Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Help/advice needed  Emptyby David Today at 1:54 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Help/advice needed  Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Help/advice needed  Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» Weather today
Help/advice needed  Emptyby David Today at 1:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Help/advice needed  Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Help/advice needed  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
Help/advice needed  Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Help/advice needed  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Help/advice needed  Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Help/advice needed  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 108 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 106 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Help/advice needed  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Help/advice needed  Vote_lcapHelp/advice needed  Voting_barHelp/advice needed  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Help/advice needed  Vote_lcapHelp/advice needed  Voting_barHelp/advice needed  Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222669 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Help/advice needed  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Help/advice needed  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Help/advice needed

Go down 
+3
oldstrain
MISTY
barnie
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Help/advice needed  Empty
PostSubject: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 11:18 am

Had a young cock last year given to me from a good friend this cock was a darkness youngster everything was ok till he started to moult and his droppings went wet this year I have had 6 young birds from him all ok but the droppings still wet gone through the moult ok eating and drinking ok body weight ok but some days firmer and others wet treated him for everything any ideas please
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 4:03 pm

Are they fed once a day?
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 4:15 pm

markevans wrote:
Had a young cock last year given to me from a good friend this cock was a darkness youngster everything was ok till he started to moult and his droppings went wet this year I have had 6 young birds from him all ok but the droppings still wet gone through the moult ok eating and drinking ok body weight ok but some days firmer and others wet treated him for everything any ideas please

If it was me I would feed him just beans for a few days.

If droppings become firm the cause could be something in the feed that disagrees with him.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 4:57 pm

i had a cock and his droppings were always wet when parted but when back with his hen all was ok again,could be change of feed maybe ?
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 5:00 pm

my birds had wet and green droppings read it was dehydration i had put new drinkers in so took them out put old drinker back and droppings are back to normal
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 7:46 pm

This cock is the same all year round droppings from soft to wet with his hen or not he’s had a good moult with no frets in the past 12 months he’s been treated for everything I no most will disagree but you have to try things
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 7:48 pm

maybe just something inherited from his parents mark, maybe the breeder has this problem too ......probably nothing to worry about if the pigeon is healthy .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 8:28 pm

markevans wrote:
This cock is the same all year round droppings from soft to wet with his hen or not he’s had a good moult with no frets in the past 12 months he’s been treated for everything I no most will disagree but you have to try things
Nice as he may be Mark I suspect Smile Smile his a dud in certain ways from my perspective here. 12 months of treatment Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & your still looking for a remedy apparently Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Reminds me Smile Smile of a certain world renowned local Vet. Who pushes many magic type potions for the unwary from his war chest Smile Smile but next year is somehow having a year off apparently again, because this year's race results on average were rather embarrassing by seasons end somewhat in many local expert eyes here Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 8:50 pm

Knackered wrote:
markevans wrote:
Nice as he may be Mark I suspect Smile Smile his a dud in certain ways from my perspective here. 12 months of treatment Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & your still looking for a remedy apparently Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Reminds me Smile Smile of a certain world renowned local Vet. Who pushes many magic type potions for the unwary from his war chest Smile Smile but next year is somehow having a year off apparently again, because this year's race results on average were rather embarrassing by seasons end somewhat in many local expert eyes here Wink Wink. cheers

Cannot understand fanciers Knackered.

Stuffingv everything other than the kitchenn sink down their throat all year round and wonder why they have problems.

Never had a sick pigeon for over 50 years other than the odd one going light and never used any of either the aids to win nor preventatives, the only way to have healthy pigeons is to reinforce their natural immune system instead of ruining it by bad practice filling them with every kind of rubbish they can lay their hands on.

Hard to do initially but well worth it in the long run.

I would not believe anyone with a clinical loft and putting rubbish down their throats who says they do not have health problems and constant worries.

Fanciers too interested in aids to win and preventatives instead of good food, happy pigeons and lofts to suit pigeons and not fancier friends.

Read an article once, BACK TO BASICS. good read.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2022 9:44 pm

MISTY wrote:
Knackered wrote:
markevans wrote:

Cannot understand fanciers Knackered.

Stuffingv everything other than the kitchenn sink down their throat all year round and wonder why they have problems.

Never had a sick pigeon for over 50 years other than the odd one going light and never used any of either the aids to win nor preventatives, the only way to have healthy pigeons is to reinforce their natural immune system instead of ruining it by bad practice filling them with every kind of rubbish they can lay their hands on.

Hard to do initially but well worth it in the long run.

I would not believe anyone with a clinical loft and putting  rubbish down their throats who says they do not have health problems and constant worries.

