Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Club meeting today  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Club meeting today  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
Club meeting today  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
Club meeting today  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Club meeting today  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Club meeting today  Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Club meeting today  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Club meeting today  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Club meeting today  Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Club meeting today  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 109 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 108 Guests :: 3 Bots

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Club meeting today  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Club meeting today  Vote_lcapClub meeting today  Voting_barClub meeting today  Vote_rcap 
David
Club meeting today  Vote_lcapClub meeting today  Voting_barClub meeting today  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Club meeting today  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Club meeting today  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Club meeting today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Club meeting today  Empty
PostSubject: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Eventually had our meeting today and what a terrible turn out. Only 4 members turned up, 2 couldn't due to unforeseen circumstances but the rest a complete waste of time
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 7:28 pm

do you need minimum of 5 members to hold a meeting ray, or is it 4 ...?

our club meetings are the same, no one turns up and nothing much to say..........in fact im being a bit of a hypocrite , i rarely go now , its a waste of time, which i could spend doing something more worth while .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Been the same in most clubs for as long as I can remember, a willing horse, there are exceptions.

Things I feel have got worse as the sport has gone down hill.

There is a rule regarding the least number to form a quorum but there are some clubs with less members, so cannot see how they function, but would be reluctant to deprive them of their sport.

It is apparently the same in most hobbies, sports, just read the Cage and Aviary at times.

Just look on it as a good will towards the sport.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Yes I understand that david but could you imagine if I said that lol. No honestly that's why we should all go because if theres any changes ect those that don't attend can't complain. I just think its unfair that people like myself sort this out and nobody cares . It's a stressful job as it is club secretary but again nobody wants the job ... nevermind
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 8:24 pm

As I've said before ray to me they are a waits of time if it was up to me we would finish in September no meetings or agm and start in April same old faces at these meetings all the time
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 8:51 pm

yes mark, same old faces go .........i used to go to every meeting up until this year, but like i said theres nothing to speak about so not worth the trouble of getting ready and going.

Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 9:04 pm

Same people going to the meetings year in year out doing all the jobs
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 9:11 pm

I do nearly all the jobs in my club. I am secretary, I do the results on Saturday's, my wife is treasurer. Only job I don't do is basketman. How pathetic is that . Like my friend says there's pigeon men and pigeon keepers . I am certainly a pigeon man . I for one would hate to see our club fold as it's the oldest club in our town apparently and to be honest I am honoured to be secretary but saying that I only did because nobody else would but that's pigeon keepers for you
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 11:10 pm

markevans wrote:
Same people going to the meetings year in year out doing all the jobs

Couldnt agree more Mark all ways the same, the problem with this sport some people will help and its them people that keep the club a float

But it s the ones that do nothing and complain scratch scratch scratch scratch they really wind me up it them type of fanciers/club members that need to be given a job and made to do something for at least 12 months

Watch there faces, I flew in the Tipton & Distict HS our club secretary was Jack Langford and he was feed up of the arguing about jobs and same old faces 100 members in the club at least between 70-85 members sending each week.

But one season Jack put a basket duty list up of the different members that were nominated to put the baskets on the transporter friday night and if they didnt do it would be fined £5

This was agreed at that seasons agm there was a few funny faces but it sorted out the same old faces doing everything lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 8:49 am

Part of the reason this sport is in decline because 75% don't care. Mine town south shields is a hot bed for pigeons racing wise but when it comes to supporting events like moots or shows they are pathetic. Like Blackpool coming up I bet about 6 lads go from here. Honestly its pathetic . The thing is the same ones whinge when the top lads win every week because they sit on their arseholes and do nothing about it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club meeting today    Club meeting today  Empty

Back to top Go down

Club meeting today
Page 1 of 1