Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
what breeding mix ? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
what breeding mix ? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
what breeding mix ? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
what breeding mix ? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
what breeding mix ? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
what breeding mix ? Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
what breeding mix ? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
what breeding mix ? Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
what breeding mix ? Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) what breeding mix ? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 93 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 92 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.what breeding mix ? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
what breeding mix ? Vote_lcapwhat breeding mix ? Voting_barwhat breeding mix ? Vote_rcap 
David
what breeding mix ? Vote_lcapwhat breeding mix ? Voting_barwhat breeding mix ? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
what breeding mix ? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
what breeding mix ? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

what breeding mix ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

what breeding mix ? Empty
PostSubject: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:26 pm

could members say what breeding mix they will be using come breeding season please, as im trying to find a decent one to use myself and wanted some suggestions.....thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:13 pm

The breeding mix im useing is the garvo, used it for first time last year and was very impressed
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:15 pm

hi ken, could you tel me why you liked it better than other feeds, and also what seeds does it contain......thanks ken.
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:45 pm

hi David here is the mix
G Spirit pellets 15%
crib maize 14%
sorhum 13%
blue peas 11%
pigeon wheat 7.5%
safflower 7%
plate corn 6%
yellow peas 5%
white dari 5%
toasted soya beans 5%
paddy rice 5%
maple peas 4%
mungbeans 2.5%
Additves vit A vit D3 vit E

the youngsters raised on this last year were spot on silky soft feathering bright and alert
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:51 pm

hi ken, so it was noticeble compared with other corns the difference it had on the ybs ? is it more expensive than other types of corn and will you be using it this coming breeding season........do they sell a racing mix as well ?
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:09 pm

To me yes i saw a big difference, ive just been and collected 6 bags today, the price of it is £13.95 for 20kilo bag, they do a range moulting resting, sprint, marathon
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:20 pm

hi ken, so which mix will you use for the roundabout birds when racing.......?
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:22 pm

I will be useing the spirit sprint for land and the maraton for the channel races
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:26 pm

ive heard of this before from you ken, but ive never seen it at any of the corn merchants i go to.....is there any other you could recommend which is decent that i would be able to feed them on when breeding and racing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:31 pm

Davidt i used to use the trurling mixes i found these mixes to be execellant, the only reason im not still on teurlings is because our stockest decided not to sell it anymore, so if you can get hold of this product i would recommend it
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:56 pm

and is this a dear corn ken, or is it similar to the one you will be using ? the best corn supplies i know of are crowthers at wakefield....they have a lot of different corns but i dont know if they have these, ill look when i go next. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:08 pm

they are the same price, im sure the other lads and ladies could reccommend corn mixes which they believe is as good if not better than the 2 i have said
Ken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:12 pm

maybe could ken, but no one seems to be forthcoming with any suggestions tonight...... scratch
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:13 pm

B leefe and sons sell it they are at showfield lane,malton, n, yorkshire
Ken
Back to top Go down
notykinlofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
notykinlofts

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:22 pm

not sure how to spell it as its to dark to go and have a look now but i use versele laga breeding mix and the versele widdowhood mix for racing,and at the moment my birds are on the versele laga resting mix
Back to top Go down
http://marks-white-dove-release.co.uk
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:40 pm

used versa-laga (?) corn before and it seemed ok stuff......did use beyers at one point but shop stopped getting it in. going to see what crowthers of wakefield have for this year. mark, crowthers isnt that far from you.....do you go there ?

lager......???? thought that was a can affraid lol!

Last edited by DAVID on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:42 pm

versa larga
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what breeding mix ?   what breeding mix ? Empty

Back to top Go down

what breeding mix ?
Page 1 of 1