Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
Anyone any ideas Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:39 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Anyone any ideas Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:37 am

» good luck weekend
Anyone any ideas Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:05 am

» Good Morning
Anyone any ideas Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:03 am

» Weather today
Anyone any ideas Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:00 am

» Scandalous .......
Anyone any ideas Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:23 am

» RPRA Race Program
Anyone any ideas Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» RPRA Rule Book
Anyone any ideas Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Anyone any ideas Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:25 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Anyone any ideas 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 89 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Anyone any ideas Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Anyone any ideas Vote_lcapAnyone any ideas Voting_barAnyone any ideas Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 14001 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Anyone any ideas Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Anyone any ideas Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Anyone any ideas

Go down 
+2
Ross H
VanReet Man123
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Went down the lofts and a red stock hen were in the aviary and were on the perch with its mouth open so i caught it and had a look nothing in the throat no canker anyone got any ideas wot it is thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Ross H
Chipping
Chipping
Ross H

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 5:23 pm

Sounds respiratory to me . Breathing heavy?
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:00 pm

is she up in the rump?if so could be problems passing egg
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:16 pm

She is rearing 14/15 day old youngbirds she isnt wheezing when i had old of her could some seed or something be stuck in her throat.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:38 pm

as grizzle says could be about to lay again as its around the time to go down again if ybs are 15 days ? i had a hen once that was brought in when i first started up and she was hanging about with mouth open and it was cocci gave her a cocci tablet (harkers) and she was rite as rain after ...she was not lite or anything she looked pretty good apart from mouth open ...how old is the bird in question
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:40 pm

oldstrain wrote:
as grizzle says could be about to lay again as its around the time to go down again if ybs are 15 days ? i had a hen once that was brought in when i first started up and she was hanging about with mouth open and it was cocci gave her a cocci tablet (harkers) and she was rite as rain after ...she was not lite or anything she looked pretty good apart from mouth open ...how old is the bird in question
She is a 2011 bird so not that old and she has had young before
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Van Reet Man i may be of the track here but if the bird has corn stuck then the youngsters would not be developing correctley as they would be missing food

Is your avairy in an open area were the wind can blow heavy if so this may be the reason with the cold east winds
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:46 pm

would think she may be about to lay again myself or as i said ...i had same and gave a cocci tablet and was rite as rain...if you give when its dusk she will have digested tablet before morning feed of ybs in the nest ...atb

how long has the hen been like this ...just this evening
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Well I think if the bird is ok tomorrow it was nothing to worry abpout, pigeons can and will eat almost anything picking about the the avairies. I have seen mine eat wood , poo , stones anything, and things can get lodged in the throat as its quite complex down there, maybe a splinter off something its eaten, would be my guess, so open its beak and have a good look witha torch to light it up.
However if it persists it could be something eles, like respitary?
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:21 am

Thanks for the comments went down the lofts this morning and she is fine but we will keep our eye on her she wont have no more young this season thanks again.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:27 am

glad to hear she is ok mate strange though
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:29 am

oldstrain wrote:
I no we were baffled as to wot it could be we have never had any do that before.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:30 am

VanReet Man123 wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
I no we were baffled as to wot it could be we have never had any do that before.

she may even lay tonite Question
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:47 am

oldstrain wrote:
VanReet Man123 wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

she may even lay tonite Question
I f she does we will float them under another pair her mate is the picture in my avater on here.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:35 pm

VanReet Man123 wrote:
Thanks for the comments went down the lofts this morning and she is fine but we will keep our eye on her she wont have no more young this season thanks again.

Good to see everything is fine know cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone any ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone any ideas   Anyone any ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone any ideas
Page 1 of 1