Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Uk Roads etc etc Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 1:17 pm

» Good Morning
Uk Roads etc etc Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Uk Roads etc etc Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Uk Roads etc etc Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Uk Roads etc etc Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Uk Roads etc etc Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Uk Roads etc etc Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Uk Roads etc etc Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Uk Roads etc etc Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Uk Roads etc etc 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 105 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 104 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Uk Roads etc etc Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Uk Roads etc etc Vote_lcapUk Roads etc etc Voting_barUk Roads etc etc Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222606 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Uk Roads etc etc Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Uk Roads etc etc Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Uk Roads etc etc

Go down 
+4
halcanada81
MISTY
David
Knackered
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 12:26 am

David wrote:
roads allclear here now, sun is out but still cold .........just got back from MOT station passed with a cvouple of adviseries, a happy bunny cheers cheers cheers
What Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes it just cannot be true etc bounce bounce you of all people David Smile Smile going to some government type department there now Wink Wink it appears, to get the ok to drive on your roads. I'm affraid I'm in total shock here with that bit of news as such Very Happy Very Happy.  Now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad weather wise for this little duck here etc bounce bounce is I'm just not a happy type bunny I'm affraid Did some concrete work yesterday Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & shortly after out of no where the rains come tumbling down & its been much the same for the last 24 hours Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers & take care  there  now Smile Smile as I heard on the grapevine lol! lol! lol! somehow out there  bounce  bounce is a virus of some sort & it's going around the traps etc David, apparently Wink Wink.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 12:47 am

if i was a younger, single man knackered, i would inform police, government and crown, that i am removing myself from their system, i would not pay a TV license, tax or MOT my car, and not bother with a driving license, i would not play their game...........but i am not a young, single man, so do certain things i need to do to play the game . pirat pirat clown
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 9:43 am

David wrote:
if i was a younger, single man knackered, i would inform police, government and crown, that i am removing myself from their system, i would not pay a TV license, tax or MOT my car, and not bother with a driving license, i would not play their game...........but i am not a young, single man, so do certain things i need to do to play the game . pirat pirat clown
A very noble scenario.

Problem : The country would be in a real state of anarchy if everyone adopted that attitude.

If you change your mind David and do adopt those preferences then you can rely on me to send you food parcels into ever which institution you are sent.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 9:58 am

thing is misty, all these things ive quoted require us to pay to do these things, its all government extortion .........me taxing,or insuring my car doesnt make me a better driver.......ive known people who are excellent drivers,but never passed a driving test , years ago when cars were a new invention, we didnt have a driving license, then they saw pound signs and invented the driving test .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 10:10 am

David wrote:
thing is misty, all these things ive quoted require us to pay to do these things, its all government extortion .........me taxing,or insuring my car doesnt make me a better driver.......ive known people who are excellent drivers,but never passed a driving test , years ago when cars were a new invention, we didnt have a driving license, then they saw pound signs and invented the driving test .
David 50% of the drivers I meet on the road should not be let loose out of the house.

You must have rules and regulations, roads must be paid for, vehicles to be road worthy and rightly so.

The accidents on the roads increase every year, just what kind of situation would it be if anyone could just jump in any broken down vehicle and go speeding down the motor way, also who would actually pay for the motor way and it's maintenance?.

I can truly feel your anger with the present set up, I think we are taken for a ride in many cases.

But just how would you prefer matters to be?.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 12:19 pm

quite correct misty, there are more and more cars on the road now, and i regularly see drivers that should not be on the road, a great percentage of them from foreign lands . what doesnt help the everrising number of drivers on the road, is 5 day pass your test courses, how can you possibly be able to pass a driving test in five days ......? its maddness .

yes, you do have to have rules of the road, and everyone should be aware of them, not anly for their own sake, but the sake of others ..........my dad always used to tell me "it sother people on the road you need to watch", and ive found that to be true, and has served me well, always be aware of others ......

