Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Geerinckx pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Geerinckx pigeons Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
Geerinckx pigeons Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Geerinckx pigeons Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Geerinckx pigeons Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Geerinckx pigeons Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Geerinckx pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Geerinckx pigeons Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Geerinckx pigeons Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Geerinckx pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 53 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 53 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Geerinckx pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Geerinckx pigeons Vote_lcapGeerinckx pigeons Voting_barGeerinckx pigeons Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Geerinckx pigeons Vote_lcapGeerinckx pigeons Voting_barGeerinckx pigeons Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Geerinckx pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Geerinckx pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Geerinckx pigeons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 10:34 am

Does anyone have any or know anything about the family of pigeons Geerinckx.

I don't want to buy any right now, I have a couple and just find out a bit more about this particular breed of pigeons.

Please reply if you can help.

Thanks
Phil (blueskylofts)
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:40 am

Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 1:52 pm

David wrote:
is this the same man on face book phil...?

https://www.facebook.com/bartgeerinckxpigeons

premier stud sell them;

http://212.47.245.6/pp/geerinckx.html

some info here on pipa;

http://www.pipa.be/en/newsandarticles/reports/luc-bart-jurgen-geerinckx-wommelgem-be-their-pigeons-also-form-basis-numerou

Thanks David,

I got my birds directly from Bart and I know Derek at Primer Stud. But thanks anyway.

I wanted to know a bit more about the characteristics of this breed of bird. the one I have a a bit different to any other pigeon I have ever had. They are without doubt 'Individuals'.

Cheers
Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:46 pm

this blood is in the gevaerts my m8 had but he got rid after ybs did nowt but last week he was 26th combine with one
of the yearlings ...daft sod never gave um chance Rolling Eyes andy gregson doing well with same lines
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:57 pm

oldstrain wrote:
this blood is in the gevaerts my m8 had but he got rid after ybs did nowt but last week he was 26th combine with one
of the yearlings ...daft sod never gave um chance Rolling Eyes andy gregson doing well with same lines

Yes oldstrain - the Geerinckx family are renowned as 'Late Developers'. I was talking to the boss of Premier Stud yesterday and he was telling me that his very best birds in the last few longer races were Geerincks.

But they did NOTHING as young birds. They are on the larger side, but very powerful, they don't need a lot to eat to keep them in top condition and are magnificent at the longer races, when they really come into their own.

I have only one breeding pair, but have more booked for the end of the year.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:32 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Yes oldstrain - the Geerinckx family are renowned as 'Late Developers'.  I was talking to the boss of Premier Stud yesterday and he was telling me that his very best birds in the last few longer races were Geerincks.  

But they did NOTHING as young birds.  They are on the larger side, but very powerful, they don't need a lot to eat to keep them in top condition and are magnificent at the longer races, when they really come into their own.

Phil

Phil the main blood is Jos Soontjens pigeons mate
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 5:40 am

Don Webb wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Yes oldstrain - the Geerinckx family are renowned as 'Late Developers'.  I was talking to the boss of Premier Stud yesterday and he was telling me that his very best birds in the last few longer races were Geerincks.  

But they did NOTHING as young birds.  They are on the larger side, but very powerful, they don't need a lot to eat to keep them in top condition and are magnificent at the longer races, when they really come into their own.

Phil

And do you know anything about those?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 8:54 am

are soontjen pigeons janssen based...?
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 9:48 am

David wrote:

I don't know but I hope not!
Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 10:06 am

blueskylofts wrote:
David wrote:

Phil

why do you hope not phil
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 10:16 am

oldstrain wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
David wrote:

Phil

why do you hope not phil

Because I think Janssen pigeons have had their day.

I know a lot of people will disagree - so don't bother telling me so. I just know that there are a lot better racing pigeons breeds, around the world at this time.

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 10:22 am

I think the janssen blood runs through many "modern day" fashionable breeds we have today, probably hard pushed to find pigeons who arnt janssen based somewhere along the line.........
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 11:50 am

Jannsssens also brought in crosses. Strain names mean nothing.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:21 pm

yes they certainly did hal, like all "breeds" / "blood lines" they originated from some other fancier, and as soon as it went into the new owners loft, it took their name....
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:26 pm

David wrote:
I think the janssen blood runs through many "modern day" fashionable breeds we have today, probably hard pushed to find pigeons who arnt janssen based somewhere along the line.........

I think you are right David - there are very few breeds/strains of pigeon these days , that do not have a whole host of bloodlines in them.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:30 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
David wrote:

Phil

why do you hope not phil

Because I think Janssen pigeons have had their day.

