Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 99 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 99 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Vote_lcapDamp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Voting_barDamp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Vote_lcapDamp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Voting_barDamp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Damp under bowls..../

Go down 
+7
IANYOUNG
Ginger
peel bros
kev d
Alex
David
stu H
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:09 pm

no ,when i clean my boxes out i lift the youn uns up and put them in the other side of the box when they are bigger, i stroke them to get them used to me as well. sounds daft but i think it helps you get a bond with your birds
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:09 pm

I saw someones loft and also knew someone who has a pair of really old birds and just keeps them as pets these days... After that I was straight at the club putting the race rubbers on and striking the spare clock Laughing before I had hardly begun to keep them.

Yes David, got our 6 pairs of stock birds Very Happy Will be well away with them once they start breeding....Intresting to see how the ybs perform Very Happy All the stock birds we have have been raced and had some good positions, so I dont think we will have too much problems with the ybs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:11 pm

DAVID wrote:
the rpra go round schools and fairs alex, but to my way of thinking its a waste of time and money....................but then again what do you expect from the rpra.

They should David....You see, for someone whos never thought of racing pigeons before its just that....you dont think, not till you have seen them, or heard alot about them to be motivated enough to want to keep them.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:12 pm

ian wrote:
DAVID wrote:
the rpra go round schools and fairs alex, but to my way of thinking its a waste of time and money....................but then again what do you expect from the rpra.
why do you say its a waste of money

because they have paid for a massive big trailer which they take round the country in the hope of attracting young people/children to get interested in pigeons........what a waste,
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Alex wrote:
DAVID wrote:

They should David....You see, for someone whos never thought of racing pigeons before its just that....you dont think, not till you have seen them, or heard alot about them to be motivated enough to want to keep them.

id like to see how mant kids take up pigeon keeping out of the ones they speal to..... No
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:15 pm

even if one or two out of a hundred then its worth while
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:17 pm

ian wrote:
even if one or two out of a hundred then its worth while

No No no it isnt..................... drunken cat elephant
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:19 pm

yes it is theres few enough coming into the sport as it is
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Ray your on the right road thear I do that and have done it for a long time stroke your birds in the nest you tame them down they are not frightend of you and that stays with them so you dont have to chase them around just go in play with them then pick them up for a race

Last edited by Ginger169 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:25 pm

i was about 14 when i got intrested then when i got to the drinking age i got in to
a different kind of birds lost intrest for a few years now im married with kids the pigeons are my release
from every day stress once you have the bug it stays with you , enjoy while you can alex .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:28 pm

ian wrote:

yes yoyr right about that ian, but i think our money could be better spent..........maybe on something which will benefit us like fighting the rspb/bops/hawks etc...
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:35 pm

the only way is by making a advert for tv or radio and let the nation see what
goes on and what pleasures it brings by being involved in pigeons and what the pigeons are up against
when racing home . i think the best age group are the early retirements with time on the hands .
but tv and radio are the only way straight in to peoples homes .
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:40 pm

DAVID wrote:
ian wrote:

yes yoyr right about that ian, but i think our money could be better spent..........maybe on something which will benefit us like fighting the rspb/bops/hawks etc...
you know people go on about birds of prey but us pigeon fanciers cull more every year think about it
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:51 pm

yes we CULL them not rip them apart and eat them alive
the hawks have been bread to live in places where not used to living in towns and citys .
there breeding places are suposed to on cliff egdes on the coast now there every where
the rspb tell lies every time when they spout the numbers of percy,s they always give false numbers never up to date figures they tell there members to put up bird tables but all there doing is feeding the hawks
if you have to feed the birds put your bird table out of the way so the hawks can,t get a clear strike on it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:49 am

i dont think we the pigeon fancier and the rspb have a clue on how many sparrow hawks there are now, everyone has experrience some sort of attack and some more than others.............if you havnt your very lucky but im afraid you will soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:02 am

Will have to just hope there arent many bop atacks for me......thats all I can do No
Back to top Go down
stu H
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:15 pm

Thanks for tips on the nest bowls I like to WISH MEMBERS A HAPPY NEW YEAR
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:24 pm

Everyones pleased to help out mate Very Happy Happy new year to you too cheers
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Got my combi rings today David....comparing them to a GB06 ring, The GB11's are more orangy gold coloured..
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 4:01 pm

Ginger169 wrote:
The way you can help stop it is the way I have done for the last few years when i put my bowls in I get the round beer mates and put a few drops of criacyot if thats the you spell it to me it keeps moths and lice/mite out as well if your birds are doing that now its because they are sitting tight with the cold weather and its swet that dose it

Another thing that may helps the lice situation and this is only what i have heard is to place a peace of bitumin felt under the nesting bowls this helps stop lice also

Have seen it used but have not used it myself
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 4:38 pm

every DEAD bird ov prey is a good one !
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:39 pm

stu H wrote:
Thanks for tips on the nest bowls I like to WISH MEMBERS A HAPPY NEW YEAR

happy new year to you stuart, hope you have a good season in 2011 too........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
glen wilkinson
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:17 pm

i have mine on the small plastic grills
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:18 pm

glen have you paired up yet
Back to top Go down
glen wilkinson
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:21 pm

ian wrote:
glen have you paired up yet
no starting tomorrow after iv finished jabbing my dads birds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damp under bowls..../
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next