yes indeed, roads must be maintained, this is why we pay taxes, the roads are not maintained out of our "car road tax" to the DVLA, in fact the DVLA put nothing into maintaining the roads, it comes from taxes and tax on petrol, the road tax we pay the DVLA is just another government way to get moreofour money, the roads are not owned by the DVLA not the government, they are PUBLIC ROADS, owned and maintained by the publics taxes. the council and the highways dept maintain the roads /motorways with public money .

when you think about it, nearly everything we do needs a license, fishing , market stall, busking, TV , car, etc etc .....its all a way of making revenue, everything we do has to be approved by the council or government, and everything we do in our daily lives is by contracting with these people, even the police, we are governed by consent, and we create joinder / contract with them ........or alternatively we dont .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 4:30 pm

David wrote:
quite correct misty, there are more and more cars on the road now, and i regularly see drivers that should not be on the road, a great percentage of them from foreign lands .  what doesnt help the everrising number of drivers on the road, is 5 day pass your test courses, how can you possibly be able to pass a driving test in five days ......? its maddness .

yes, you do have to have rules of the road, and everyone should be aware of them, not anly for their own sake, but the sake of others ..........my dad always used to tell me "it sother people on the road you need to watch", and ive found that to be true, and has served me well, always be aware of others ......

yes indeed, roads must be maintained, this is why we pay taxes, the roads are not maintained out of our "car road tax" to the DVLA, in fact the DVLA put

nothing into maintaining the roads, it comes from taxes and tax on petrol, the road tax we pay the DVLA is just another government way to get moreofour money, the roads are not owned by the DVLA not the government, they are PUBLIC ROADS, owned and maintained by the publics taxes. the council and the highways dept maintain the roads /motorways with public money .

when you think about it, nearly everything we do needs a license, fishing , market stall, busking, TV , car, etc etc .....its all a way of making revenue, everything we do has to be approved by the council or government, and everything we do in our daily lives is by contracting with these people, even the police, we are governed by consent, and we create joinder / contract with them ........or alternatively we dont .
David, like it or like it not we are all subject to the the Law of the Land.

If you want to deviate you have to pay the price, that is democracy, you cannot pick and choose what suits the individual or you pay the priceaccord ing to the LAW.

Tis no good picking and choosing the things you disagree with.

Wthout going through all the  responsibilities of a Government I will just mention a few.

The protection of the people. ( armies weaponry etc;)
The protection of the people, criminals, penalties,etc;.
Health.
Laws to make make matters as safe as possible for all the people including safety at work and whilst travelling in any mode.
Providing hotel like prisons so that criminals can plan their next crime in comfort when they get out.
Free telivision licences for the over 80s WOOPS.
Aid to contries far better off than us.
Along with a similar long list.

Take your pick.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 5:34 pm

this is where your going wrong misty, this country is a common law country ........and it abides by common law, not the law of the sea .

the government is there to REPRESENT the wishes of the people, not dictate, this is not china or nazi germany ......

do you really believe the government care about the people, come on misty....you are either very naive or very much brainwashed if you think they do .

as for pensioners getting free TV license, over 75 and you need to pay , its not free any more unless you recieve pension credits.......

so which laws am i picking and choosing, and what, in my previous post is not factual ...DVLA not owning the roads ? DVLA not maintaining the roads ? the tax payer paying the maintain the roads ? seems you know all about this subject, so put me right if im wrong ......???
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 6:30 pm

David wrote:
this is where your going wrong misty, this country is a common law country ........and it abides by common law, not the law of the sea .

the government is there to REPRESENT the wishes of the people, not dictate, this is not china or nazi germany ......

do you really believe the government care about the people, come on misty....you are either very naive or very much brainwashed if you think they do .

as for pensioners getting free TV license, over 75 and you need to pay , its not free any more unless you recieve pension credits.......

so which laws am i picking and choosing, and what, in my previous post is not factual ...DVLA not owning the roads ?  DVLA not maintaining the roads ? the tax payer paying the maintain the roads ?  seems you know all about this subject, so put me right if im wrong ......???
No govenment is there to represent the wishes of the people.

