Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Eye sign schooling Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
Eye sign schooling Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Eye sign schooling Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Eye sign schooling Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Eye sign schooling Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Eye sign schooling Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
Eye sign schooling Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
Eye sign schooling Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
Eye sign schooling Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Eye sign schooling 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 93 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Eye sign schooling Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Eye sign schooling Vote_lcapEye sign schooling Voting_barEye sign schooling Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Eye sign schooling Vote_lcapEye sign schooling Voting_barEye sign schooling Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Eye sign schooling Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Eye sign schooling Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Eye sign schooling

Go down 
+3
fieldwalker
David
Romedius
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 1:40 pm

I've looked for months on the Web for a tutorial on eye sign. I can find a thing. Having no one to take me to school so to speak....Does anybody have a link for beginners? I'm not worried about my ignorancem but would like to learn a bit on the subject. ( winter reading)
Should I just forget about the subject, because I live apart from other racers?
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 1:42 pm

I did read through the forums archives BEFORE I asked.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 2:35 pm

links at top of page for jack barkel, but not sure its there anymore.......take a look at this below rom, might be of interest to you.

Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 2:38 pm

I'll watch it this evening David. Heading out the door in a minute. Thanks for putting that up!
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 6:00 pm

Jacks are still there just looked
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi Rom before Jack passed away i was privlidged to be on Jacks private email group this gentleman was full of knowledge not only on eye sign but everything else to do with pigeons i learnt i alot from Jack
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Maybe our Judges could post one eye a week and explain to us what they look for in that eye it doesn't have to be one of their birds just a photo of a eye with information on it this would be a weekly thing something to look forward to each week if they have the time
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 8:10 pm

yes mark, that would be a good idea, might be hard getting someone to do it though.... scratch scratch study

flower sunny flower sunny flower sunny
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 pm

May be chuda or Don would post one each week one the one week then one the other if they have the time
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 8:17 pm

ive a box full of old pictorials, dating from the 70`s - 80`s, a lot of eye sign articles in them, I think a fancier called belding did some of them.......I might dig them out in future and post parts of it on the forum if we cant get an eye sign member to do it.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 8:21 pm

That would be great dave to have some one on hand to talk us through the evaluation of the eye
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 8:32 pm

its an option mark, lets see what happens first ..... lol!
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 9:02 pm

Think Jack Curtis did some but not sure if it was the pic or the gazette...

Wall Lunt and Green slideshow on youtube is good plus everyone knows their performances,
abit quick though bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Darn gentlemen! I believe learning eye sign won't happen over night! scratch scratch
That was absolutely the best explanation that I've seen. Thanks for posting that. I'll have to get a loupe. My eyes aren't what they were. Needless to say I will have to watch that video a few million times lol! very interesting.
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:42 am

Rom. My opinion of eye sign. It is an indicator is all. Many good eye sign birds fail. To breed or race well. Now here is the interesting part. I have some reds that race good. The better ones have a yellow eye. Many have pearl eyes. Occasionally a pearl eye will win. But take note..that is just my familyof birds. Breed performers to performers. Every family is different. There is no magic bullet. Eyesign is an indicator of could be or maybe. Race your birds hard. What is left then evaluate the eyes. After the fact. They have proven something. Keepers not hopefulls.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:57 am

Im an eye enthuisist i wouldnt say eye sign thats abit misleading and if you need an eye glass i beleive its not a strong enough eye or your short sighted...
Saying that i know its only any good if the pigeon is healthy and in good race condition..
Heart lungs wing and muscles all have there part to play...
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 1:03 am

Looked at eyes through a loupe for many years. But I am not the brightest bulb on the Xmas tree. Too much work for not good results.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 1:16 am

I think you can pick them at a glance...the best ones....you cant pick a winner...a one off winner...but you can a multi performer...anything can pop up once or be a yb winner through luck or keeness
In the 90s i had a bwc yb had 1st club 1st fed 82m appox 2500 birds 1st club 1st fed the second week then 3rd club 11th fed the next...it was crap but a keen yb...never done another thing...went in the bin after its yearling season
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 1:28 am

It is all a matter of degree. Preferences. Now, going by its performance you electd to cull it after its yearling year. It had already shown you it could perform. It had the drive and motivation. Needed a rest following seaon. Have had similar. Bred off them and most do good. The young birds. Some wipe out. But some very good young also come out of them.
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 1:31 am

You didnt have to wait for it every week as a yearling lol
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 am

Understand.
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 2:30 am

halcanada wrote:
Rom. My opinion of eye sign. It is an indicator is all. Many good eye sign birds fail. To breed or race well. Now here is the interesting part. I have some reds that race good. The better ones have a yellow eye. Many have pearl eyes. Occasionally a pearl eye will win. But take note..that is just my familyof birds. Breed performers to performers. Every family is different. There is no magic bullet. Eyesign is an indicator of could be or maybe. Race your birds hard. What is left then evaluate the eyes. After the fact. They have proven something. Keepers not hopefulls.
Thanks Hal. I just find it interesting. I'm the sort of guy that will unfortunately only keep the birds who come home fast. I still can't sex a chick, though I still keep trying. I know what your getting at.
Back to top Go down
Romedius
Hatchling
Hatchling
Romedius

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 2:33 am

fieldwalker wrote:
Im an eye enthuisist i wouldnt say eye sign thats abit misleading and if you need an eye glass i beleive its not a strong enough eye or your short sighted...
Saying that i know its only any good if the pigeon is healthy and in good race condition..
Heart lungs wing and muscles all have there part to play...

We have our annual club meeting Saturday. I'm going to see if some one can show me there. And yes. I AM a little near sighted lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 4:39 am

Im short sighted ok reading but 10 or so yards i cant read a number plate on a car unless i wear glasses...which i hardly do
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 am

friendsloft wrote:
Hi Rom before Jack passed away i was privlidged to be on Jacks private email group this gentleman was full of knowledge not only on eye sign but everything else to do with pigeons i learnt i alot from Jack
Ken
Ken Smile Smile not that I was on his favourite list as such Wink Wink But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! still remember an email he sent bounce bounce had the bite of a angry bulldog to it etc Wink Wink Smile Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eye sign schooling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye sign schooling   Eye sign schooling Empty

Back to top Go down

Eye sign schooling
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next