Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
feeding greens..... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:05 am

» Weather today
feeding greens..... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
feeding greens..... Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
feeding greens..... Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
feeding greens..... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
feeding greens..... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
feeding greens..... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
feeding greens..... Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
feeding greens..... Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) feeding greens..... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 92 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.feeding greens..... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
feeding greens..... Vote_lcapfeeding greens..... Voting_barfeeding greens..... Vote_rcap 
David
feeding greens..... Vote_lcapfeeding greens..... Voting_barfeeding greens..... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
feeding greens..... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
feeding greens..... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

feeding greens.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

feeding greens..... Empty
PostSubject: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:21 pm

does anyone give the birds lettuce or any other greed stuff or vegitable.i give my birds a lettuce when ever i see it going cheap but dont know if it has any nutritional values.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Very Happy Hi I have heared that greens are good for pigeons, when I was 15 and still learning the art of pigeons many good fanciers told me to feed letuce and other greens like fresh sprouting cress in a tub, I even used to cut up dandilions and give them. Not sure if any of them done any good, bert braspenning sweers by carrots, and wouldnt we like to fly like he does. But for the little bit of extra they get I dont think its worth it, and my birds always got wet droppings after so stopped a long time ago, but I think the carrots could be very good as there are things in them you dont find in other food, so blend them up and stick the juice in the water.. must be good.
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:33 pm

yes ive heard that putting fruit juice like alderberrys in the water is good but its only the vitamins that they get so a good probiotic is the same.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Greens are good for the pigeons always gave mine the leaves of the cabbage which my mom never used for dinner even the potato skins given every two weeks pigeons loved the veg
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Durring the summer months the birds love lettace leafs, so on salad days they get them
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:54 pm

would nettles boiled in water be good for pigeons......? been told they are full of iron so the water could be good used in pigeons drinkers.....

any thoughts anyone ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Have no idear

But can tell you an old thing which fanciers did was to put 6 inch nails in the water fountain and allow to rust as they thought this gave the pigeons iron

And yes saw a top fancier old man Jimpa Price of "Price and Hale" with 6 inch nails in his water fountains went straight home and placed 3 6inch nails in each of the 3 water fountains at my own loft
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:52 pm

ive heard about the rusty nail thing as well.as for the nettlesw thing is it thistle nettles or poison ivy nettles?lol i have an abundance of both in the garden.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Not sure mate, never used any nettles
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:48 pm

geordiejen wrote:
ive heard about the rusty nail thing as well.as for the nettlesw thing is it thistle nettles or poison ivy nettles?lol i have an abundance of both in the garden.
think it was the stinging nettles, remember when we were kids a poor family used to go out collecting nettles for the mother to make nettle soup for them all to eat.........as usual all the other kids took the micky out of them, but i see them now we are grown up and they all have full heads of thich black hair and dont look much different to when they were kids...........so it must do something for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:13 am

So thats the secret to good head of hair then lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:13 am

lol! lol! I know i should have eaten my greens lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:43 pm

well i wish ide have known then that nettle soup stopped your hair falling out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feeding greens.....   feeding greens..... Empty

Back to top Go down

feeding greens.....
Page 1 of 1