Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
matrix for the birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
matrix for the birds Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
matrix for the birds Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
matrix for the birds Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
matrix for the birds Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
matrix for the birds Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
matrix for the birds Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
matrix for the birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
matrix for the birds Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) matrix for the birds 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.matrix for the birds Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
matrix for the birds Vote_lcapmatrix for the birds Voting_barmatrix for the birds Vote_rcap 
David
matrix for the birds Vote_lcapmatrix for the birds Voting_barmatrix for the birds Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
matrix for the birds Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
matrix for the birds Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

matrix for the birds

Go down 
+3
johnnorm2
David
edgie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

matrix for the birds Empty
PostSubject: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 8:36 pm

who uses it , I make my own far far cheaper
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 9:12 am

I used to use matrix, but it`s quite expensive really, so I started using something similar, cant remember the name off hand , but its virtually the same but cheaper...some Belgium stuff, and I give it every day with extra pink minerals and black minerals...
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 9:25 am

I buy a tub of matrix and mixes it with a 20kg bag of grit and i add abit more red minerals to it. Birds seem to like it. Allso versa laga do a matrix type tub think its around 7 pound. I all so put some of that down for them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 9:27 am

I add the versa laga pink minerals to it, its the best one ive used...its very fine and soft and sticks nicely to corn etc, plus it doesn't seem to go damp.
Back to top Go down
johnnorm2
Hatchling
Hatchling
johnnorm2

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 9:34 am

I use that one aswell david. The birds love it. I put black and pink in there. I think they love the black minerals more as they allways go for that one first
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 10:07 am

versa laga all in one with added grit and minerals. sundays I give plenty clayblock and conditioner and baths birds are always lined up waiting for me in the mornings for their daily treat maybe one of them has a rolex Razz lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 11:29 am

I also use Matrix, I bought a big yellow tub of the stuff at the beginning of the season and you can hardly tell it has been used.  I also bought a white tub of Columbine All-in-One at the same time.  

I mix both lots of grits together 50-50 and sprinkle a little bit at the bottom of the food troughs.  The birds pick up what they need and when it has all gone, I replace it - easy-peasy!

Maybe it is quite expensive to buy a 4 or 5 kg tub, but the tubs last for ages.

My birds really love the stuff.  It is almost like a 'cat nip' to them.

I also have a pink powder called Vitamineral that Edgie put me on to.  To be honest with you, I don't really know how to use it.  At the moment I am just sprinkling a little bit of that in the bottom of the food troughs also.  I think it is far too rich to put it on their corn but I am open to suggestions.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
edgie
Youngbird
Youngbird
edgie

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 11:39 am

I mix 1 clay block crushed to 8 oz vita mineral plus 96 oz red grit mix it well give every other day, but when feeding young birds in nest every day hope this helps ( 20 birds 4 oz )
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 11:39 am

pink minerals on the corn once a week would be fine phil just moisten corn with a bit of wheat germ oil or lemon juice
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 11:45 am

Thanks for the info guys.  Most helpful!

Phil
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 8:53 pm

stuff I use is called de patagoon, or something like that.....think its around 20kg tub which is twice the size of matrix and is £14.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 10:16 am

David wrote:
stuff I use is called de patagoon, or something like that.....think its around 20kg tub which is twice the size of matrix and is £14.
Hi everyone

This is the best I can find on the internet:- 

Follow this link - 
https://www.ornibird.com/en/de-patagoon/1338-multi-mix-10kg-de-patagoon.html

It does not seem anywhere as good a deal as you mentioned!

Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 1:09 pm

best I have used is the beyers one but by Christ you have to pay for it its nearly £10 for 5 killo columbine all in one is £15 for 10 kilo so quite a saving
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 3:46 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
David wrote:
Hi everyone

Follow this link - 

Phil

no it wont be phil, this website you quote doesn't look like one that caters mainly for the pigeon fancier.....the corn shop I buy from is a lot cheaper, I think its a 20kg for £14.45 or £14.95, something like that, but under £15
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 5:16 pm

David wrote:
blueskylofts wrote:
David wrote:
Hi everyone

Follow this link - 

Phil

no it wont be phil, this website you quote doesn't look like one that caters mainly for the pigeon fancier.....the corn shop I buy from is a lot cheaper, I think its a 20kg for £14.45 or £14.95, something like that, but under £15
Thanks David
Phil
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 5:23 pm

is that the one with soya beans in david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 5:39 pm

yes it is Darren, its also got some sort of pellets in too...
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 5:43 pm

yeah that's p40 pellets david ...its a good product cant get it anywhere around here though
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 8:11 pm

I could send you some Darren, but by the time we paid postage it probably wouldn't be worth doing... lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 8:35 pm

yes postage puts an end to that eh Laughing
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:36 am

I make my own version and it has every thing in it and its a lot cheaper not point wasting money sean
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 10:00 am

seanl wrote:
I make my own version  and it has every thing in it  and its a lot cheaper  not point wasting money     sean
Can we have the recipe Sean.

Phil
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 10:08 am

Never used matrix always use normal grit and pink minerals once tried some Belgian stuff in a bucket could have been De,Patoogen something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: matrix for the birds   matrix for the birds Empty

Back to top Go down

matrix for the birds
Page 1 of 1