Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Young bird sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Young bird sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:13 pm

» Good Morning
Young bird sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:15 pm

» escaped birds return
Young bird sickness Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
Young bird sickness Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Young bird sickness Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Young bird sickness Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Young bird sickness Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Young bird sickness Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Young bird sickness 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 66 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 66 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Young bird sickness Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Young bird sickness Vote_lcapYoung bird sickness Voting_barYoung bird sickness Vote_rcap 
David
Young bird sickness Vote_lcapYoung bird sickness Voting_barYoung bird sickness Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222679 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Young bird sickness Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Young bird sickness Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Young bird sickness

Go down 
+4
Knackered
markevans
David
Boosey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Young bird sickness Empty
PostSubject: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Youngens have only been away a couple of weeks, and had the first one go down hill, it didn't come down for its food then next day it sicked up what was in its crop.
I didn't treat it straight away as I wanted the others to get it mildly.
The next day a few of them were hunched up on their perches with wet droppings dark green to brown in colour.

Treatment.
Double dose of RopaB added to the drinker, then just top it up for 4 days as long as it's clean.
1st day, I put a teaspoon of water on their food then mix in a quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon. Then for the next 3 days half the amount of cinnamon.
They were bouncing when I got home from work tonight, all over me for their feed, and droppings back to hard little marbles.
I experimented last year with normal strength Ropa b and it didn't shift it until I doubled the strength, and added the cinnamon, that's 2 years on the trot it's worked now so I thought I'd share it.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 8:30 pm

thanks for sharing boosey, I`m  sure our other members will appreciate the info too.....glad to hear your birds are back to good health again cheers
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Well done boosey for sharing that with us its information like that can make all the difference in saving our young birds or losing them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 pm

yes your right mark, sometimes reaching for the antibiotics too soon gets you in more trouble..........I know through personal experience a few years ago........ Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Yep its easy to panic and go for the antibiotics but you need to stay calm and see how they go over 24 hours if no change or they seem to be worse then treat
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 9:09 pm

I had yb sickness about 6 years ago, only time ive ever had it........i gave them nifuramycin for a week, it cleared it up ok and ive never had it since, although ive not raced if that's anything to do with it Question Question
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Boosey wrote:
Youngens have only been away a couple of weeks, and had the first one go down hill, it didn't come down for its food then next day it sicked up what was in its crop.
I didn't treat it straight away as I wanted the others to get it mildly.
The next day a few of them were hunched up on their perches with wet droppings dark green to brown in colour.

Treatment.
Double dose of RopaB added to the drinker, then just top it up for 4 days as long as it's clean.
1st day, I put a teaspoon of water on their food then mix in a quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon. Then for the next 3 days half the amount of cinnamon.
They were bouncing when I got home from work tonight, all over me for their feed, and droppings back to hard little marbles.
I experimented last year with normal strength Ropa b and it didn't shift it until I doubled the strength, and added the cinnamon, that's 2 years on the trot it's worked now so I thought I'd share it.
Excellent post Boosey Smile Smile by stepping outside of the square so to speak Wink Wink it appears you have taken a large step foreward etc. So well done on your effort & I'm quite sure some here will benefit from your experience/tale. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 11:28 pm

well done steve ...a good 2 pronged attack of oregano and cinnamon both good natural products
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 6:29 am

After the four days I put dioralites in the water. So they hopefully don't get any secondary problems
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 10:23 am

I had one yb bad but we sorted that out ..treated the rest
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Great little tip Steve, I am going to take that on board and add it to my general notes on all things pigeon.

Just to clarify you said a quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon, presumably cinnamon powder, and that added to what amount of food would you estimate?

Also, how much Dioralyte to how much water please?

phingers Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Added cinnamon to 500ml mark on measuring jug of food, and I use half a packet of dioralite to a 1.5 litre drinker after the 4 day course.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness EmptySat Apr 22, 2017 10:11 am

Great post Steve natural things everytime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young bird sickness   Young bird sickness Empty

Back to top Go down

Young bird sickness
Page 1 of 1