Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
Racing this season Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
Racing this season Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Racing this season Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Racing this season Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Racing this season Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Racing this season Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Racing this season Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Racing this season Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Racing this season Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Racing this season 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 64 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Racing this season Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Racing this season Vote_lcapRacing this season Voting_barRacing this season Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Racing this season Vote_lcapRacing this season Voting_barRacing this season Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Racing this season Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Racing this season Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Racing this season

Go down 
+4
David
MISTY
Knackered
Boosey
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 10:49 pm

Does anyone thing we will have any racing this year?
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 12:05 am

Boosey wrote:
Does anyone thing we will have any racing this year?
That's  Wink  Wink  one of those million dollar type query's/question's etc Boosey Smile Smile I suggest & pigeon flyers all across the planet are now having the same type thought I suspect. Seen blokes tie themselves in knot's Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes trying to find an answer as such bounce bounce where as Smile Smile if they asked the simple question, being in the climate we are all in now & maybe just asked Wink Wink which box does it fit in, the essential box or the non essential box, they may just be able to come to some sort of final conclusion I suspect/suggest Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 8:34 am

A decision has to be made within a reasonable period of time for everyone involved to make preparations or it could turn into a fiasco.

I agree with Knackered, in reality pigeon racing is hardly a main concern in these trying times.

Think the RPRA should make decision one way or another.

Cannot see the lockdown being eased before the NHS feel they are able to cope with expected new cases of virus victims.

Another problem, what if racing starts and there is as a set back in cases of the virus etc;

Would love to see racing take place but you have to be realistic.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 8:53 am

no old bird racing i reckon, maybe young bird.......
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 10:06 am

i cant see any racing ,be very lucky to see any...alot of guys dont train there own birds and rely on others or club training,clocks need to be sorted also ets pocket clocks to ,vaccination certificates need to be presented and rpra still have not made a decision on vaccinating on your own so alot wont be able to race for this reason alone,luckily we do ours early december ...then you have the problem that most racing clubs are in pubs/social clubs and also social distancing crops up again,considering the very few do all the work at most clubs could in fact work in its favour ,2 basketing 1 doing clocks but the 2 basketing for t3 users would find it difficult to keep distance ...would need a few things to tip in our balance for us to be racing this year ,lifting ban and opening social outlets like pubs etc...removal of social distancing ....preperation of birds to be ready for racing as most around here are in turmoil with the sparrow hawk at present Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Boosey
Youngbird
Youngbird
Boosey

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 10:19 am

Yes I agree with all that Darren. Sad
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 1:53 pm

Training is strictly prohibited, so it can be taken that racing would come under the same banner, even the OLR.

Even were the isolation and distance regulations lifted, common sense should dictate that the latter should be a voluntary necessity, and the former if one had any indication of the virus.

The problem is not going away in the near future.

No one is sure just how the virus can be transmitted.

Local case where a gentleman who had gone no where near anyone subsequently found to have the virus contacted it and died recently, (just read it in local paper delivered by wife's daughter who is being an angel under these trying circumstances).

There is no guarantee that the virus cannot be carried by several means that would be applicable to that involved in pigeon racing.

There is also no guarantee that even were racing to be allowed it would not be stopped at some stage if matters arose after it had just started.

Think under the circumstances fanciers should commit their efforts towards thinking about maybe racing next year ( and there is no certainty that racing will be possible next year}

Not doom and gloom reality.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 1:54 pm

I think, hope a late start of July or August it may happen. Then an Indian summer wouldn't go amiss I feel.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 3:28 pm

Just read a disturbing article in the Daily Mail (worth a read ).

Gives several differing opinions regarding the source of the outbreak from natural to purposely.

One particular part that caught my attention, animals are capable of carrying the virus and infecting humans, PIGEONS being one of them.

Now that has thrown the cat amongst the pigeons.

Cannot see anything to resolve all the unanswered questions for some time yet.

The onus of opinion I think is that the virus escaped unintentionally from a Chinese Lab.

I would still like to know how many high ranking Chinese have had the virus.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 4:47 pm

If it is proven that a pigeon is responsible for passing the virus on to a person then it makes pigeon racing a problem.

