Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Garden activity Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:53 pm

» Weather today
Garden activity Emptyby barnie Today at 7:14 pm

» escaped birds return
Garden activity Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:37 pm

» Good Morning
Garden activity Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» good luck weekend
Garden activity Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Garden activity Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Garden activity Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Garden activity Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Garden activity Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Garden activity 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 110 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 109 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Garden activity Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Garden activity Vote_lcapGarden activity Voting_barGarden activity Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222597 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Garden activity Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Garden activity Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Garden activity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 2:24 pm

Well, it is busy, as usual, in the garden. I was surprised to see Fledgling Finches this morning. Real early. Climate change I guess, well of course. A robin is flat out, building a nest in a bird box aside from the house. Joyce happy doing the washing just 4-5 feet away in the wash house. They take no notice either when hanging out the laundry. Have the t**s active. Am surprised how many Coal t**s are visiting the garden feeder. Finches are regular too. Often have a wrens nesting. Always blue t**s etc.
When I was a lad, I'd be walking the lakes etc. watch the moorhens building a Reed Platform. Need a close eye to collect their, and Coots eggs along with side the duck eggs. Took one, left ones to ensure a future nesting. Yes later rounds and next year's!
Indeed was a time when any egg was blown into a mug to check. Then if right, into the frying pan for breakfast. Have to admit we ate a great variety (any egg). From the smallest to the goose egg Wink
Not allowed now, of course. Mind there is nowhere near as many birds about in reality. Days of hedgerows full of life and great variety are, alas, gone. The thought never entertained eating any B.O.P. egg of course. That could be a real downer, and a 'No Go'.

I will, hopefully, be searching out nest this year and enjoy the wonders of colours and marvellous and unusual shapes and the 'how and wherefore' of the incredible egg. No, won't be touching, let alone making a breakfast
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 3:40 pm

Lucky chap Daz.

Most of the song birds around here are few in the trees, plenty of t**s and sparrows along with the blackbirds but goldfinches etc; very few, resident robin though, nothing like when in my youth.

Gardening now reduced to growing spuds in pots and letting the trees and weeds have a free run.

Unfortunately, nothing is like when in our youth.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 4:12 pm

Growing Spuds in a bag of Fertiliser produced fantastic results, and great gain. Inded just rub a little away and take what you want for dinner. Fresh potatoes for Cristmas dinner straight out of the back garden eh!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 12:02 am

Daz wrote:
Growing Spuds in a bag of Fertiliser produced fantastic results, and great gain. Inded just rub a little away and take what you want for dinner. Fresh potatoes for Cristmas dinner straight out of the back garden eh!
Very Happy Very Happy May just have to go back too those type of days etc Daz Wink Wink maybe, if the corona virus hits hard as such. Good opportunity I suggest bounce bounce for the modern day city dweller Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes greenie types to get their hands dirty as such Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 3:44 pm

regularly see robins around the garden, but the other day i saw a massive prehistoric looking bird fly low down , over the loft, grey it was............no idea what it was, but it was big . Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 3:51 pm

Sounds like a stork like bird David.

Have you any ponds etc: around.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Or maybe Heron, David.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 4:19 pm

yes misty we have a stream run along the back of our house .......used to have 3 - 4 inch fish in it at one time until the heron took them all a few years ago .

this bird i saw the other day looked different to a heron, although not saying it wasnt one .
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 4:20 pm

A Gull maybe.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 12:31 am

David wrote:
yes misty we have a stream run along the back of our house .......used to have 3 - 4 inch fish in it at one time until the heron took them all a few years ago .

this bird i saw the other day looked different to a heron, although not saying it wasnt one .
I Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes could say I have a river running below me down here etc David Smile Smile but best I don't as such bounce bounce as it's really only a stream truth be told SmileSmile. Fish play there thou fortunately along with platypuses on a good day, so all up a peaceful type place to escape too if things start getting you down type of thing, like all rivers & streams are at times I suspect/suggest Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 9:02 am

we dont have platypuses unfortunately knackered, hundreds of frogs, a few hedgehogs, foxes, squirrels and even the odd owl in the tree .......platypuses must only go the wealthy peoples areas like you Razz Razz cheers cheers lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 9:38 am

Think you suggest right Knackered, nothing better than sitting on a remote river or stream bank on a sunny day and reflecting on life in general.

In particular if there are a few song birds in attendance and a few animals knocking about.

Done so many a time.

Regards.

l
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 10:39 am

With a King Fisher using the end of your rod as a perch waiting for a supper eh Wink
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Yes Daz, a bit of fly fishing at the same time did add to the interest, at others course fishing often had a robin or blackbird asking for a t*t bit, all added to the enjoyment.

Often had my son or friends with me but enjoyed solitary excursions a means of self assessment and appreciation of life in general the best experience.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 1:30 am

David wrote:
we dont have platypuses unfortunately knackered, hundreds of frogs, a few hedgehogs, foxes, squirrels and even the odd owl in the tree .......platypuses must only go the wealthy peoples areas like you Razz Razz cheers cheers lol! lol! lol!
Even amongst the wealthy class types etc David Wink Wink you will always find a bum or 2 etc I've found lol! lol! lol! & I fortunately just happen to be one of them as such  Wink  Wink. That being said thou bounce bounce on my little patch here Wink Wink which actually is bigger than the whole of England as such Smile Smile one unique stand alone little patch of forest can be found in some ways where one can escape the rat race & go walk about & just dream & see nature as it was 65,000 years ago type of thing & while doing it Smile Smile 50 feet below you Very Happy Very Happy 100,000 odd cars a day pass by there & you fortunately hear absolutely nothing etc Very Happy Very Happy. cheers flower afro
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 7:17 pm

Always places around here. Never seen platypie though!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 10:03 pm

halcanada80 wrote:
Always places around here. Never seen platypie though!
Maybe not Hal Smile Smile but I'm wise enough to know here your local wildlife is up there with my platypie  Very Happy  Very Happy as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garden activity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden activity   Garden activity Empty

Back to top Go down

Garden activity
Page 1 of 1