Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Old pigeons breeding.... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Old pigeons breeding.... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:49 pm

» Good Morning
Old pigeons breeding.... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:34 pm

» good luck weekend
Old pigeons breeding.... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:30 pm

» escaped birds return
Old pigeons breeding.... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» Scandalous .......
Old pigeons breeding.... Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Old pigeons breeding.... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Old pigeons breeding.... Emptyby Knackered Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Old pigeons breeding.... Emptyby David Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Old pigeons breeding.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 75 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Old pigeons breeding.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Old pigeons breeding.... Vote_lcapOld pigeons breeding.... Voting_barOld pigeons breeding.... Vote_rcap 
David
Old pigeons breeding.... Vote_lcapOld pigeons breeding.... Voting_barOld pigeons breeding.... Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222602 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Old pigeons breeding.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Old pigeons breeding.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Old pigeons breeding....

Go down 
+4
halcanada
oldstrain
markevans
David
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Old pigeons breeding.... Empty
PostSubject: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 12:55 pm

had ybs hatched out of two pairs of old pigeons, one pair is an 11 year old cock and a 9 year old hen.....and the other pair both cock and hen are 10 years old, I wasn't expecting them to hatch really but they surprised me as ive had cocks stop filling eggs at half their age...... scratch

whats the oldest pigeon other members have bred from...?
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 1:00 pm

had a 1998 camphuis cock breeding no problem in 2014 but changed his hen with a younger cock as he was paired to a hen we were racing and needed the box for the yearling
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 pm

cant be of much help on this one oldest we have bred from is 6 year old
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 11:25 pm

Read just a few days ago. Average age of Super pairs is 11.5 years. Still breeding good ones.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 11:54 pm

when I raced with my dad had a 17 year old Van Den Bosch paired to a 14 year old stuitabault hen

They were paired together for 3 years when the cock was 14 and the hen was 11

always had 3 rounds out of them the last year was only able to breed youngsters in the summer when it got warmer
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:15 am

I have a 2003 hen still breeding..she breeds me at least one decent bird a year .that's why I breed off her
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:45 am

my last pair of the old lefebre`s are 10 and 11 years old now ray, I wanted to breed a couple off them but unfortunately they paired to different partners them selves ........maybe next year if they are still here.
Back to top Go down
shippy
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:49 am

David wrote:
my last pair of the old lefebre`s are 10 and 11 years old now ray, I wanted to breed a couple off them but unfortunately they paired to different partners them selves ........maybe next year if they are still here.

good pigeons the lefebres david Wink
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:00 am

oldstrain wrote:
cant be of much help on this one oldest we have bred from is 6 year old

17 is my best here & he bred like a chook. Called him the Moukas cock etc & he died at the age of 19 years old in my arms sadly. Now buried under the lemon tree in a specail box, where very few finish up as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:06 am

Yes david the hen I am on about is a dhanhen cross..she has bred us a lot of excellent birds including 2 section winners and she topped it herself so even if she did.nt breed anything else she's got a perch for life
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:35 am

peel bros wrote:
Yes david the hen I am on about is a dhanhen cross..she has bred us a lot of excellent birds including 2 section winners and she topped it herself so even if she did.nt breed anything else she's got a perch for life

Handy with the tools Ray Smile Smile Wink Wink Could be one for the lemon tree Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I would suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:22 am

I think if a bird does exceptional well it deserves a perch for life
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:47 am

yes ray, they deserve a perch.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old pigeons breeding....   Old pigeons breeding.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Old pigeons breeding....
Page 1 of 1