cleaning.  Vote_rcap 
David
loft management cleaning.  Vote_lcaploft management cleaning.  Voting_barloft management cleaning.  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222782 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
loft management cleaning.  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
loft management cleaning.  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

loft management cleaning.

Go down 
+6
Boosey
peel bros
shippy
George & Morgan
oldstrain
devo56
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

loft management cleaning.  Empty
PostSubject: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:17 am

What do other members do on this subject. I have a routine of cleaning the 3 sections of loft, at 8.30 am and then at 4.30 pm. water changed daily, and high level dusting once a week. Easybed rake over 3 times a week. changed every 6 weeks.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:45 am

I use grills with litter underneath for my hens ...deep litter for cocks during autumn and winter but clean floor during racing which is scrapped daily ...deep litter for ybs from weaning right through ...boxes and perches are cleaned daily 365 days
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 am

don't clean have deep litter now got a dropping board to catch the droppings what I have noticed in the pass clear out the deep litter and birds seem to fall back for a few days
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 12:06 pm

old birds cleaned daily y/birds deep litter and when we pair up the litter is bagged and loft cleaned and sprayed then we put the litter back down the day we wean the y/birds
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 5:33 pm

We clean out daily in the winter..twice in the race season.waters changed everyday.believe me we have lot a bit to do lol
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Rainbow what's the point of having a droppings board, you still have to scrape the board. scratch
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 6:07 pm

soon as its light the birds are cleaned fed and watered same again around 3pm then shut down
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 6:44 pm

I have deep litter that's the reason even if I hadn't I would still have a dropping board below the perches
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 7:06 pm

even if you don't have deep litter it's much easier to clean the board which is were most of droppings are

Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 7:39 pm

all lofts cieaned out 365 days a year twice in the summer once this time of the year water bowls washed out every day with boiling water a lite dusting on the perches with loft white and sawdust mixed
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 10:40 am

I spoke of having a dropping board under the perches has any member got this board
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:05 pm

rainbow wrote:
I spoke of having a dropping board under the perches  has any member got this board

yes under my v-perch section for hens ...at 45 degree angle
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:08 pm

oh I know what you mean now, I thought it was just laid on the floor, lol.
yes that's a good idea rainbow.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 2:34 pm

mine is not under the perches as I'm putting nestboxes under them but this is what I mean

loft management cleaning.  P1000698_zpsqfubnl9w
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:54 pm

what a good idea that is keep the floor clean and drie and not having to bend down to far if i ever get around to alter my young bird section this will be in place
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:00 pm

board was only £8 and still have 3ft left
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 10:48 pm

markevans wrote:
what a good idea that is keep the floor clean and drie and not having to bend down to far if i ever get around to alter my young bird section this will be in place

Mark do you remember a fancier call Billy O'Neil of Dudley Port

In his loft he had boards on the floor which were 2 to 3 inches of the floor under his perches and nest boxes, this helped keep the floor dry and free of damp

All he had to do lift the boards of the floor scrap them then a small sprinkle of lime
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:20 am

shippy wrote:

old birds cleaned daily y/birds deep litter and when we pair up the litter is bagged and loft cleaned and sprayed then we put the litter back down the day we wean the y/birds

Shippy, I have never heard of this before, were you bag the litter and put it back down, when breeding as took place and young birds are at the stage to be weaned. I gather it must be to do with the immune system. Would this be correct ?. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:32 am

I am looking at increasing fresh air into the loft, and also removing the stale air. This giving at any time of the day or night, depending on weather for a good loft ventilation system. Any thoughts please. This is what i am looking to buy, one on each side of loft, inlet and outlet. I work it out i have 18.4  sqr cubic mtrs so i think this would help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380815324516?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by devo56 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 12:25 pm

devo56 wrote:
shippy wrote:

Shippy, I have never heard of this before, were you bag the litter and put it back down, when breeding as took place and young birds are at the stage to be weaned. I gather it must be to do with the immune system. Would this be correct ?. Thank you.

thats the thought behind it devo and been doing it the last 5 year and no probs
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 12:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback Shippy, food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 1:00 pm

shippy wrote:
devo56 wrote:
shippy wrote:

Here's one for you Shippy I agree with you 110%, but if you look at the fanciers who don't have problems with YBS you'll find that they don't clean out at all and just scrap the perches, Frank Tasker never cleaned out and look at his results with youngsters
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 1:05 pm

thanks for that Don feel less guilty now george
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 1:14 pm

we just put fresh litter down for ybs when their weaned but it gets changed before following years ybs get weaned as it just gets too dusty after the moult
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Don Webb wrote:
shippy wrote:
devo56 wrote:
shippy wrote:

Here's one for you Shippy I agree with you 110%, but if you look at the fanciers who don't have problems with YBS you'll find that they don't clean out at all and just scrap the perches, Frank Tasker never cleaned out and look at his results with youngsters

don we do not scrape perches at all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: loft management cleaning.    loft management cleaning.  Empty

Back to top Go down

loft management cleaning.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next