Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 107 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 106 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Vote_lcapYBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Voting_barYBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Vote_rcap 
David
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Vote_lcapYBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Voting_barYBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???

Go down 
+5
peel bros
halcanada
MISTY
Boosey
David
9 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Empty
PostSubject: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 5:54 pm

my young birds just don't want to fly, I think they are just been lazy.....or maybe ive been too soft with them ...? they do fly round in small numbers, but then land and mess about, they don't seem to want to go up in one bunch........... Suspect

I have noticed a few pairing up, I dare say this wont help.......... Suspect

should I force them up to fly ?

any thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 7:07 pm

I don’t know how many you’ve got David but I’ve found if you only have a few they don’t fly very well, the more you have the better they fly in my experience.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 8:24 pm

yes ive found that too steve, ive got 17 so they should be flying better than they are I would think......... Suspect scratch
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Having completely open loft never had the trouble, there was rarely a time when one batch was not flying a mixture of young and old at times.

If I had the problem I would keep them in for a couple of days and feed a bit more small seed and see how they did then.

I would have thought that any fit young bird would be up and away when let out after being fastened up for a long period.

If you have different aged young ones may be a problem.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 8:59 pm

32 C last few days. Thunderstorms etc,. Hotter the day higher they go. But still, must admit they have backed off time on the wing continuously.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 9:13 pm

We have 101 ybs which 94 are flying out , anyway the lazy ones will only do 25 to 30 minutes forced and we have some like today doing 65 unforced .but my ybs are all different ages which doesn't help at all , we will keep at it till all are doing 60 plus minutes and those that don't will soon be gone as we have enough to play with
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 9:28 pm

David wrote:
my young birds just don't want to fly, I think they are just been lazy.....or maybe ive been too soft with them ...? they do fly round in small numbers, but then land and mess about, they don't seem to want to go up in one bunch........... Suspect

I have noticed a few pairing up, I dare say this wont help.......... Suspect

should I force them up to fly ?

any thoughts ?
You're too soft Very Happy Very Happy,  bet they're spoilt rotten Laughing  hanging about for treats. Joking aside  maybe they need a bit encouragement David, without scaring the hell out of them. Nothing as drastic as a corn bag or flag, maybe just a tennis ball up and down, build them up to 20 mins and they should get going longer themselves.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 9:33 pm

had the same bother david as I have different age ybs so I forced mine up a few times some are up for near 2 hours now the younger ones about an hour and 2 had to go they were just playing silly buggers so now the messers are gone and a little gentle persuasion they are up and running
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 pm

I’ve got a block of flats about 20 yards from my back gate so if I scare them off my house roof they fly onto the flats.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 11:17 pm

That's no good lol
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 am

Boosey wrote:
I’ve got a block of flats about 20 yards from my back gate so if I scare them off my house roof they fly onto the flats.
I feel your frustration Boosey Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes My block of flats Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad are 100 foot plus gum trees over my loft etc. End of the day bounce bounce we have to make the best of what we have been dealt unfortunately I suggest. No reflection by me, but on  average Wink Wink if all blocks are in place with ones birds, one still should be able to get them flying for a reasonable amount of time Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 7:05 am

peel bros wrote:
That's no good lol
lol! lol! lol! spotted the bit of sympathy at the end their Ray Smile Smile "Magic" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes about what I would expect from a Geordie Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 7:46 am

Boosey wrote:

they will all pitch somewhere else if you keep sending the birds up ….trick is to do it just once or twice to get them going they readily fly for themselves now
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 8:31 am

well, truth of the matter is, I have a big weeping willow tree approx. 15ft away from my loft......the ybs fly straight out and sit on the tree, they then come and go to the tree ......... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed , flying round in small groups, then land again in the tree, then they come down to the loft and peck around on the grass, then back up to the tree until I call them in after being out an hour or so.... pale pale Embarassed Embarassed

so the tree is a big problem at the moment........ geek geek jocolor jocolor study
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 9:45 am

I once had a loft on Olivers Mount, an old wartime brick reinforced out looking post that overlooked the sea.

The young and old birds were always kept together, they were always fed out and not sent out hungry, they often flew for over eight hours over the sea just enjoying themselves, a hungry young bird will have one thing on it's mind and it will not be how long it is in the air.

Food for thought.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 5:15 pm

david I would keep them in until Monday and no feed the day before ,you have to get the control back the only way is through their bellys well ybs anyway....once coming in immediately after calling I think I would then start to train them but only from 1 mile initially in the hope they come out the baskets and do a bit of flying locally not for getting them to home 1 mile would be useless but it may get them flying atb
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 10:13 pm

I would also only feed young birds once a day to keep them in check, I’ve tried this year for the first time to feed a very light feed in the morning, they look and feel very good on it but they started to mess me about, so back to one feed.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 11:34 pm

David wrote:
well, truth of the matter is, I have a big weeping willow tree approx. 15ft away from my loft......the ybs fly straight out and sit on the tree, they then come and go to the tree ......... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed  , flying round in small groups, then land again in the tree, then they come down to the loft and peck around on the grass, then back up to the tree until I call them in after being out an hour or so.... pale pale Embarassed Embarassed

so the tree is a big problem at the moment........ geek geek jocolor jocolor study

David I know I'm going to have a bit off abuse for this comment, but If I was you I would scare them out the tree regardless off loses every time they went in the tree I would scare them out off it that would stop them affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 3:02 am

Don Webb wrote:
David wrote:
well, truth of the matter is, I have a big weeping willow tree approx. 15ft away from my loft......the ybs fly straight out and sit on the tree, they then come and go to the tree ......... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed  , flying round in small groups, then land again in the tree, then they come down to the loft and peck around on the grass, then back up to the tree until I call them in after being out an hour or so.... pale pale Embarassed Embarassed

David I know I'm going to have a bit off abuse for this comment, but If I was you I would scare them out the tree regardless off loses every time they went in the tree I would scare them out off it that would stop them affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Smile Smile Happy to bet my house Don Wink Wink no matter how one may try etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the tree will be the winner in the end as such Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad for Mr average. cheers
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 1:58 am

Mine again over two hours since the weather cooled off. One with foot dangling. It was out overnight. Many looking to mate up.
Sat and Sunday rain forecast both days. Have to race the old birds. Regardless. But will not know until tomorrow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???   YBS Not Flying........Lazy ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

YBS Not Flying........Lazy ???
Page 1 of 1