They are voted in to make laws etc; that makes it possible for a country to function and punushment for those who do not comply.

If you asked what the wishes of the people were you would have so many different opinions nothing could function.

People vote for those who they think represent as near to their ideas as possible.

I have already explained David that a country has many responsibilities and all have  costs which have to be paid by the population.

This revinue is derived by several different means, all the taxes you mention being part and parcel of those taxes, does not matter what they are called all are necessary for the country to function.

If the money did not come from one it must come from another.

Think we should be pleased we are in an almost civilised country and for now able to have a ramble on, (  for how long ?????).

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 6:42 pm

no no no no misty, the government is voted in to represent the people and to run the country in the best way they can, with the UKs best interests at heart (thats what they should do anyway)........they work for US , our local mp is voted in to represent his local area, he holds surgeries for people to tell him what they want help with, he works for US .

they are not paid to do things which are their own opinions, or views, they work for US !!!.

loose the fear misty, they work for us ........... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 8:40 pm

David, I am sorry but the Government are elected to run the affairs of the country based on the circumstances of the time which can change over night.

If the Government had to ask the peoples opinion before making any decisions it could not function.

Just take the present virus problem.

What do you expect the Government to do take a vote about the lockdown and all the other relevant matters evey time something crops up ?.

Parliament passes LAWS that they feel relevant to the best interests of the country, in many we have no say whatsoever, nor are our opinions asked for, it would be impossible to run a country in the manner you suggest.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 10:51 pm

MISTY wrote:
David wrote:
A very noble scenario.

Problem : The country would be in a real state of anarchy if everyone adopted that attitude.

If you change your mind David and do adopt those preferences then you can rely on me to send you food parcels into ever which institution you are sent.

Regards.
Couldn't be more pleased here Misty Smile Smile that our David Very Happy Very Happy is a thinker type etc bounce bounce just wonder thou Wink Wink where his utopia would be maybe on this planet of ours now if looking for paradise, in a paradise type sense & if somehow looking for a sea change  Very Happy  Very Happy Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:07 am

Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:
David wrote:
A very noble scenario.

Regards.
Couldn't be more pleased here Misty Smile Smile that our David Very Happy Very Happy is a thinker type etc bounce bounce just wonder thou Wink Wink where his utopia would be maybe on this planet of ours now if looking for paradise, in a paradise type sense & if somehow looking for a sea change  Very Happy  Very Happy Wink  Wink. cheers
Knackered David entitled to his opinion I agree, as is everyone else and to kick things around makes things go round.

However, Utopia with regards to the actual governing of a country with such a diverse population in every sense is no easy task.

I feel in the main we have a very good system of Government with a drawback being  those entrusted to impliment it do not fit the bill in many cases.

Would realy like a blue print from David of his alternative means of running the country.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 11:45 am

you see, the government likes people like you,misty and knackered, who simply accept, and do not question ..........you accept the official version like a sponge

thanks to the alternative media, we are finding out about the illusion our government is implimenting on us, and how they are controlling us.......we wont hear this in the morning papers or the bbc news, they are government mouthpieces .
people are questioning now, rather than just accept what we are told, and sometimes is hard to come to terms with information, and realise we have been decieved all of our lives........even faced with facts, sometimes we still wont accept it ..........no offence to you both, but you and a lot of others sadly still cannot accept the truth .
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Many can read between and behind the waffle of politicians.
To what avail? Not a heck of a lot anyone can do about it. So we live with it.
As for Trump, biggest asshole around in years. My opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down
halcanada81
Hatchling
Hatchling

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 2:31 pm

Why are you not a politicion David?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 2:36 pm

people from my type of background rarely become politicians hal, you know that ........they are mainly, if not all, from a privileged background
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Agree partly regarding politicians being from priviliged backgrounds, however, there are also many stooges put into parliament  from working class backgrounds but have to toe the line.

