Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
When are members pairing up............? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
When are members pairing up............? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
When are members pairing up............? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
When are members pairing up............? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
When are members pairing up............? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
When are members pairing up............? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
When are members pairing up............? Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
When are members pairing up............? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
When are members pairing up............? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) When are members pairing up............? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 121 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 121 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.When are members pairing up............? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
When are members pairing up............? Vote_lcapWhen are members pairing up............? Voting_barWhen are members pairing up............? Vote_rcap 
David
When are members pairing up............? Vote_lcapWhen are members pairing up............? Voting_barWhen are members pairing up............? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
When are members pairing up............? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
When are members pairing up............? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

When are members pairing up............?

Go down 
+4
steve1952
kev d
Rene A
David
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

When are members pairing up............? Empty
PostSubject: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:38 pm

i know its a bit early to ask maybe, but have members any idea what date they are pairing up.....? think i paired sometime at the end of december last season so maybe do the same this year scratch
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:41 pm

mine will be put together on boxing day this year as i want 2 rounds before i start using the roundabout
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:42 pm

hi david , for me its middle of feb when the day light is a little longer
remember this season david when you had probs with them laying
to cold for me but every one to there own .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:48 pm

kev d wrote:
hi david , for me its middle of feb when the day light is a little longer
remember this season david when you had probs with them laying
to cold for me but every one to there own .

yes i certainly do kev, i had 22 eggs and only 8 hatched from them...........this was the start of my rubbish season and nothing seemed to go right after that.

i was just talking to a fancier on the phone an hour ago and he said he pairs up the nearest saturday to 7th feb, and as you pionted out he too said the weather is better. and usually will get a better hatch,
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:54 pm

unless you are a realy good yb flyer and put them on the darkness to compeat
then pairing up early is a waste of time it just cost you more on corn plus if you work
there is not enough time in the day to let them out when you come home from work
and like you said it is slighty warmer in feb , this season i had one of the best hatches
ive had in years .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:58 pm

thing is tho kev, i only have 8 or 9 2010 cocks to race as old birds........and no old cocks so they will be my widowhood team, if i want to do well with my ybs should i breed early ? i intend to have them on the dark and cocks and hens seperated from weaning.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:11 pm

if you pair up in feb like me you can still put them on the dark system
sayfrom from early april to the longest day 21st june they will still hold there flights
and cover flights and there only on it for about 7 or 8 weeks .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:15 pm

think mine went on dark when clocks altered kev, then came of on longest day......birds have just started moulting this week so they could have raced the full season.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:57 am

feb/march im pairing up next year, stock at home jan 1st round not racing
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:44 pm

If you want the special races the best time to pair up early december first or second week and the youngsters straight on the dark then put the young cocks on widowhood
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:04 pm

as always boxing day
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 6:31 pm

if i paired up begining of feb and then put them onto dark, will they be on long enough if i take them off on the longest day.....? and will they still hold flights ?
Back to top Go down
glen wilkinson
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:17 pm

iv been talking to my brother to day and we are going to pair are birds up on about the 10th december thats the stock birds race team about jan after blackpool
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:24 pm

do you fly your old birds on widowhood glen ? or roundabout/natural.....?
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:20 pm

january plenty time maybe febuary am in no hurry thats for sure
Back to top Go down
glen wilkinson
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:02 pm

im going to try roundabout this year david my dad and brother fly it with good results so i think i give it a go
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:49 pm

it hink if i race old birds ill stick to standard widowhood for a while as roundabout seems a lot more work involved and a lot more to learn to do it right......... Razz
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:39 pm

You need a few DVD's on this subject, must say get it right the system can get results
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:41 pm

It's one way of racing the hens and not wasting good hens
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:44 pm

thats the only thing about just standard widowhood don, i always thought it was a waste of good hens by them not racing..............but i think roundabout will be beyond me for a while....... Embarassed geek lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Once you have got a good team round you get a few DVD's just to get the first steps then give it a try, when you can mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:01 am

if i race old birds 2011 i will only have 8 or 9 yearling cocks for widowhood so i think ill go steady with them and not send to every race............
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:04 am

David that is a good amount to play with you will have more fun with 8/9 birds than having a team of 30+

You will bond better with your birds
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:08 am

bonded really weel with the cocks now don, when i feed them they are sat all over me, on mt head, shoulders on my leg etc.........every one of them is all over me and fighting each other to get on me, i even have to physically pull them apart when they are fighting........its been easier to stop two dogs from fighting than these cocks, tha thing is tho don they are not afraid of me at all and seem as tho they completely trust me and treat me as one of the group/family lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:13 am

That is spot on mate you have just won you first race, would say use this and make them work as a team and not as individuals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When are members pairing up............?   When are members pairing up............? Empty

Back to top Go down

When are members pairing up............?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next