Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
droppers and there uses Emptyby David Today at 6:37 pm

» Good Morning
droppers and there uses Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:15 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
droppers and there uses Emptyby David Today at 1:53 pm

» escaped birds return
droppers and there uses Emptyby David Today at 1:51 pm

» good luck weekend
droppers and there uses Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
droppers and there uses Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
droppers and there uses Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
droppers and there uses Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
droppers and there uses Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) droppers and there uses 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 88 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.droppers and there uses Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
droppers and there uses Vote_lcapdroppers and there uses Voting_bardroppers and there uses Vote_rcap 
David
droppers and there uses Vote_lcapdroppers and there uses Voting_bardroppers and there uses Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222677 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
droppers and there uses Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
droppers and there uses Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

droppers and there uses

Go down 
+3
IANYOUNG
David
highflyerboy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

droppers and there uses Empty
PostSubject: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:10 pm

do you racer men use many droppers and do you float many eggs under them?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:13 pm

ive never used droppers in the past and arnt at the moment, but by what ive read/been told by our members it would be worth giving it some thought for future racing as i did have a problem once from an open race this season just gone....... scratch
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:14 pm

cant do without david need them for the short races
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:26 pm

i need them to bring birds down while training as some young high flyers dont want to come down untill there on there last legs! first time up is the worst as they have too much energy i can only give them 5 mins then its out with the droppers next time 10 mins and so on but once there doing 40 mins there almost ready to start serious training
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:09 pm

there only good for trappers for me nothing else but i do like the different colours and variety you can get
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:20 pm

fantails are good for floating eggs and youngbirds ray
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:29 pm

never used them for that but i will maybe
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Always had fantails for droppers the best thing for trapping
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:21 am

might consider using one as a trapper, but wouldnt use them to feed racers........ No
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:34 am

I've never quite got that aspect of it David, as in why does a fantail need to feed a racers baby? Probably a stupid question Embarassed
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:46 am

well, ive heard that some fancy breeds have very short beaks and cant feed their own ybs.....i know a fantails beak is bigger but i doubt very much if id let them rear racing ybs, unless something had happened to the racer parents.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:37 am

I see david, and yes I have one thats a short nosed pigeon...tiny little beak/head
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:38 am

i like to see some of the fancy breeds but i dont think id like to keep any of them......
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:43 am

I never intended to at first, but i got them from the bloke from iran, i do like them, different characters to the racers, ones a right cocky little bird. will get some pics of them, this short nosed one looks like army camo lol! not sure what they call it. When I have the new stock loft they are coming out of the 2nd yb section and going in the shed the stock birds are in at the moment
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:25 pm

They are a good thing droppers they can help out loads with the youngsters
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 3:57 pm

floating eggs means you can breed more from your best birds without wearing them out as droppers become the surrogate parents
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:30 pm

So if you float them, what makes the droppers want to look after them? surely they have to want to be sitting?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Alex wrote:
So if you float them, what makes the droppers want to look after them? surely they have to want to be sitting?
you pair the trappers the same time , then take the eggs of them and put your wanted eggs under them it allows the pair to lay again earlier
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Ah, I get it now, thanks Ian Very Happy Just by the way I hear it being said, theres no talk of the droppers paired thats why I thought that.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 7:41 pm

ah right , no you have to pair them up around the same time and float eggs within a couple of days of each other
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 pm

what are they then, feeders or droppers...............or both. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:54 pm

You could say they are both
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:03 am

corn gobblers............ lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:43 am

Gives a good use for birds you generally wouldnt want ybs off when your only intrest is racing, getting the fantails to float some eggs...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:48 am

i think if i did use a fantail as a dropper it would be only one bird, i dont see any need for more..........and if i wanted to float eggs id put them under racers which i didnt want to breed from or i`d got enough from...... drunken drunken bom santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: droppers and there uses   droppers and there uses Empty

Back to top Go down

droppers and there uses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next