Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Will write a topic Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:52 pm

» Good Morning
Will write a topic Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 2:50 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Will write a topic Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Will write a topic Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
Will write a topic Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Will write a topic Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Will write a topic Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Will write a topic Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Will write a topic Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Will write a topic 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 124 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 122 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Will write a topic Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Will write a topic Vote_lcapWill write a topic Voting_barWill write a topic Vote_rcap 
David
Will write a topic Vote_lcapWill write a topic Voting_barWill write a topic Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222672 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Will write a topic Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Will write a topic Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Will write a topic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 1:36 pm

Stress!
Middle of indulging a scientific related regards Stress.

Seem- in a nut shell - that upsetting a environment. A relocation of animals etc. causing stress.
Likewise feeding what isn't natural for them.
Like. for instance. the 'Bone Meal' fed to cattle 'causing 'Mad Cow' disease.  Causing Kuru. Thousand dying still from that! Lays dormant and can't be detected. But can be passed on. Even now after 50 years, off spring are still dying from it, and there is no cure.

Stress weakens the immunity causing umpteen problems.
Will read again - 4th time lol, and post up lol.

Last edited by Daz on Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 2:07 pm

sounds familiar daz, immunity is the key, natural immunity ..........
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptyFri Nov 20, 2020 11:14 pm

David wrote:
sounds familiar daz, immunity is the key, natural immunity ..........
Sounds good etc David Wink Wink but doomed to failure I'm affraid these days unfortunately I suggest bounce bounce 11 million odd have had the virus in America now apparently, just wonder come the end there Wink Wink  how many will actually stick with the natural immunity scenario outcome or finish up just taking a vaccine shot there when available in the end Smile Smile. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 4:54 pm

You do not get natural immunity from a needle.

You have to suffer and overcome the problem without vacination or anything else to become immmune and strengthen the immunity year on year and pass it on to future generations.

That is why present day pigeons need constant medication, too many sick pigeons have been kept alive by medication and bred millions of their like.

The vast majority of present day pigeons have lost all semblane of natural immunity and it would take many years and a lot of tears to recover it.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptySat Nov 21, 2020 4:54 pm

You have to suffer and overcome the problem without vacination or anything else to become immmune and strengthen the immunity year on year and pass it on to future generations.

That is why present day pigeons need constant medication, too many sick pigeons have been kept alive by medication and bred millions of their like.

The vast majority of present day pigeons have lost all semblane of natural immunity and it would take many years and a lot of tears to recover it.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 9:33 pm

MISTY wrote:

Regards.    

Glad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  lol!  lol!  lol! Misty Smile Smile your talking about pigeons bounce bounce I hope & not humans type of thing Wink Wink with your vaccine scenario there & with our present day pandemic crisis dilemma we face now. Big news here this morning Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad the experts ??? are now saying, when one gets a jab now when it becomes available it could give you immunity for up too MAYBE a year Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. Bit like saying maybe Wink Wink I suggest, you may just get 50 % to 90% off something at a sale type thing when you walk in to buy or you could even walk away with no discount at all  bounce  bounce by the end Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes.   cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 9:27 am

Think you will find Knackered that all health problems in humans  and many in animals have been as a result of mal practise in one way or another mainly by attempting to outwit nature, which in reality is the persuit of fools.

All illnesses etc; have a cause, they do not just appear from nothing.

If you look around the world there are very few (if any) countries where the majority of people are satisfied with their life and many living in less conditions than one would extend to an animal.

This in an age when technology has almost outreached it's usefulness in a manner appropriate to the activities that makes life interesting and enjoyable.

Yes, there are some good things but the potential for world disaster has never been more evident.

Roll On.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 1:40 pm

Apparently moving a creature to a different environment causes it to be stressed. Will not be immune first off, or for a very long time. Means a weakness. then quickly another ailment attacks... Cattle penned up, like pigs causes stress.
Then ailments are lentiful.

Then we eat these ailments, and have a struggle- a constant struggle to contain. Anti biotics are failing rapidly to these new ailments which quickly digest into their system and that anti biotic becomes immune to them. causing further grief.
Tale a creature out of it's nature environment. Cause unnatural ... They decided to get sheep to have two mating a year. Was a bad failure. - I see they are trying it again in some parts.
Incest mating quickly hammers creature. Their abilties we want, whatever means the youngsters became weak in regards taking control or the ailments and are unable to overcome them. A second one quickly attacks. then Bolstered up with Anti Biotics, which they in them selves quickly are part and partial of the ailment one is trying to over come.
The ocean is a classic example. Over fishing has meant different fish are now in new environment's.
Will write more when waking up lol.

Cattle / pigs etc., in pens are fed hay etc. with their own droppings mixed in.
Young Bird sickness is traced back to many such things ... But like all, many demand it to work, if only for the odd good winner.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptyMon Nov 23, 2020 4:10 pm

I think tampering with feed has contributed MUCH to the decline in the health of most animals.

Only have one rabbit now, so try to pamper him.

Bought most expensive bag of feed (years ago when very young fed my rabbits on dandilion and thistles etc; etc; never any problems) have to sieve the rubbish out now, filler used to prop up decent feed, no idea what it is, neerest guess some kind of small grain, but bunny knows it is rubbish and ignored it until I started getting rid of it.

Have friends who still show rabbits and  they have all the same kind of health problems we have with our feathered friends.

As I have said for many years interfere with nature at your peril.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 10:08 am

when i was younger misty, i never had much success with rabbits, they would always get the runs, and die ..........i think i might have given them too many greens ???
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 11:52 am

Yes David all greens were not a good idea, I was lucky in knowing an old gent who showed rabbits who used to give me many not fit for showing instead of killing them, very good bargaining means with other kids.

Also advice on food etc;

Carrots, bran, the latter my gran got an allowance for during the war along with always having hay available, none costly.

I lost two recently through not noticing the hay had gone off.

So just left me with the buck.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Will write a topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will write a topic   Will write a topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Will write a topic
Page 1 of 1