Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
the light system Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
the light system Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
the light system Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
the light system Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
the light system Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
the light system Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
the light system Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
the light system Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
the light system Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) the light system 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 38 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.the light system Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
the light system Vote_lcapthe light system Voting_barthe light system Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
the light system Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
the light system Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

the light system

Go down 
+4
David
Lofty
shippy
oldstrain
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

the light system Empty
PostSubject: the light system   the light system EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 9:25 am

any members who have tried it ...or have any previous knowledge of it ,thinking of extending the light after the longest day in june not thinking of pulling flights and going that far with it just want to get extra 2 weeks on the road out of the naturals ...thanks
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 9:09 am

you need a daylight bulb switch on from 7pm until 10pm best of luck
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 9:23 am

thanks for your reply shippy I think it will do the trick just want the ybs to hold their feathering for extra 2 weeks it could be a good alternative to darkening breeding later and lights ...see how it goes not got much choice this year anyway
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 10:18 am

When I bred foreign finches I used to use a dimmer timer switch, started to go off at 10 pm and took 30 minutes to go dark completely, worth a try Daz, think you can still get them in b&q, if I remember I only paid a couple of quid for it.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 10:26 am

as you know Darren, ive not had much racing experience, but ive heard of fanciers putting the lights on with young birds to stop them moulting towards the end of the yb season.....I think that was when they had been on the dark, not sure about natural.....
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 5:51 pm

Daz the best one to ask would have to be John McGee who does the French OLR

There was a video done on him and he comments about his own light system

He had his youngsters on 23.5 hours of light
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 6:16 pm

Something i have not tried would be interesting to see how it works out though study
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 6:47 pm

thanks for the replies lads Smile
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

the light system Empty
PostSubject: the lighting system   the light system EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 8:46 pm

oldstrain wrote:
any members who have tried it ...or have any previous knowledge of it ,thinking of extending the light after the longest day in june not thinking of pulling flights and going that far with it just want to get extra 2 weeks on the road out of the naturals ...thanks

So Daz would this method take your right to around the 12th september, before they go in heavy moult.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:02 am

Don Webb wrote:
Daz the best one to ask would have to be John McGee who does the French OLR

There was a video done on him and he comments about his own light system

He had his youngsters on 23.5 hours of light

I would hate to be paying his power bill etc Don Wink Wink if living here. The price  is that bad now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  I'm using candles to cut my costs down. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 8:35 am

devo56 wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

So Daz would this method take your right to around the 12th september, before they go in heavy moult.

aiming for 5 races minimum dev if they hold their feather for more it would be a bonus ,its a trial which has been forced upon me as my new lofts erection got delayed
Back to top Go down
devo56
Youngbird
Youngbird

the light system Empty
PostSubject: the lighting system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 8:40 am

oldstrain wrote:
devo56 wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

aiming for 5 races minimum dev if they hold their feather for more it would be a bonus ,its a trial which has been forced upon me as my new lofts erection got delayed

Right Daz i see, think i would rather have light than the dark myself, for the birds health getting all that light, can only be a good thing for their growth and development.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 8:52 am

devo56 wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
devo56 wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Right Daz i see, think i would rather have light than the dark myself, for the birds health getting all that light, can only be a good thing for their growth and development.

I will keep this post updated dev with my findings for those interested it could be a good alternative ...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:11 am

Darren, is it the light system for young birds your thinking about...? sorry I thought you meant stopping the ybs from moulting at the back end of the yb season to enable them to finish the season....

if I remember rightly gaz b did the light system and I think it means you need to keep the lights on all of the yb season, not just like darkness when you take them off before racing......

could be mistaken tho`.... lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:17 am

David wrote:
Darren, is it the light system for young birds your thinking about...?  sorry I thought you meant stopping the ybs from moulting at the back end of the yb season to enable them to finish the season....

if I remember rightly gaz b did the light system and I think it means you need to keep the lights on all of the yb season, not just like darkness when you take them off before racing......

could be mistaken tho`.... lol!

yes david just want to get a few more weeks out of the back end of the season by putting lights on after the longest day in june until after they have been basketed for their last race ,so lights on for july and august until 10pm
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:24 am

ah right, that's what I originally thought you meant.....lol, to be honest when i have raced ybs and had them on the dark ive found mine wernt moulting badly enough around the time of the last couple of races to either stop them or turn lights on.....why this is i don't know, they could have easily raced the full yb season without doing anything.....i don't know if this is because the parents were paired up in February, or because i put them onto dark later than some other fanciers, or maybe does it make a difference if they are weaned straight onto the dark, rather than when the clocks alter...?

i don't know...... Question Question

our yb season starts around 23rd july if that makes any difference...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:34 am

no what I mean david is having naturals pairing end of febuary hatching out late march early april weaning late april early may and putting lights on after longest day in june only from about 7pm to 10pm without the lights I am sure I will get 5 or 6 races but for an extra 2 races maybe the lights will hold off them moulting just for those last 2 races
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:40 am

ah right, old bird racing....... lol!

I get you now ... Razz Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 10:54 am

no I mean ybs david lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:45 pm

scratch scratch scratch

I give up......... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 11:29 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 11:31 pm

its getting to confusing now confused confused confused affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 9:51 am

quite simple lads Laughing pair old birds end of feb then have weaning ybs around end of april ,keep them natural until the longest day in june after that put lights on in the loft from about 7 to 10pm until racing ends Smile
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:10 pm

does that stop them moulting Darren...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:46 pm

David wrote:
does that stop them moulting Darren...?

yes we are hoping so only for a matter of an extra 2 or 3 weeks racing I know a guy that does this regular and he does extremely well and allways gets the ybs to the last race
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the light system Empty
PostSubject: Re: the light system   the light system Empty

Back to top Go down

the light system
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next