Just watch MPs Question Time, idiots have to read a script.

The main concern is those in the Government departments who hold the real power.

All hand picked from the Old School Brigade once entrenched irremoveable.

Same with the Church of England, old schoolboys, boys only dormitaries, could not recognise  a Bible Scripture if it was pushed down their throats.

So David not the Law as we have it but those entrusted to carry it out diligently are the problem.

One good  thing many who have taken advantage have led very unhappy lives.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 7:38 pm

I agree David with most of your points , if there is a way the government will get money off you they will, its like my drone  I have to apply for a licence to use it which is pathetic.  They used the excuse it was to deter the daft lads flying and causing problems. If they want to fly they will , it just punishes us genuine flyers but I have to pay or get a big fine...thats just one example from me
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 9:46 pm

peel bros wrote:
I agree David with most of your points , if there is a way the government will get money off you they will, its like my drone  I have to apply for a licence to use it which is pathetic.  They used the excuse it was to deter the daft lads flying and causing problems. If they want to fly they will , it just punishes us genuine flyers but I have to pay or get a big fine...thats just one example from me
Would not be a very good idea to have everyone having a drone, not everyone is sensible as the idiots that threaten airoplanes show.

You have to have regulations for potential problems, how do you think a free for all would work out.

Everyone  can carry a knife from birh onwards, same with a gun anything goes.

Murder, rape, people walk into other peoples homes and do what they want same in the shops, anything goes ( think a  song comming on).

You have to have Laws and regulations for anything that is of concern and punishment for breaking them.

This costs MONEY people HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE.

The upholding of the Law and the punishment involved, prisons, lawyers, police all have costs as does  Members of Parliament.etc; etc; etc;

If I had my way no one would have anything capable of being a menace without they had a licence  and proven to be sane and responsible and to a certain extent licenses and the paying for them goes a long way to doing so.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:09 pm

Uk Roads etc etc Img_8410
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:25 pm

David wrote:
you see, the government likes people like you,misty and knackered, who simply accept, and do not question ..........you accept the official version like a sponge

thanks to the alternative media, we are finding out about the illusion our government is implimenting on us, and how they are controlling us.......we wont hear this in the morning papers or the bbc news, they are government mouthpieces .
people are questioning now, rather than just accept what we are told, and sometimes is hard to come to terms with information, and realise we have been decieved all of our lives........even faced with facts, sometimes we still wont accept it ..........no offence to you both, but you and a lot of others sadly still cannot accept the truth .
No offence either David Smile Smile & I will not speak for Misty etc Very Happy Very Happy as he is who he is bounce bounce but I would suggest Wink Wink with what you say here about myself is just utter rot in certain ways & of the highest order I'm  affraid. You don't know myself here on average or my circumstance's, not by a country mile,  you just know in some ways here what I prefer to just tell you at times. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes seeing as it appears here your a great Kennedy fan of sorts apparently from the past & he once said  bounce  bounce  Don't ask what your country can do for you Wink Wink Ask yourself what you can do for your country Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes so being in the climate we are in here at the moment, unfortunately Wink Wink what have you actually done in your time there for your country as such Smile Smile above what normal type folk have done there.    cheers & take care flower afro
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:29 pm

barnie wrote:
Uk Roads etc etc Img_8410
When you have to use Anarchists to attempt to strengthen your obvious blinckered ideas you have realy reached  the depths.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:30 pm

My point about drones is we responsible people get punished, a nugget regardless of paying or not will still cause problems, my point was the government just looking for an excuse to get money out of us , for what
A license makes no difference as a deterrent
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:32 pm

It was an example, not to discuss drones or whether we should fly them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uk Roads etc etc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uk Roads etc etc   Uk Roads etc etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Uk Roads etc etc
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next