Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Throat Theory  Emptyby David Today at 1:54 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Throat Theory  Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Throat Theory  Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» Weather today
Throat Theory  Emptyby David Today at 1:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Throat Theory  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Throat Theory  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Throat Theory  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Throat Theory  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Throat Theory  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Throat Theory  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 100 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 98 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Throat Theory  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Throat Theory  Vote_lcapThroat Theory  Voting_barThroat Theory  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222669 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Throat Theory  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Throat Theory  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Throat Theory

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 10:46 pm

read this on jeremy davies one loft group......he posted it but i dont think it originates from him , members may find it interesting .

“ The Throat Theory “
I am getting messaged a fair bit about this since I mentioned it on my post below.
I first came across this many years ago the late Frank Tasker was a very strict selector regards the throat.
I think the main thing when I look in a throat of a pigeon is health the colour the tonsils the curtain line down the centre of the tonsils and how it’s breathing etc.
Myself I have handled thousands of one loft pigeons many National winners here and in Europe and looking in there throat I always see a good to excellent throat in a Champion.

Of course you still need many other factors but without health and condition a pigeon is never going to perform on tough races.
Of course there are many theories throat , eye , wing , feet etc but the throat with breeding to match is No 1 for me.
A good YouTube video link below explaining about the throat which explains in detail is the link below.
Also I have updated my post below with more information on the rpra link for Dave Smith from Birkenhead how he became to enter the Rpra one loft race etc.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 5:41 am

David wrote:
read this on jeremy davies one loft group......he posted it but i dont think it originates from him , members may find it interesting .

“ The Throat Theory “
I am getting messaged a fair bit about this since I mentioned it on my post below.
I first came across this many years ago the late Frank Tasker was a very strict selector regards the throat.
I think the main thing when I look in a throat of a pigeon is health the colour the tonsils the curtain line down the centre of the tonsils and how it’s breathing etc.
Myself I have handled thousands of one loft pigeons many National winners here and in Europe and looking in there throat I always see a good to excellent throat in a Champion.

Of course you still need many other factors but without health and condition a pigeon is never going to perform on tough races.
Of course there are many theories throat , eye , wing , feet etc but the throat with breeding to match is No 1 for me.
A good YouTube video link below explaining about the throat which explains in detail is the link below.
Also I have updated my post below with more information on the rpra link for Dave Smith from Birkenhead how he became to enter the Rpra one loft race etc.

Pay to give some credence David with this one etc Smile Smile Many theories here I'm quite happy to throw out with the trash as such bounce bounce but not this one on average, as it has logic & merit from my perspective Wink Wink End of the day thou  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes who would want to be a poor old pigeon  lol!  lol!  lol! if half your life was spent  bounce  bounce having someone ripping your mouth apart for pleasures sake  Very Happy  Very Happy.   cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 8:43 am

yes alot to be said about the throat for state of health
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 10:26 am

Vents, eyes, throat, keel, wings, tail, heart beat, colour of breast, You name it and there will be a theory somewhere about.

The one I believe in is the pigeon that can do what I require irespective of any other consideration.

Theories a complete load of rubbish when compaired with facts.

Bet you could have a pigeon with all the so called theories that help to win and it would be hard pressed to fly onto the roof.

Had a real eye opener when studied the methods of IMBRECE (Spelling ?) German fancier and one of the best.

Loft above a working cow shed, roof had a wire mesh with cobwebs you could swing from, a cat often walked above the area, loft cleaned out, by the looks every other centuary, litter could be anything but certainly not scraped out every day.

I believe he built a new loft and never repeated his previous feats.

See what you have started David with a simple question.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 1:27 am

MISTY wrote:
Vents, eyes, throat, keel, wings, tail, heart beat, colour of breast, You name it and there will be a theory somewhere about.

The one I believe in is the pigeon that can do what I require irespective of any other consideration.

Theories a complete load of rubbish when compaired with facts.

Bet you could have a pigeon with all the so called theories that help to win and it would be hard pressed to fly onto the roof.

Had a real eye opener when studied the methods of IMBRECE (Spelling ?) German fancier and one of the best.

Loft above a working cow shed, roof had a wire mesh with cobwebs you could swing from, a cat often walked above the area, loft cleaned out, by the looks every other centuary, litter could be anything but certainly not scraped out every day.

I believe he built a new loft and never repeated his previous feats.

See what you have started David with a simple question.

