Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
More light for distance flyer Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
More light for distance flyer Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
More light for distance flyer Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
More light for distance flyer Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
More light for distance flyer Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
More light for distance flyer Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
More light for distance flyer Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
More light for distance flyer Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
More light for distance flyer Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) More light for distance flyer 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 69 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 69 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.More light for distance flyer Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
More light for distance flyer Vote_lcapMore light for distance flyer Voting_barMore light for distance flyer Vote_rcap 
David
More light for distance flyer Vote_lcapMore light for distance flyer Voting_barMore light for distance flyer Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
More light for distance flyer Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
More light for distance flyer Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

More light for distance flyer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

More light for distance flyer Empty
PostSubject: More light for distance flyer   More light for distance flyer EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 3:20 pm

Hi,
I came to know about one of senior and successful flyer. one told me that he turn lights on dusk and keep them on till midnight, he said that is his secrete for long distance races bounce
Giving them more light hours, does it make any difference in performance ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.pakpipa.com
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: More light for distance flyer   More light for distance flyer EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 3:25 pm

May delay the moult by extending daylight hours, hold their flights into the season, also enable them to eat longer into the night if building them up, that's my thoughts anyway. But less hours of darkness to rest too.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: More light for distance flyer   More light for distance flyer EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 3:59 pm

yeah as colin says all about holding the flights in the wing and stopping the moult
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: More light for distance flyer   More light for distance flyer EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Our Pigeons molt naturally before race season.so molt looks not a factor, but yeah feeding more is logical

barnie wrote:
May delay the moult by extending

daylight hours, hold their flights into the season, also enable them to eat longer into the night if building them up, that's my thoughts anyway. But less hours of darkness to rest too.
Back to top Go down
tanveerhbaig
Chipping
Chipping
tanveerhbaig

PostSubject: Re: More light for distance flyer   More light for distance flyer EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Thank you Darren
oldstrain wrote:
yeah as colin says all about holding the flights in the wing and stopping the moult
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: More light for distance flyer   More light for distance flyer EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 4:49 pm

pigeons will start to drop flights on the second nest ,widowhood are split before 2nd round ,usually when 2nd round eggs are 7/10 days old well before they are due to hatch
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: More light for distance flyer   More light for distance flyer EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 7:33 pm

Wild birds moult so that they have the best feathering to cope with the Winter months, when they have to forage further for food and cope with the cold.

Eventually going against nature ends in tears.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: More light for distance flyer   More light for distance flyer EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 1:24 am

tanveerhbaig wrote:
Hi,
I came to know about one of senior and successful flyer. one told me that he turn lights on dusk and keep them on till midnight, he said that is his secrete for long distance races bounce
Giving them more light hours, does it make any difference in performance ?

Thanks
Well Tanveer Very Happy Very Happy I would never say here bounce bounce the mans maybe pulling your chain type of thing there Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "the Rome scenario"  Smile  Smile But, really speaking Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes save your money there etc from my experience down here with your power bill Wink Wink as the only time I ever left my lights on for our distance type events was to clock night flyers in well after sunset or even well before sunrise etc  Wink  Wink End of the day thou  Smile  Smile nature has birds flying in the dark for their own reasons & survival at times I suggest, so maybe best I suspect in some ways to just take heed how they go about doing things for their own reasons & self interest factor  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More light for distance flyer   More light for distance flyer Empty

Back to top Go down

More light for distance flyer
Page 1 of 1