One pigeon on a transporter could infect every pigeon on the transporter, these going back to different lofts with the ability to infect the fanciers concerned.

The plot thickens every day and not in a pleasant way.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 12:41 am

oldstrain wrote:
i cant see any racing ,be very lucky to see any...alot of guys dont train there own birds and rely on others or club training,clocks need to be sorted also ets pocket clocks to ,vaccination certificates need to be presented and rpra still have not made a decision on vaccinating on your own so alot wont be able to race for this reason alone,luckily we do ours early december ...then you have the problem that most racing clubs are in pubs/social clubs and also social distancing crops up again,considering the very few do all the work at most clubs could in fact work in its favour ,2 basketing 1 doing clocks but the 2 basketing for t3 users would find it difficult to keep distance ...would need a few things to tip in our balance for us to be racing this year ,lifting ban and opening social outlets like pubs etc...removal of social distancing ....preperation of birds to be ready for racing as most around here are in turmoil with the sparrow hawk at present Evil or Very Mad
Intriuge's me here Wink Wink when I read the go, go brigade for racing bounce bounce saying the social distance factor is not an issue to stop racing as every one would do as required by the law. Total bollocks I suggest, on average Smile Smile as every day we see people doing the wrong thing as if they are all immune from the virus as such. Start racing & 2/3/4/5 flyers or their family catch the virus through the pigeon side of things & die  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad is/would it really be worth it, at the end of the day type of thing. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 8:11 am

Think one unnecessary death related to our sport would be one too many Knackered.

Frustration is not good for health nor deciding what is best.

I think the RPRA should make a decision, in my opinion to stop racing this year.

Fanciers are then not in limbo as they are now and can make decisions based on no racing.

However, I feel fanciers should attempt to keep in touch and maybe put forward some suggestions to that end.

Can see if this matter is not dealt with in a manner keeping fanciers interested and involved it will be a sad day for the sport.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:49 am

Well 'Aids' was man made. They had to spread a diabolical story of how it happened. The natives having sex with a green monkey lol.Both the Avian Flu, which George Bush Junior and Rumpelstiltskin coerced , and got $8 Billion from the U.S Senators, and fined by the Helsinki courts. This was aimed at the Mexicans. They followed this up with a Legal binding that meant the Same court couldn't take them to court, though still trying regards the Swine Flu.
In 1943 Japan dropped the Bubonic Plague on China killing unto Chinese. It goes on and on, eh!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 11:19 am

Daz wrote:
Well 'Aids' was man made. They had to spread a diabolical story of how it happened. The natives having sex with a green monkey lol.Both the Avian Flu, which George Bush Junior and Rumpelstiltskin coerced , and got $8 Billion from the U.S Senators, and fined by the Helsinki courts. This was aimed at the Mexicans. They followed this up with a Legal binding that meant the Same court couldn't  take them to court, though still trying regards the Swine Flu.
In 1943 Japan dropped the  Bubonic Plague on China killing unto Chinese. It goes on and on, eh!  
Bit pointless in some ways etc Smile Smile saying a virus will not kill you type of thing I suggest. Wherever or what the corona virus issue may be, that fact is  bounce  bounce it's plainly killing many thousands of people across our planet now, sadly. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 6:46 pm

I am optimistic and think we will get racing . Maybe only a few old birds plus ybs but I think so. Anything is better than nothing.....hopefully
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 7:13 pm

I think everyone would like some racing, having put many hours and effort into the sport, the problem I can see is that no one actually knows just what is involved in allowing it to go forward with regard to safety.

Think the distancing recommendation will be in operation for the foreseeable future if it is confirmed that the only way it can be transmitted is from person to person,
(think there is several other suggestions as to the manner it is transmitted). which is a further possible complication.

Still feel the RPRA are useless in any situation.

Feel real sorry for all fanciers in this situation.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Even we only get 6 races to say 200 that would be great.. the distance obviously is a big factor, not going across the channel for obvious reasons. Like I said something better than nothing
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 8:22 am

Just been having a scan of the auctions on line.

