Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:39 am

» escaped birds return
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:22 am

» good luck weekend
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:16 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:10 am

» Good Morning
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:15 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

» Scandalous .......
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 116 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 115 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Vote_lcapbest pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Voting_barbest pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Vote_lcapbest pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Voting_barbest pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222665 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

best pigeon I have ever handled

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Totally agree Ian, I think thats the bigest mistake new flyers make, they feed them and do the everyday chores when it suits them, birds like routeen and expect to msee you same time every day, when you dont show up they get stressed and thats when the droppings change and problems arise.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:59 pm

rudderfett wrote:
Totally agree Ian, I think thats the bigest mistake new flyers make, they feed them and do the everyday chores when it suits them, birds like routeen and expect to msee you same time every day, when you dont show up they get stressed and thats when the droppings change and problems arise.
thanks for the advice will definitely be more aware of this im allways there or there abouts but will be bang on here on in
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 4:25 pm

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy Theres a chap in my old club had a mealy cock, when you handled him he would struggle all the time at marking, his birds are flown on open hole and he never goes in the loft they are crazy wild birds like streeters, that mealy won lots of races fed positions too from overseas long distance races, so you do get them to win.

we all hear or get told regular feeding and routine is very important, and i normally i would say the same, but according to what martyn has just told us its not always the case is it.......

if they were liberated for exercise just when the fancier saw fit, maybe this wouldnt suit the birds........

another thing is, nearly every pigeon man i know has a section for stock, a section for oldbird race team and a section for ybs.........and usually half a dozen other sections too, i know a fancier who has just one section where all birds run togeather in one big community......old, stock and young and he does very well racing them, if birds are happy, content and feel safe this is more important thanbig facy set ups and methods......
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:40 pm

what martyn has just said doesnt suggest that the man didnt have a routine i bet he fed and watered them the same time everyday and i bet he opened up the open trap and closed it the same time every day
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Yes Ian Bang on, The other thing I didnt mention is just what david said, not only does the fancier have open hole, but he has 1 section and the old and young, stock and racers run together, they are happy, wild but happy, and another thing his loft has 9 years worth of poo on the floor totally dry and like dust. Also the nest boxes are so full from year on year breeding the birds are almost touching the roof of the boxes, but again dry and an airy loft. I think its a bit much but he wouldnt dare change a thing.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:27 pm

reminds me of someone who gives his birds tea, vitamins , etc and all sorts of "magic potions" when asked if they were responsible for his winning performances he replied that he didnt know..........but didnt dare stop them incase his birds stopped winning.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:33 pm

DAVID wrote:
obviously they are content and happy in their own community martyn.........i bet if he altered the open hole and got them into a regular routine where they couldnt please their selves they wouldnt do any good racing maybe... scratch

ian, i think if you read again what i wrote you will see i actually said that if he changed his openhole system, the birds MAYBE wouldnt like it and possibly not do as good racing......because they were used to/liked the open hole system and couldnt please themselves.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

best pigeon I have ever handled
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2