Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
presentation night - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:35 am

» Scandalous .......
presentation night - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
presentation night - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
presentation night - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
presentation night - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
presentation night - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
presentation night - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Morgan's new job
presentation night - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:43 pm

» Another find
presentation night - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:14 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) presentation night - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 98 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 96 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.presentation night - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
presentation night - Page 2 Vote_lcappresentation night - Page 2 Voting_barpresentation night - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
presentation night - Page 2 Vote_lcappresentation night - Page 2 Voting_barpresentation night - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222577 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
presentation night - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
presentation night - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

presentation night

Go down 
+4
markevans
David
fieldwalker
oldstrain
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

presentation night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 7:18 pm

markevans wrote:
A good display of trophies their Darren not many clubs bother these days

best one was a little 3 inch silver cup from 1926 for the thurso winner ...yes not many bother these days mark ,it was great to see a lot of children attend to a real affair for the families Very Happy Alfie is the only one who goes down the club though on basket and clocks
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 7:23 pm

That's a shame we need more youngsters at Alfie's age to go to the clubs on weekends or they will never become interested in pigeons at all need to start them early their our future if its going to carry on
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 7:31 pm

oldstrain wrote:
markevans wrote:
A good display of trophies their Darren not many clubs bother these days

best one was a little 3 inch silver cup from 1926 for the thurso winner ...yes not many bother these days mark ,it was great to see a lot of children attend to a real affair for the families Very Happy Alfie is the only one who goes down the club though on basket and clocks

wont be long before Alfie is learning to set the clocks darren........ cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 7:31 pm

yeah sure do mark I am going to take a few of alfies school friends at different times this year ...already booked in for a talk and pigeon release at his school in spring...also tried to get 2 ybs in the rpra one loft for his school but all booked out ,will be on the ball next year with it
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Read in the homing world about the one loft race who dares wins don't now anything about it but might be one to look at next year
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 7:40 pm

oldstrain wrote:
yeah sure do mark I am going to take a few of alfies school friends at different times this year ...already booked in for a talk and pigeon release at his school in spring...also tried to get 2 ybs in the rpra one loft for his school but all booked out ,will be on the ball next year with it
All good stuff O/S Smile Smile I suggest. We have here at times invited the local scouts & girl guides down on basket night at times to try & get the young brigade interested in our feathered friends as such. Desperate times  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad I'm  affraid require desperate type measures etc. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 7:48 pm

markevans wrote:
Read in the homing world about the one loft race who dares wins don't now anything about it but might be one to look at next year

funny you should mention it mark, the friend who hal was asking about last week messaged me the other day telling me about the who dares wins one loft, sounds pretty decent..........
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 am

well speaking my mind here,i think the midlands one loft has started abysmally ...having asked a few questions on their facebook page and got no answers apart from the guy has a severe chest infection who is running the show so cant give any details...what is he doing running a one loft with issues for a start also I am amazed such a project has a 6 week arrival period with all the issues that could bring ,so I asked do they get vaccinated on arrival or weekly arrivals or one hit when all the arrivals are their"no answer"...don't think it went to well last year either if I remember correctly they had massive losses early on or was it a mass cull as they or any other one loft would not tell you if they had to cull for health issues else it could be a lynch mob wanting their money back lol! I think the who dares wins olr is much better organised unfortunately we had to enter this one to get in somewhere but next yr I would like to try the who dares wins olr jmo mind you but the midlands olr should have their protocol for vaccinating already sorted I did read they will have a weaning area but with so many arrivals I don't think it will make any difference they be best having a 2 week arrival period ffs its not the south Africa million dollar where their would be arrivals from all over the world so why a 6 week arrival period Suspect jmo atb
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 8:00 pm