Some are still making a reasonable price but many seemingly good ones are not showing a lot of interest.

Little wonder really the situation being as it is.

Lets hope some decisions are taken soon so that fanciers know exactly where they are.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 12:45 pm

no racing can take place until at least 4 weeks after vaccination...the rpra /defra insist on 2 witnesses to be present and to sign declaration form so without this how can we even think about racing,social distancing will not allow birds to be vaccinated so ybs are a no go at this time ,alot of things need to fall into place for us to see "any racing at all"  if we were to get any racing at all it would be best to race yearlings and ybs together or all old birds and ybs together if room on the transporter is not an issue ,or at least train the birds out to race distances and dont worry about clocks ,just keep the birds tuned in to the job has to be the most important thing ,i am clocksetter at our club and all our members have t3 it could still be done but alot needs to fall in our favour ,we could even race into october but not all fanciers darken the ybs and old uns will be well on there way in the moult come end of september ...cant see any minute hope of racing until august ,when you look at it most people who race are in the vulnerable age group and also have other issues and my club cant be that different to most of yours as most in this area are the same and have a oap membership of 80% ...boy am i glad we only bred 15 ybs for ourselves
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 7:21 pm

Racing postponed here but assume they will race eventually. Lots of fanatics.
Personally would not bother me to send YB's un raced as yearlings. Done it often. 2 20 mile tosses then off they go. But open loft, not possible for many fanciers.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 12:24 am

halcanada80 wrote:
Racing postponed here but assume they will race eventually. Lots of fanatics.
Personally would not bother me to send YB's un raced as yearlings. Done it often. 2 20 mile tosses then off they go. But open loft, not possible for many fanciers.
I can just see Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Hal Smile Smile the gun/pigeon fanatic types in America bounce bounce quoting their 2nd amendment scenario as a rite to race as such there, after watching what's going on, on some of their local streets there at the moment. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 8:14 am

thinking about it, i doubt there will even be young bird racing either .......will be too late and too much disruption to even start to train and race........no this season is finished before it even began .

just hope they can do something at least, for the rpra one loft .....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 8:46 am

Cannot see them getting the virus under control in time to have any racing this year.
Oldstrain has made several points regarding the problems in doing so and keeping both safe and within the regulations (Government and RPRA)

Better for fanciers to take it that there will be no racing this year and if there is take it as a bonus.

Meanwhile it is going to be a long haul until next year, who knows what is in store?.

Could get some shows and quizzes going David ???????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 9:06 am

oldstrain wrote:
no racing can take place until at least 4 weeks after vaccination...the rpra /defra insist on 2 witnesses to be present and to sign declaration form so without this how can we even think about racing,social distancing will not allow birds to be vaccinated so ybs are a no go at this time ,alot of things need to fall into place for us to see "any racing at all"  if we were to get any racing at all it would be best to race yearlings and ybs together or all old birds and ybs together if room on the transporter is not an issue ,or at least train the birds out to race distances and dont worry about clocks ,just keep the birds tuned in to the job has to be the most important thing ,i am clocksetter at our club and all our members have t3 it could still be done but alot needs to fall in our favour ,we could even race into october but not all fanciers darken the ybs and old uns will be well on there way in the moult come end of september ...cant see any minute hope of racing until august ,when you look at it most people who race are in the vulnerable age group and also have other issues and my club cant be that different to most of yours as most in this area are the same and have a oap membership of 80% ...boy am i glad we only bred 15 ybs for ourselves
Smile Smile I will just send you the cradle I use to vaccinate my birds here O/S Smile Smile your mates can watch from your side gate there while you do them 8 at a time etc Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 11:05 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
Smile Smile I will just send you the cradle I use to vaccinate my birds here O/S Smile Smile your mates can watch from your side gate there while you do them 8 at a time etc Wink Wink. cheers

i do have one oz but only a single ,much easier holding the yb between yer legs but dont tell our ray as he may crank it up a notch by wearing his mankini for the job lol! poor ybs may never get out again lol! flower ....... pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Racing this season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racing this season   Racing this season Empty

Back to top Go down

Racing this season
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next