Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
racing this weekend - Page 4 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:02 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
racing this weekend - Page 4 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
racing this weekend - Page 4 Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
racing this weekend - Page 4 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
racing this weekend - Page 4 Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Morgan's new job
racing this weekend - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
racing this weekend - Page 4 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
racing this weekend - Page 4 Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
racing this weekend - Page 4 Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) racing this weekend - Page 4 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 110 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 109 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.racing this weekend - Page 4 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
racing this weekend - Page 4 Vote_lcapracing this weekend - Page 4 Voting_barracing this weekend - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
racing this weekend - Page 4 Vote_lcapracing this weekend - Page 4 Voting_barracing this weekend - Page 4 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222569 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
racing this weekend - Page 4 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
racing this weekend - Page 4 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

racing this weekend

Go down 
+10
johnnorm2
peel bros
MISTY
Boosey
halcanada
Knackered
Lofty
redrog
David
oldstrain
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

racing this weekend - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 11:54 am

MISTY wrote:
Beats me why fanciers only train in ideal conditions and then expect the pigeons to contend with the unexpected.

Some of the best fanciers I have known train in almost any weather.

Common sense being the deciding factor.

I never trained other the on the very odd occasion and that was to suit me and that was when the fed trained in their transporter, which was like a little race. or with a friend who trained the North Road birds. Complete open loft and there is no need to train.

Never actually raced many, most ever 20 and that was testing the young birds..

I would agree that to breed only a few when we are all aware that only a small minority of those bred are potential winners is a gamble but if you have an established family and know their peculiarities it is far easier than breeding hundreds from hopefuls  you have to feed and look after them all and a few you can know them as individuals

Catching them for racing, just shut the loft up the night before and with a handful of peanuts, they were easy prey, I never sent a pigeon to a race starving.

What I have always said, " Fanciers for several reasons have turned a very simple and easily participated in sport into a seemingly minefield that needs bottomless pocket and degrees in several sciences.

Sad so very, very, sad.

Regards.

Fear of loosing pigeons I would suggest Misty Wink Wink. End of the day, they loose them anyway on average Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Strange thing about pigeon flyers lol! lol! lol! I've found. They never appear to loose any bounce bounce but the numbers drop as the season gets longer Smile Smile & they always line up for the new seasons rings for some strange reason Smile Smile. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad have we been belted here again today Wink Wink blokes were near crying Smile Smile at the centre with the returns etc. Old fella thou, all Smile Smile Smile as such Wink Wink compared to most there. 2nd section (money, money money)  Smile  Smile  Smile 3rd centre & 1st club & nearly forgot lol! lol! lol! 22 Fed also etc on one total crap type of a day Smile Smile sadly. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 2:28 pm

well done to the old fella lol! lol! alien pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 4:25 pm

You cannot beat the oldies, sad that there are not enough of them to sort the sport out.

Congratulations, although I take it for granted you will beat most of the win at any cost brigade, the only time they win is in ideal conditions.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 8:49 am

oldstrain wrote:
well done to the old fella lol! lol! alien pirat pirat
Smile Smile Just plodding along Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  in my own strange way etc O/S Smile Smile. Don't really give a **** lol! lol! lol! what others may be doing as such. Funny thing is Smile Smile we have just finished what we call the sprint races "7 races" & in the section I'm in I'm like a shag on a rock compared to the other flyers there being the most west flyer "5 miles"  to most there, with the birds coming to me from the east most days because of the normal west type winds  & some how bounce bounce I don't quite know why Wink Wink but I'm leading the averages some how. Weird lol! lol! lol! me, a sprint type man of sorts Smile Smile ridiculous, the worlds gone absolutely crazy I'm affraid some how  Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 9:05 am

Well done oz, the new sprint king of Australia lol!
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 am

Had a phone call at 9 last night from our sec, the fed has decided in their wisdom that our midweek race on Wednesday has been brought forward to Tuesday, so basket today (Monday) after a tough race on Friday and a really bad weekend weather wise, (birds not been out), the members I’ve spoken to are not sending, neither are we, what were the fed thinking, why not just cancel the race if the weather forecast is bad and if possible add it at the end of the season
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 9:27 am

great stuff oz👽 really pleased for you pirat Alfie sends a man hug for uncle knackered their for his efforts cheers well done fella
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 11:41 am

Lofty wrote:
Well done oz, the new sprint king of Australia lol!
lol! lol! lol! Steady on there etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes my little local plot Wink Wink Lofty bounce bounce is some what smaller Smile Smile I suggest, than Australia in area as such  Wink  Wink.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 11:45 am

oldstrain wrote:
great stuff oz👽  really pleased for you pirat Alfie sends a man hug for uncle knackered their for his efforts cheers well done fella
All man hugs excepted O/S Smile Smile so thank my little pirat mate there etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 11:58 am

Lofty wrote:
Had a phone call at 9 last night from our sec, the fed has decided in their wisdom that our midweek race on Wednesday has been brought forward to Tuesday, so basket today (Monday) after a tough race on Friday and a really bad weekend weather wise, (birds not been out), the members I’ve spoken to are not sending, neither are we, what were the fed thinking, why not just cancel the race if the weather forecast is bad and if possible add it at the end of the season
Dammed if you do Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & dammed if you don't etc I suggest bounce bounce for those that make the decisions on race day type of thing Lofty with the liberation factor. We actually have a similar type scenario playing out here next weekend as such. Been belted here 2 on the trot Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & rain all weekend next unfortunately by the early forecast to-night. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Lofty wrote:

bit like us last week m8 only on the back of a relatively easy race ,we trained this morning as opposed to tomorrow because the welsh birds will be coming through our training area so thanks for the heads up bud Wink for what its worth I think you have made a good call and good luck for the weekend lets hope its a better day atb
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Will let you know when the birds are up daz
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 8:33 am

Ours are up at 7-40am
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 9:50 am

thanks m8 as the club transporter goes today also so the heads up is very much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 8:41 pm

We are away tomorrow for a Saturday lib, Newbury, 115 miles for us, will be coming across your way again daz
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 7:41 am

cant you lads leave me alone lol! good luck roy looks like sunday for us from Coventry but that could change
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 9:06 am

we liberated at 8.30 from Coventry bounce
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 9:24 am

Good luck daz, hows the weather with you, chucking it down this side of the channel, and blowing a gale
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 11:57 am

very strong wind wsw a few lite showers low cloud overcast ...awful basically lol! we got 4/6 our little zwol hen frilly was first in the clock hand reared to she been our first bird every week ,could be anyones race in these conditions
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Hope it’s a good one for you buddy
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 8:10 pm

we was 6th 11th and 14th club today we got 5/6 still hoping for the last one to turn in ...will be last race for most now as there too far in the moult …our naturals did us proud today all things considered
Back to top Go down
Lofty
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 9:03 pm

Good on ya daz, decent result with that wind today
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 9:25 am

thanks m8 are you racing midweek
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am

oldstrain wrote:
we was 6th 11th and 14th club today we got 5/6 still hoping for the last one to turn in ...will be last race for most now as there too far in the moult …our naturals did us proud today all things considered
Every one happy it appears O/S Smile Smile on the pirat front there etc. 5/6 Please tell Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! have a whole Fed down here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad that would like/love those type of returns Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 11:41 am

sorry to hear that oz we had fairly good returns at the club but next weeks birdage will tell the truth lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: racing this weekend   racing this weekend - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

racing this weekend
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next