Fanciers too interested in aids to win and preventatives instead of good food, happy pigeons and lofts to suit pigeons and not fancier friends.

Read an article once, BACK TO BASICS. good read.

Regards.

Tough as nails Smile Smile pigeons in general Wink Wink I've found in my time here Misty. Pigeons I'm affraid now thou ruined these days by the magic potion brigade unfortunately from my perspective. Know champions here Smile Smile when in honest mode, tell you they know absolutely nothing about or use what can come in a bottle as a magic type elixir for the unwary types on race day. Always say here Smile Smile find an expert in a pigeon sense bounce bounce who knows every thing about everything on the potion side, start running as fast as you can type of thing & don't look backwards. Now Smile Smile for you potion men here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes truth be told, yes Very Happy Very Happy I'm guilty as charged, just like you I'm  affraid  But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'm stuck in the past on the magic potion side here when required bounce bounce as I'm still a great believer even today somehow in Levi with his wisdom factor & his basic type everyday magic with pigeons when he kept his 20/30,000 odd pigeon flock healthy & profitable, back when  Wink Wink.   cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 10:15 am

Saddest thing about our sport if you want to win , you have to be selective, I love all animals, although some have to be controlled.

Pigeons no different.

Would give anything to look out the window and see a few old favourites enjoying life.

So, initially any sign of trouble or lack of that which is required OUT, matters not pedigree or townie looks or anything else.

Initially I culled pigeons I had paid good money for and travelled miles to get.

In marks case would never attempt to cure it.

You can only build a house on firm foundtions using the best materials or at some time BANG and at the same time ensure regular maintenance.

To my mind chopping and changing leads to double trouble.

You have to sort out the bad apples before they ruin the loft they are in.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 10:49 am

i will give for going light but nothing else
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 11:43 am

George & Morgan wrote:
i will give for going light  but nothing else

Same George.

One Old Hand Tablet, White Seque I think, still have small bottle.

Although only once.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 11:49 am

always have it at hand may only use it once a year but it do work

Help/advice needed  P1040213
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 1:20 pm

i think one of the main ingredients for white sesqui is bicarb of soda ?......could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 1:24 pm

think i checked that out before will have a look
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 1:29 pm

with the hen that got sour crop , i massaged the crop and held the bird upside down....all horrible watery stuff came out, i then syringed bicarb and water down its throat and got it all out again to clean the crop out.........then i gave 2 charcoal tablets per day for a week.

seemed to do the trick .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 2:32 pm

David wrote:
i think one of the main ingredients for white sesqui is bicarb of soda ?......could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 4:20 pm

going light/cocci overload...but whats the root cause Suspect ,canker,worms are the ones i treated for ...some worms are not seen with the naked eye and worms are a problem especially in a damp climate like ours ,to say not to treat is wrong for me as some racers can pick up stuff in the basket and once treated are fine and back on track,a repeat offender is a different issue though and would not entertain such for the sake of the team,i honestly dont recall ever having a bird go light and never treated for cocci as they will live with a certain level of it but when theres a underlying problem it will manifest itself and they go light ,funny game this pigeon lark as one size never fits all eh confused
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 4:32 pm

i tried to cure a bird with canker it did not work and had to dispose of him he was best bird i had it was then i made up my mind would treat no more sick birds other than going light have a hen with a problem with her vent she was a gift from a loft who were fanciers of the year in NI i will see if i can get a photo of her she don't seem in pain but will not let her lay now
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 4:59 pm

did you use tablet or powder in the drinker george,maybe you got there to late or the bird needed a 7 day treatment in the water ,who knows without microscope evidence ,what made you think canker was the problem george,maybe canker was secondary and there was another problem ...hope the hen recovers ,is she in egg Suspect
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 5:10 pm

with the hen i did think it was a egg but been like it for some time she also laid when still swollen
as for the cock his mouth had yellow like paste a chap who is dead now recommended what to use he sold the treatments
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 5:12 pm

how would i tell if it is a egg that may sound silly but she did lay in summer when like this
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 5:18 pm

this is her

Help/advice needed  P1000121
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2022 5:21 pm

oldstrain wrote:
did you use tablet or powder in the drinker george,maybe you got there to late or the bird needed a 7 day treatment in the water ,who knows without microscope evidence ,what made you think canker was the problem george,maybe canker was secondary and there was another problem ...hope the hen recovers ,is she in egg Suspect
chap who sold me the treatment was called Nigel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help/advice needed    Help/advice needed  Empty

Back to top Go down

Help/advice needed
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next