Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:17 am

» Weather today
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» good luck weekend
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Eye Sign in breeding pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 105 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 104 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Vote_lcapEye Sign in breeding pigeons Voting_barEye Sign in breeding pigeons Vote_rcap 
David
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Vote_lcapEye Sign in breeding pigeons Voting_barEye Sign in breeding pigeons Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222604 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Eye Sign in breeding pigeons

Go down 
+8
steve b
Don Webb
Rudderfett
David
oldstrain
George & Morgan
birdy2011
spencerline
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Do any of you take eye sign seriously and breed by it ? or just look into the birds eyes to see the birds state of health? this week my wife and I have photographed a 130 or more pigeons eyes as I am trying to sort out what to breed from.

Most of these birds have been in an aviary for a few years doing nothing after the fancier that owned and raced them packed in due to ill health and old age, and I am resurrecting them for breeding purposes, check out my link if you are interested in birds Eyes, Kev

http://algarvepigeonracing.webs.com/apps/photos/
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:53 pm

dont know nothing about eyes at all mate but i must say some of them in your pictures look nice and strong but for me i go on type size feather and body structure maybe them that know will shed more light on them

ps forgot to say your very good at taking pictures first class job mate
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:01 pm

i have 3 dvds on it but could not fully understand it at one time it was one circle and now they talk about 5 circles
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 pm

enjoyed having a look around your site kev ....thanks for shareing looked into eyesign and it is complexed and done some pairings with it in mind but to be honest did not make any impact i found pairing on the profile and gut instinct seemed to work best for me, atb
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:12 pm

hi kev, used to be interested in eyesign years ago but dont take much notice of it now.......but in my opinion there are some top eyes in those pictures and for the eysign enthusiast they are quality.

im sure don and kev/rudderfet will be impressed by these eyes as they are into eyesign.
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for your interest in the pictures. It took me and my wife 4 days to do these birds but it was worth it now I have the data I can study the eyes ay my leisure to make the best pairings.

I need around 20 or so super breeder eyes that are still able to breed, at least 10 hens and 10 cocks then I am going to try to breed some useful birds from them for 2012.

Around 5 of these birds have a Single Tube Iris, said to be good breeders and to perform well in Smash races. I know there are some Super star eyes among these birds, original Roosens and Bostyns as well as Chitch Albos.

Some are retired racers and some were bred for stock the rest were the original foundation birds of the man who retired from the sport through ill health and old age. A few are my stock birds and a couple of super birds that I retired this year after great results in the races and luckily they have Super breeder eyes.

Whatever happens it will be fun breeding from them on a large scale and seeing what happens with the off spring.

I hope you all enjoy looking at the pics that my wife worked so hard on, lol, and would appreciate any feedback on any ring numbers good or otherwise Kev.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:33 pm

hi kev, could you tell me about the pupil on photo 14 being oval......? is this the angle of the camera ?
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi David one or 2 do have oval pupils, but which section do you mean? I have catologued the birds Hen and Cocks with coloured split rings so that I can find them again easier when I need to catch them, Kev

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:00 pm

i kev, in the cocks breeding section..........
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:06 pm

I am an eye sign nut and have studied the eyes for years with millions of pictures on my computer, I must say your pictures are top draw and excellant quality. I will have a look at them and give my opinion on any I like.
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Rudderfett wrote:
I am an eye sign nut and have studied the eyes for years with millions of pictures on my computer, I must say your pictures are top draw and excellant quality. I will have a look at them and give my opinion on any I like.

Thanks Rudderfett that would be very helpful and my wife will be pleased about your comment on the quality as she took the pics while I held the Birds, lol. Kev
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:25 pm

David wrote:
i kev, in the cocks breeding section..........

Hi David yes that is the old cock he has what I have heard called a slot eye he looks like a reptile.

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi Kev

Can only access the first 18 eyes mate the first eye top left is a good eye to me

Full credit for the photos you have taken
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:52 pm

don, click on one of the 18 eyes ............
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:10 am

David i did and nothing at all mate
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:33 am

Hi Don , all the eyes are in seperate file folders and I rung the birds with diff coloured split rings after photographing so I can find them easier.

I have just been to the site and checked and all the files are opening ok, maybe there was a blip with the website last night, Kev.

Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi again to anyone interested in Eyesign, I have made a few adjustments to the website hosting all the photographs so it should work better or faster, as I say any comments good or bad will be appreciated, Kev

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi kev let me first say well done on the photos nice job have had a look through but as i say "I KNOW NOTHING" will PM you with the birds i like and if you can tell me if i am correct or on the right track cheers Don
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:21 pm

i just like to make sure they have 2
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Well thats a good policy, I like them to have two good ones too.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Hi kev let me first say well done on the photos nice job have had a look through but as i say "I KNOW NOTHING" will PM you with the birds i like and if you can tell me if i am correct or on the right track cheers Don

come on don, you cant do that.................. Razz let it be known which you would say were winners or breeders of winners, and who knows some of the others might give their opinion on them too and we could find out whos right........ Very Happy cheers lol!

ill stick my neck out if you do don, come on martyn you too............ lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: eye sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:59 pm

hi is it kev? i tried to understand this eyesign about 30-40 years ago it was just the one circle around the pupil now they say there are 5 circles +a mountain range is it possible to take one of your eyes and explain what this all means cheers george
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:31 pm

i george, click on the jack barkel site link at the top of the page and it explains the five circles........... Very Happy

once on the site click eyesign evaluation and iridoligy
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:34 pm

I don't reali get all this eye sign stuff or w.e else people use I.e body shapes or wing steps ect if I like to birds they get paired together and so far had a 2nd club and some guy had 2 1st from I bird I bred so good enuff for me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm

i think some pigeon men make pigeon keeping/breeding /racing harder than it needs to be............... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eye Sign in breeding pigeons   Eye Sign in breeding pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

Eye Sign in breeding pigeons
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next