Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Looking for Ideas Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:50 am

» escaped birds return
Looking for Ideas Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:40 am

» Good Morning
Looking for Ideas Emptyby barnie Today at 11:35 am

» Weather today
Looking for Ideas Emptyby oldstrain Today at 10:53 am

» good luck weekend
Looking for Ideas Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Scandalous .......
Looking for Ideas Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Looking for Ideas Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Looking for Ideas Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Looking for Ideas Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Looking for Ideas 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 74 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 73 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Looking for Ideas Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Looking for Ideas Vote_lcapLooking for Ideas Voting_barLooking for Ideas Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Looking for Ideas Vote_lcapLooking for Ideas Voting_barLooking for Ideas Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222590 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Looking for Ideas Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Looking for Ideas Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Looking for Ideas

Go down 
+4
George & Morgan
David
steve b
Gaz b
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:08 pm

I'm looking for any ideas guys how we could gain more more support.
I have written emails to the press, to pigeon product companies and to some of the larger high profile racing studs to see if they will offer their support.
But I'm slowly running out of Ideas.
To be quite honest I don't really think think the fancy is that interested in taking up this challenge as most can't even be bothered signing the petition.
We have got 284 signatures now.
But I don't think I can do any more.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:17 pm

what about an auction to raise some funds for the cause
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:19 pm

or maybe a printable petion so fanciers could print one of and put it in there local corn store or even the club house when the racing starts back up
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:31 pm

what about asking some of the high profile fanciers to get involved and add their names to it.........? they are always there when theres something in it for them so why shouldnt they do it now..
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:35 pm

An auction maybe an idea in time, but over the years mate, the fanciers, lets face it have been ripped off and someone along the line has profited from their generosity. What also gets me is all the charities and good causes we have given to over the last 30 years, let's see how many support us, when we need free help.
I bet we will be able to count them on one hand.
I will knock up a printable version tomorrow anyone that wants one just email me and I will email it to them.
Cheers Steve

I have emailed louella, elimar and countless others, also product companies David.
I suppose it's just a waiting game now mate.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:38 pm

your right gary, all the donations the rpra and fanciers have donated to should be approached, lets see how grateful they were for the help when they needed it eh.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: looking for ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:44 pm

2 names that spring to mind are Gerry Francesand Gloria Hunniford Glorias father was or is a fancier in NI and know she does a lot of work for the sport
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:47 pm

rainbow wrote:
2 names that spring to mind are Gerry Francesand Gloria Hunniford Glorias father was or is a fancier in NI and know she does a lot of work for the sport

yes good post george, gerry frances the footballer is regulary mentioned in the weeklies, and gloria hunniford is also a regular in the pigeon world at prize nights etc.........as you said her father was a fancier.

very good info george
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:52 pm

well iv posted all on buy and sell places like birdtrader also posted on pet forums
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:54 pm

just an idea ands a long shot why dont afew of us get a print out one and ask people in towns to sign it
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Thanks guys keep em coming, tomorrow I'll have a paper version sorted I can send it at as a word document so it can be printed off.
Yep there are plenty who have done much for the fancy over the years.
There are a few people and organisation who have said they will support us, but will not commit themselves until they can see we have enough support for action, from the fanciers themselves. I've managed to get it in the fancy press next week and hopefully this may get the ball rolling bringing in more support from the fanciers.
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:04 pm

gaz just posted on facebook groups that i missed out so hopful couple more sign up tonight
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Cheers Chris, Ive been splashing it about on twitter as well.
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:09 pm

been working hard people need to sign it geez 1 min of the time could change the sport for the better
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:14 pm

I know mate, but the fancy has always been the same mate.
They always want someone else to the work and then they take the glory.
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:16 pm

not this time Very Happy ill get it up there Very Happy got a few chicken lovers to sign i hope Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:21 pm

Enthusiasm, that what's needed Chris.
Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:22 pm

yer mate im trying Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cawdy
Chipping
Chipping
cawdy

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:29 pm

what about making a dedicated face book page for it something similar to a fan site if you havent all ready got one . ive posted it on my page but one where people can add as a friend then whenever its updated it will sow up on all of its friends walls in turn all there friends will see it

i could knock that up if you wanted and just give me shout if theres anything else ican help with

Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Go for it mate, it all helps, thanks.
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:27 pm

post on the canary and budgie sites sean
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Cheers Sean, it's already gone on quite a few mate.
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:17 pm

a group on facebook
if anyone knows how to do one
if not ill ask my daughters mate to sort one out
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:21 pm

I put a fan page on there Cawdy said he was going to do a dedicated facebook page. Cheers Steve
Back to top Go down
steve b
Hatchling
Hatchling
steve b

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:29 pm

great every little helps gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Looking for Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Ideas   Looking for Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for Ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next