oldstrain wrote:
well speaking my mind here,i think the midlands one loft has started abysmally ...having asked a few questions on their facebook page and got no answers apart from the guy has a severe chest infection who is running the show so cant give any details...what is he doing running a one loft with issues for a start also I am amazed such a project has a 6 week arrival period with all the issues that could bring ,so I asked do they get vaccinated on arrival or weekly arrivals or one hit when all the arrivals are their"no answer"...don't think it went to well last year either if I remember correctly they had massive losses early on or was it a mass cull as they or any other one loft would not tell you if they had to cull for health issues else it could be a lynch mob wanting their money back lol! I think the who dares wins olr is much better organised unfortunately we had to enter this one to get in somewhere but next yr I would like to try the who dares wins olr jmo mind you but the midlands olr should have their protocol for vaccinating already sorted I did read they will have a weaning area but with so many arrivals I don't think it will make any difference they be best having a 2 week arrival period ffs its not the south Africa million dollar where their would be arrivals from all over the world so why a 6 week arrival period Suspect jmo atb
Interesting thoughts O/S Wink Wink Had a quick look on their site there etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes not quite reached the heights of the SA race yet I suggest Smile Smile. Will be interesting when the final 2018 race list is posted for all to see & we all will get an idea here what the future holds as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
fieldwalker
Youngbird
Youngbird
fieldwalker

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 8:26 pm

i think they will have learned a lot of lessons from last year (would hope so).
not sure if i read somewhere that birds vax on arrival which would be easier scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 8:30 pm

i think if we had all had a choice, we probably wouldn`t have entered the mnfc, judging on past seasons reports.....but with us being refused at the rpra, we didn't have any choice, we had to get in somewhere, so that all marks work and efforts, and also the efforts of members, didn't go to waste....I think for the £25 each we paid, we will still get some enjoyment out of it, and we will get some idea of how good the mnfc one loft is for future reference ........next year hopefully we will be in time to enter the rpra, which would be my first choice.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 8:39 pm

David wrote:
i think if we had all had a choice, we probably wouldn`t have entered the mnfc, judging on past seasons reports.....but with us being refused at the rpra, we didn't have any choice, we had to get in somewhere, so that all marks work and efforts, and also the efforts of members, didn't go to waste....I think for the £25 each we paid, we will still get some enjoyment out of it, and we will get some idea of how good the mnfc one loft is for future reference ........next year hopefully we will be in time to enter the rpra, which would be my first choice.
I agree fully Smile Smile for 25 pound, through the hard work of Mark mainly etc the enjoyment factor shouldn't be to hard to find I suggest David, when we go racing together here as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 9:06 pm

yes knackeroo, £25 is a small price to pay for a bit of enjoyment through the racing season..... cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 12:57 am

Money paid, hope for the best. Our choice. No matter. K. Birds quarantined. Why? Birds vaccinated. Why? Sick birds will die anyway. Leave as is with meds. The best bird on the day will win! Health and natural immunity. All other factors are irrevelant
Side note. UK study. Humans. Super bugs. 20 years from now antibiotics will be worthless. No effect as bugs adapt. Build up and generate bugs to cope. Super bugs killed many in the UK and elswhere last year. Over use of medication. Sadly no one take snote.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 4:05 am

halcanada wrote:
Money paid, hope for the best. Our choice. No matter. K. Birds quarantined. Why? Birds vaccinated. Why? Sick birds will die anyway. Leave as is with meds. The best bird on the day will win! Health and natural immunity.  All other factors are irrevelant
Side note. UK study. Humans. Super bugs. 20 years from now antibiotics will be worthless. No effect as bugs adapt. Build up and generate bugs to cope. Super bugs killed many in the UK and elswhere last year. Over use of medication.  Sadly no one take snote.
Still remember hospitals in my early days here Hal Smile Smile every room had a window any one could open etc "Fresh air". These days go into a hospital here & you are lucky to find one window you could open as such any where I'm  affraid  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. The bad bug scenario Wink Wink must I suggest love the modern way of doing things now. All happy, happy happy Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: presentation night   presentation night - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

presentation night
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2