Regards.
Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! just as well Armageddon is coming etc
Misty Very Happy Very Happy gives you something to believe in there type of thing Wink Wink Very Happy Very Happy Final note Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes wouldn't by chance now (just to upset the theory types) maybe have a magic type mix in your memory bank there, that could somehow be the next great thing in a pigeon feed sense here  Smile Smile. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 11:14 am

i dont really see the throat as a theory ,not for the health of a bird anyway i think its fact regards that matter as there are certain pointers but it does not i believe give an indication of its ability but thats just my thoughts atb
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 12:40 pm

As my friend who I bought beans by the half ton from along with maize etc; some 50 years ago, (he had a little pet shop in town at that time, but subsequently started a pet business called Four Oaks and started  importing all types of animal feed including pigeon feed). would confirm, for the past 35 years I bought 0ne bag of trapping mixture, one bag of young bird mix including maize, one small bag of linseed, one small bag of hemp, and a medium bag of pea nuts, rape was already in the trapping mix.

I mixed the linseed, hemp and the pea nuts, keeping a few of the latter as treats with the trapping mix.

The pigeons got equal amounts of both mixtures EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR.

Never had any health problems at  all.

Pigeons both at showing and racing did all I could have wished for.

Never ever sent a pigeon to race hungry.

Often a fanciers basketing would comment on pigeons obviously having been fed,
always said see how far you will be  behind in the race.

Thats my contribution to feeding Knackered.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 1:05 pm

These on 50% farm beans 50% general race mix with a handful of canary seed each day, as much as they want till they start leaving beans, fed am and pm. clean water every morning and let out now and again to do as they please till clocks change then probably won't get out till around february.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 4:07 pm

Should have menntioned garlic, crushed segment in the water all the time, and lime  and sharp sand deep litter.

Think all helped to get a far better immune system over a long period.

Not to mention grit and black minerals.

But also think the pigeons being on open hole got plenty of what they know is good for them whilst all over  the garden and probably contributed to their good health and well being more than my efforts.  

Funny thing is the pigeons had access to the pond and could drink from there but the garlic water had to be changed as often as if clear water was used and the young were used to garlic from birth, never bothered cleaning the drinkers very often, if you use clinical methods you will always have health problems.

Treated the canaries in a similar manner as the pigeons, bred them for over 40 years with no health problems.

Always said, KEEP THINGS SIMPLE AND AS NEAR TO NATURE AS POSSIBLE.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 1:25 am

barnie wrote:
These on 50% farm beans 50% general race mix with a handful of canary seed each day, as much as they want till they start leaving beans, fed am and pm. clean water every morning and let out now and again to do as they please till clocks change then probably won't get out till around february.
Smile Smile how could that be so Barnie Wink Wink lol! lol! lol! experts every where etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes telling us all bounce bounce Beans/Peas are poison as such these days & many of us are still apparently sadly feeding the same old way as in the past as such  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 11:12 am

Nothing wrong with beans barnie if they work for you.

Long ago when pigeons were far healthier than those of today beans ( sometimes even horse beans) along with dog tooth maize was the order of the day, never heard of a pigeon dying from bean poisoning but did hear one flew from Rome.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 2:26 am

MISTY wrote:

Long ago when pigeons were far healthier than those of today beans ( sometimes even horse beans) along with dog tooth maize was the order of the day, never heard of a pigeon dying from bean poisoning but did hear one flew from Rome.

Regards.
The experts of today say thou Misty Smile Smile apparently they were all just plodder/homer types by todays standards etc on average, which maybe lol! lol! lol! could be the problem with our races just finished I suspect bounce bounce & seeing as they have been so slow in nature there Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad as perhaps Jeremy somehow has been feeding them all up on beans, beans, beans type of thing to get the result he did Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 11:09 am

Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.
The experts of today say thou Misty Smile Smile apparently they were all just plodder/homer types by todays standards etc on average, which maybe lol! lol! lol! could be the problem with our races just finished I suspect bounce bounce & seeing as they have been so slow in nature there Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad as perhaps Jeremy somehow has been feeding them all up on beans, beans, beans type of thing to get the result he did Wink Wink. cheers
Read some very interesting articles regarding velocities etc; and racing pigeons.

The one I thought the most sensible went along the lines, the fastest pigeon may never win a race.

They set off and the fastest pigeons take the lead and are ahead for three quarters of the race but tire out and are overtaken by the nexr fastest, they are overtaken by the plodders who win.

Along  with all the other senarios that could be involved.

FUNNY OLD GAME.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 12:47 am

MISTY wrote:
Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.
Read some very interesting articles regarding velocities etc; and racing pigeons.

The one I thought the most sensible went along the lines, the fastest pigeon may never win a race.

They set off and the fastest pigeons take the lead and are ahead for three quarters of the race but tire out and are overtaken by the nexr fastest, they are overtaken by the plodders who win.

Along  with all the other senarios that could be involved.

FUNNY OLD GAME.

Regards.
Certain logic with that type thinking/scenario I suggest maybe Misty Smile Smile Bit pointless thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes when you think about it in a distance sense Very Happy Very Happy is one supposed to forget the first ones home on race day Wink Wink & only clock the later ones to give out the prizes & to make it somehow a fair result in the end Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Throat Theory  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throat Theory    Throat Theory  Empty

Back to top Go down

Throat Theory
Page 1 of 1