Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Weather today
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How to Prepare Babies for one loft race 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 51 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 50 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Resise10
Top posting users this week
No user
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Vote_lcapHow to Prepare Babies for one loft race Voting_barHow to Prepare Babies for one loft race Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Vote_lcapHow to Prepare Babies for one loft race Voting_barHow to Prepare Babies for one loft race Vote_rcap 
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How to Prepare Babies for one loft race

Go down 
+3
peel bros
Knackered
kremesloft
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kremesloft
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
kremesloft

How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Empty
PostSubject: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 6:03 am

helo everybody , any info on how to prepare babies to send them for One loft race? any special treatment after weaning them from their parent?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 8:36 am

kremesloft wrote:
helo everybody , any info on how to prepare babies to send them for One loft race? any special treatment after weaning them from their parent?
Pick the best you have etc & if reared right as such I see no serious concerns that you should have. Now !!!, laugh laugh I take it your talking local & not something like the South African race. Cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 8:41 am

Yes that's all you can do ,treat them no different to the ones you are keeping..as I have said before every bird in our lofts should have the potential to win.so why treat other s any different to ones you are keeping to race yourself
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 8:47 am

its the one lloft manager who has the nightmares ...i cant think of a worse situation with so many birds from so many different lofts theirs bound to be health issues some serious to ...the losses are huge most are a disaster i really don't like them jmo good luck
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:00 am

oldstrain wrote:
its the one lloft manager who has the nightmares ...i cant think of a worse situation with so many birds from so many different lofts theirs bound to be health issues some serious to ...the losses are huge most are a disaster i really don't like them jmo good luck
Couldn't agree more O/S etc. From my perspective, it's living the dream for many in winning the big prizes on offer in many cases which over rides the welfare of the birds in the long run sadly. Cheers
Back to top Go down
kremesloft
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
kremesloft

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 am

peel bros wrote:
Yes that's all you can do ,treat them no different to the ones you are keeping..as I have said before every bird in our lofts should have the potential to win.so why treat other s any different to ones you are keeping to race yourself

I plan to entered two pigeons to pattaya one loft race,ok I will treat same as other and pick the most healthy. thanks for your advice Smile
Back to top Go down
kremesloft
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
kremesloft

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 am

Knackered wrote:
kremesloft wrote:
Pick the best you have etc & if reared right as such I see no serious concerns that you should have. Now !!!, laugh laugh I take it your talking local & not something like the South African race. Cheers

thanks...
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:04 pm

Pick from a family of good trappers, I have a young hen that when I trained last year, out of 14 times that I trained, they all came home together, the little hen entered the loft first on 10 or 11 occasions.
so I would breed from her or her parents.
You may be in a 1 bird race when 300 pigeons land together, all very well bred pigeons, I would want the one that goes in 1st.
Good luck.
Keep us updated how you get on.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Boosey wrote:
Pick from a family of good trappers, I have a young hen that when I trained last year, out of 14 times that I trained, they all came home together, the little hen entered the loft first on 10 or 11 occasions.
You may be in a 1 bird race when 300 pigeons land together, all very well bred pigeons, I would want the one that goes in 1st.
Good luck.
Good point Boosey, something many would not consider I suspect. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
kremesloft
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
kremesloft

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 5:02 am

Boosey wrote:
Good luck.

"Pick from a family of good trappers" briliant idea.. thank you boosey
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 1:47 pm

The ones with natural immunity seem to do very well. They fight off the bugs that affect a lot of young birds. Less eds the better. Bacteria is beneficial!!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4367209/
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Boosey wrote:
Good luck.

yes I agree with other members boosey, a good point and one we don't normally think of.......... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Prepare Babies for one loft race   How to Prepare Babies for one loft race Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Prepare Babies for one loft race
Page 1 of 1