I know a lot of people will disagree - so don't bother telling me so.  I just know that there are a lot better racing pigeons breeds, around the world at this time.

Phil

the frans zwols seem to be doing well in the uk a good all round family
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:49 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Phil

And do you know anything about those?

Luc Geerinckx was Jos Soontjens apprentice and were Bart Geerinckx lives is in the same street as were Jos lived as a matter of fact Bart lives about for houses from were Jos's house was they both always swapped pigeons

Jos always raced at sprint and Bart used a cross into the sootjens to get them to race out to middle distance

The Racing Pigeon advertised a film of the Geerinckx family which was narrated by Dave Allen and yes I have seen the film and the Herbot Brothers
brought the soontjen family according to Dave Allen on the film

Hope this helps you Phil
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Forgo to say that Jos Soontjen also flew in partnership with Staf Van Reet for one season so the van reets have soontjen blood in them

Plus the Jan Gonderlars pigeons had Staf van Reet running through them also
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:56 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
David wrote:

I think you are right David - there are very few breeds/strains of pigeon these days , that do not have a whole host of bloodlines in them.

To be honest Phil you'll find it hard not to find Janssen blood in any family of today but everything in belguim is a Hienz variety 57 as they are only interested in performance pigeons not the pedigree study study
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 5:52 pm

I think staf van reets have janssen blood in them too, if im not mistaken don.....
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 4:52 am

Don Webb wrote:
Forgo to say that Jos Soontjen also flew in partnership with Staf Van Reet for one season so the van reets have soontjen blood in them

Plus the Jan Gonderlars pigeons had Staf van Reet running through them also

Very helpful Dan,

However all that does not tell me anything about the character of the strain. The ones I have are very different to any other pigeons I have ever had.

For example:-
They seem to prefer being on their own.
When they fly with the kit, thy are always either in the lead or off to the side somewhere
They are slow to come and eat
They don't need to eat as much as the others, yet still grow and develop very quickly
They are quite large birds - I only have one breeding pair, the cock is quite big, but not overly big and the hen is small, but they have thrown large youngsters up to now, and ALL the babies I have, all have the same weird ways about them

All in all, they are just a bit different. I am trusting they will adjust to my system in due course.

Cheers
Phil
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 11:10 am

Phil that is what Belgium fanciers at sprint to middle distance level want individual pigeons that get out in front and stay in front

Belgium fanciers don't want pigeons that follow the leaders and are of the pace that the reason why they are different because that's

what's breed into them and that's there characteristics

You look at all your champion pigeons they don't follow others they make there own way as they know what they are doing or what is expected of them

and yes they are a little on the big side which I have noticed about this breed but the ones I have handled are light in the hand so they are not carrying much weight

Compared to having large pigeons that carry weight

Hope this helps you Phil
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Phil that is what Belgium fanciers at sprint to middle distance level want individual pigeons  that get out in front and stay in front

Belgium fanciers don't want pigeons that follow the leaders and are of the pace that the reason why they are different because that's

You look at all your champion pigeons they don't follow others they make there own way as they know what they are doing or what is expected of them

and yes they are a little on the big side which I have noticed about this breed but the ones I have handled are light in the hand so they are not carrying much weight

Hope this helps you Phil

Thank you so much Don,

I have always said "there are two types of racing pigeon, Leaders and Followers" I want a loft full of the Former!

Birds that Lead from the front. I used to have quite a few, until I moved to France and the crazy French shot them all. That was 15 years ago. I am now back in the UK, trying to build myself a new family.

And yes, you are right about the Geerinckx birds, they tend to be a bit bigger, but as you said, light in the hand.

Thanks for your input.

Have a great week.

Phil

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 9:42 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
Phil that is what Belgium fanciers at sprint to middle distance level want individual pigeons  that get out in front and stay in front

Hope this helps you Phil

Thank you so much Don,

I have always said "there are two types of racing pigeon, Leaders and Followers" I want a loft full of the Former!

Birds that Lead from the front.  I used to have quite a few, until I moved to France and the crazy French shot them all.  That was 15 years ago.  I am now back in the UK, trying to build myself a new family.

And yes, you are right about the Geerinckx birds, they tend to be a bit bigger, but as you said, light in the hand.

Thanks for your input.

Have a great week.

Phil

Just happy to help Phil but I Know Nothing mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Geerinckx pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geerinckx pigeons   Geerinckx pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

Geerinckx pigeons
Page 1 of 1