Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 2:00 pm

» Good Morning
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) E T S to have or not - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 131 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 130 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.E T S to have or not - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Vote_lcapE T S to have or not - Page 2 Voting_barE T S to have or not - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Vote_lcapE T S to have or not - Page 2 Voting_barE T S to have or not - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222607 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
E T S to have or not - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

E T S to have or not

Go down 
+9
oldstrain
Gwythr2011
Alex
IANYOUNG
Don Webb
David
birdy2011
peel bros
chris perry
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

E T S to have or not - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:45 pm

yes darren, read in the weekliys over the past few months rings etc are going up............plus new software is needed to upgrade the systems on some of them.
Back to top Go down
showracer
Chipping
Chipping
showracer

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:27 am

I will keep my old clock
Back to top Go down
http://www.celerityparkstud.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:12 pm

DAVID wrote:
yes darren, read in the weekliys over the past few months rings etc are going up............plus new software is needed to upgrade the systems on some of them.
lol david knew this would happen rip off merchants
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:14 pm

its still better than other systems they only need updating now and then just like your computer , thats all
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:26 pm

does it not cost for the update with new software etc.....?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:28 pm

no david
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:29 pm

does this apply to any/all of the ets makers.....?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 pm

not sure we are on unikon
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:33 pm

ah right, so do you think this is the best system.............or are they all basically the same?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:20 am

The only good thing with ETS is for the fancier who has to train there birds and has no one there to get them in

By using ETS you can see which bird is doing the best by the times recorded
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:15 pm

dont really know much about other systems david
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:10 am

the thing with ets is how long is it going to be befor all members got to have it.and the cost of it will make more people give up racing also the people that dont think its fair and will never get it.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Most flyers around here do use ETS. Benzing's. Yes they are very expensive, $700 dollars for the least expensive new clcok. The chip bands are outrageous $2.50 for each.

The American Racing Pigeon Union rules say that the anttena (the part the bird walks across) should be on the inside of an exterior wall of the loft.
Another thought about that is, the antennas have long cords. I keep my antenna inside until race day, whos to say I cant put the antenna on the end of my landing board.
Im not as scared about the ETS clocks as I am of the guy that refuses to use one, and he always wins his club with his manual clock.
You can only cheat using the ETS by putting the antenna in the incorrect location. Or by moving your loft after the GPS have been entered into the clock.

I guess it will bother me more when Im within seconds of winning.

For now the only complaint I have is flyers dont even have to be home to clock a bird.
And flyers that dont turn in clocks, your birds only get credit for racing when you turn in your clock.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 pm

i think its marvalous tecnology that fanciers dont need to be at home to clock in using ets, but i think if it gets to this stage theres all the fun taken out of racing and clocking in, this is what its all about surely......
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:35 am

once i get into racing properly, then i will get ets...can only see benefits to using it have to move with the times
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:47 am

i think everyone will end up using it eventually , one thing i think is strange tho is that our club wont have anything to do with ets and refuse to use it, but other local clubs in our fed all use ets so are therefor getting an advantage over us in fed races........and we still wont use ets scratch
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:14 am

it is nice to know what bird got home first second third and so on. If you toss at 25 miles hopefully all will be in when you arrive, otherwise you would only know who beat you home.
The rings are so expensive I wont use mine until I get to atleast 10 miles or more. cant afford to lose many at 2dollars.
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:55 am

how close do a bird have to be near the censor to be timed in.all so can a bird go part of the way in get timed walk back out and fly off.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:04 am

imnot sure fred as faras i know it has to land on the pad or pass directly over it ian and ray are on this system so they will explain more
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:31 pm

i think this is a bit of a grey area, some people say they dont have to go into the loft to be timed as it depends where the antena is....this could mean the bird doesnt need to actually go right into the loft to be timed...unlike the normal method of a bird having to enter the loft, be caught and clocked.......

maybe the ets fanciers can tell us......
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:10 pm

Our club has 15 ETS systems through the grass routes charity i will be using one for my youngbirds this season and the rule says your pad has to be in your loft not outside your loft thanks VanReet Man.
Back to top Go down
bikesfred54
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:23 pm

it would be good if some ones gots some pics of it set up of some birds trapping.all so once its inplace can it be moved.
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:21 pm

The bird has to walk across the pad, it doesnt matter what he does after that. The rules say the pad has to be inside the loft, but I have not seen one inside a loft here. Mine will not be inside until they make me put it in there. All the ones I have seen are right before the trap, usually if he walks all the way he will drop in the trap. But yes you can move the pad, most are not even mounted and are removed when not in use. The sun is horrible on the pads.

I will try to find video of birds trapping across a pad.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:24 pm

you still have to have the pad inside your loft if you havent then basically you are cheating
Back to top Go down
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 7:28 pm

Would you put your pad inside when everyone else has thiers outside?

Heres one by the rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RotDwfWXz0&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E T S to have or not   E T S to have or not - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

E T S to have or not
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: