Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Corn bags opening Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Corn bags opening Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
Corn bags opening Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
Corn bags opening Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Corn bags opening Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Corn bags opening Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Corn bags opening Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Corn bags opening Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Corn bags opening Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Corn bags opening 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 107 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 107 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Corn bags opening Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Corn bags opening Vote_lcapCorn bags opening Voting_barCorn bags opening Vote_rcap 
David
Corn bags opening Vote_lcapCorn bags opening Voting_barCorn bags opening Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Corn bags opening Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Corn bags opening Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Corn bags opening

Go down 
+2
David
barnie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptyFri May 08, 2020 11:42 am

Who's got the knack of opening the bags just by pulling the stitching and unzipping them? Always goes wrong for me!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptyFri May 08, 2020 11:56 am

always found it easy enough, as long as the cord is long enough .......sometimes its only short and you cant grab hold of it.

p.s. corn ive been using for the past 3 years comes in plastic, see through bags and is easy to open........i have had problems with the paper bags in the past sometimes, its harder to tear than plastic ive found , string can sometimes cut into your hands .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptyFri May 08, 2020 12:17 pm

yeah when they are double stitched Mad lol! lol! lol! its like trying to get into nora battys drawers lol! just cut them off below the stitch line now and into bins
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptyFri May 08, 2020 5:04 pm

I always found it a problem, got frustrated at times.

So started to just use a knife cut the top and put bag into bin.

The same with rabbit feed now, although I buy the best it is bulked out with rubbish the rabbits will not eat.

But I find the same with many of the containers today, food and medication for humans amongst them.

All done to make life easy, ???????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptyFri May 08, 2020 9:40 pm

David wrote:
always found it easy enough, as long as the cord is long enough .......sometimes its only short and you cant grab hold of it.

p.s. corn ive been using for the past 3 years comes in plastic, see through bags and is easy to open........i have had problems with the paper bags in the past sometimes, its harder to tear than plastic ive found , string can sometimes cut into your hands .
You lot must have fancy type bags there Smile Smile cords Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm a Stanley knife type man bounce bounce one slit of the throat etc bounce bounce & then straight into the bins Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptyFri May 08, 2020 9:46 pm

Yep, a man after my own heart Knackered, exactly what I do.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptyFri May 08, 2020 10:14 pm

MISTY wrote:
Yep, a man after my own heart Knackered, exactly what I do.

Regards.
Part of that Kiss scenario thing etc I suggest Misty Smile Smile. Must add also Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes never liked getting grain in those plastic type bags as many do. That suffocating factor I'm  affraid bounce bounce coming into play for me Wink Wink. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptyFri May 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Used the source of feed since 1979, for all animals I kept, and still do.

Started buying beans by the ton shared with a friend, all in brown paper sacks, never any problems.

Then the commercial boys started using plastic for everything, polishing the goodness from the feed and then promoting aids to win to replace that lost in polishing.

Maize and other corn was also originally in paper sacks and with no problems still had all the goodness left in the grain.

NO KISSING KNACKERED, people will start talking.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptySat May 09, 2020 1:25 pm

I always make it a bit of a challenge to open the bag with the cord
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptySat May 09, 2020 5:20 pm

Will send you some of the containers holding my medication and the tomato sauce and other things like salt etc; in eating establishments not to mention all kinds of bottles, many of which you need a degree in engineering to open.

Keep you happy for hours Mark.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptySat May 09, 2020 10:03 pm

markevans wrote:
I always make it a bit of a challenge to open the bag with the cord
lol! lol! lol! Had a fight here the other day Mark Smile Smile between my missus & myself Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as who was the most useless etc Wink Wink as neither of us bounce bounce could open the plastic lid/seal on the plastic milk carton I'm affraid we use, for our cup of tea  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptySat May 09, 2020 10:31 pm

MISTY wrote:
Used the source of feed since 1979, for all animals I kept, and still do.

Started buying beans by the ton shared with a friend, all in brown paper sacks, never any problems.

Then the commercial boys started using plastic for everything, polishing the goodness from the feed and then promoting aids to win to replace that lost in polishing.

Maize and other corn was also originally in paper sacks and with no problems still had all the goodness left in the grain.

NO KISSING KNACKERED, people will start talking.

Regards.  
Rest assured here Misty Smile Smile your save with me etc lol! lol! lol! on the kissing side of things Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes others thou maybe Very Happy Very Happy I'm affraid could cause some problems here in that area I suggest/suspect Wink Wink lol!  lol!  lol!. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening EmptySun May 10, 2020 6:37 am

The corn merchant showed me how to do it years ago, obviously for him like shelling peas, I think it was go to the longest cord run , unpick the inside cord, hold this and pull the outside cord? Something as straight forward as that lol!
It just unzipped in a second, but it,'s scissors for me, every time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corn bags opening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corn bags opening   Corn bags opening Empty

Back to top Go down

Corn bags opening
Page 1 of 1