Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:38 pm

» Weather today
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 78 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 77 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Vote_lcapRacing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Voting_barRacing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Vote_lcapRacing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Voting_barRacing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222741 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Racing at the weekend - 20th May

Go down 
+6
halcanada
markevans
David
redrog
oldstrain
blueskylofts
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:23 pm

blueskylofts wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
well done phil and hil and hal atb rog...we had one back this afternoon hawked too,god knows hows its made it with the flights and tail it has left , must have roof hopped home Shocked

What a big shame Darren.

Is its skin damaged at all?  What are you going to do with the bird?

Phil

plenty blood where the flights were pulled out and slight damage at base of flights but she will make a full recovery but finished for the season looks like the bird has escaped the grasp of a falcon ...lucky girl
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:25 pm

halcanada wrote:
Won it by seconds. Will not know about Fed for a week. Just 140 birds sent from the club all but mine widowhood. Good bunch of guys.. Because I have to drive for an hour to get there they suggested I read my own tape and email the results in. Take the tape in the following week. Saves me a lot of gas and time!

excellent result hal well done ...what a great bunch of guys
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:29 pm

2nd and 3rd club beat by 3 yards for 1st must try harder next week
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySat May 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Lol, still a great result Mark
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 1:34 am

Yes it is! Good result! At least you know your birds are competitive. That is the number one priority. Tweek here and there and who knows?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 2:08 am

halcanada wrote:
Won it by seconds. Will not know about Fed for a week. Just 140 birds sent from the club all but mine widowhood. Good bunch of guys.. Because I have to drive for an hour to get there they suggested I read my own tape and email the results in. Take the tape in the following week. Saves me a lot of gas and time!
Common sense factor being displayed I would say Hal etc in your situation. Not for the purist types I would suggest Wink Wink but from my experience here  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes some of them live in a fantasy type world, long gone unfortunately. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 2:13 am

markevans wrote:
Nice result Smile Smile. One pea less a day etc Mark Wink Wink could be the way to go there.
Back to top Go down
redrog
Youngbird
Youngbird
redrog

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 8:21 am

well done hal & mark good results there
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 10:47 am

markevans wrote:

well done mark
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 11:26 am

Great result Mark.

Phil
Back to top Go down
http://www.philongold.net
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 7:26 pm

A good win their hal for you and that's kind of them letting you e-mail your result in to them that's forward thinning of um
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 8:02 pm

2nd club last weekend as well beat by 2 yards that time by the same partnership just seen on the midlands national flying club that they are 2nd section 27 open
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptySun May 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Well done everyone.

We were 2nd Club as well this weekend.

Phil
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptyMon May 22, 2017 1:54 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Well done everyone.

We were 2nd Club as well this weekend.

Phil
Nice one Phil Smile Smile. Appears some nice results all up by our forum members at the week end etc. Slightly better than Rossi Wink Wink I see, when he crashed on the last lap there Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  in froggy land.
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2017 1:37 am

Congratulations .
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2017 1:58 am

Nice results here. Overall not so good. Sent 14 cocks and 6 hens. Just after 1 pm weather closed in. Clocked 5 and 3 more made it back that day. Thunderstorms. High winds. Sunday same but rained all day. 2 made it through on the Sunday. Today weather cleared a little. 4 more today. Mud on the bands. 6 missing. Oh well they have to earn their perch for the winter. All young and eggs in the nests disposed of. 205 and 250 coming up this weekend. Last weeks ( May 13th) 115 and 150 birds all go to 250. Week after a 250 and 320. May 20th birds go there. Week after a 400. Then pick and choose scenario. All back first race. Missing 6 now. Getting down to numbers I like. Tomorrow to the feed store. Dove mix for all remainder of week. Still basically open loft. Do not intend to train any more. Right or wrong, need leaders not followers and this is the only way I know how to do it.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2017 2:20 am

halcanada wrote:
Nice results here. Overall not so good. Sent 14 cocks and 6 hens. Just after 1 pm weather closed in. Clocked 5 and 3 more made it back that day. Thunderstorms. High winds. Sunday same but rained all day. 2 made it through on the Sunday. Today weather cleared a little. 4 more today. Mud on the bands. 6 missing. Oh well they have to earn their perch for the winter. All young and eggs in the nests disposed of. 205 and 250 coming up this weekend. Last weeks ( May 13th) 115 and 150 birds all go to 250. Week after a 250 and 320. May 20th birds go there. Week after a 400. Then pick and choose scenario. All back first race. Missing 6 now. Getting down to numbers I like. Tomorrow to the feed store. Dove mix for all remainder of week. Still basically open loft. Do not intend to train any more. Right or wrong, need leaders not followers and this is the only way I know how to do it.
Right or wrong "who really knows" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes.Your the one sitting on your little plot their Hal Smile Smile from my perspective etc Wink Wink so it's your call in what & how you do things I would suggest Smile Smile.
Back to top Go down
blueskylofts
Youngbird
Youngbird
blueskylofts

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2017 5:50 am

Hal - I don't know whether to commiserate or to say - "that is pigeon racing".

It sounds as if you have plenty of birds to play with.

By the way - what does your club charge to send a bird to a race?

Phil
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptyTue May 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Yes Phil, plenty of birds. Cheap to ship weekly. 75 cents a bird. Too many birds so trying to find a few extra special birds. If I can find 6 to 10 good ones the remainder will be culled. Cocks and hens can ship 40 plus a week. A dozen good birds are easier to keep and feed than 40 plus. Always looking for the elusive few crackerjacks. By the way, my apologies. Did not win last week after all. Results were out today. 3rd. It was a blow home race. Tougher this weekend according to the weather forecast. Still, stick to my plan. 250 miles. Miss the 205. I lose half then no big deal. Not something I worry about. These birds are not pampered or medicated. As knackered says, it is my choice as to the management. Next year maybe one loft races, thinking on it.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 EmptyWed May 24, 2017 12:03 am

blueskylofts wrote:
Hal - I don't know whether to commiserate or to say - "that is pigeon racing".

It sounds as if you have plenty of birds to play with.

By the way - what does your club charge to send a bird to a race?

Phil
No commiseration required I suspect Phil Smile Smile Differant strokes for differant folks Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes etc. The perfect number is a a fantasy from my perspective, because many factors play a part in this sport of ours one could suggest Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racing at the weekend - 20th May   Racing at the weekend - 20th May - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing at the weekend - 20th May
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2