Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 134 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 133 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Vote_lcapDamp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Voting_barDamp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Vote_lcapDamp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Voting_barDamp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Damp under bowls..../

Go down 
+7
IANYOUNG
Ginger
peel bros
kev d
Alex
David
stu H
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:05 pm

it is the cold on they clay type bowls that causes the damp to be drawn to them
i use dyaton for red mite lice etc under the bowls
i also made these for the drinkers great in my lofts as i use deep litter
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 IMG_1503
i also hate the grit,minerals etc getting soild by the birds so added these to the drinker stand
Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 IMG_1504
it is same on both sides made them to take 2 pick stones each side
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:21 pm

they are spot on steve, i use the laysoft horse bedding and it gets all in the drinker......these are ideal for the water and the mineral pots, i could do with copying them myself............

i have one of these minearal/pickstones in their nestboxes all the time for my birds, but as i said earlier sometimes they draw the moisture out of the air when its cold and when it freezes thats when i think it makes it damp.
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:23 pm

i made these a while ago with using deep litter
donated afew to few of the shows for raffle prizes and they seem to have been a hit with some fanciers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:29 pm

think i`ll try make something similar steve, i have a wooden reel which is from electrical wire but yours is a better idea.......

is the front and back 18 ml ply and the top 9 or 12 ml ply.....? also the wire where the pots are is it bob wires and if so do they move when the bird puts its head through...? if not what is it ?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:29 pm

think i`ll try make something similar steve, i have a wooden reel which is from electrical wire but yours is a better idea.......

is the front and back 18 ml ply and the top 9 or 12 ml ply.....? also the wire where the pots are is it bob wires and if so do they move when the bird puts its head through...? if not what is it ?
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:32 pm

yes david sides center and base are 18mm ply top is 12mm
you could use bob wires but i had some alloy welding rods so used them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:36 pm

this is the thing with using the laysoft, it gets in the drinkers......im off the crowthers this week to renew the laysoft i have been using before pairing up so if i get my traps finished i`ll have a go at making some of these stands as i already have most of the ply i will need left over....
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:38 pm

mine were made from off cuts from when i make the nest boxes
i dont throw owt away
make all the mouse traps from offcuts aswell
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:40 pm

same here steve, i never thorough bits of wood away........... lol! i only bought a 8 x 6 sheet of ply for 12 pound and this will make all 3 traps with plenty left over......the rest is wood i had saved from previous projects........ lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:40 pm

all those bits and pieces always come in handy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damp under bowls..../   Damp under bowls..../ - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damp under bowls..../
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3