Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RPRA Rule Book
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 8:41 am

» RPRA Race Program
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 8:28 am

» Weather today
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 8:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Emptyby David Today at 8:25 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:38 pm

» Good Morning
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 8:19 pm

» Scandalous .......
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 6:41 pm

» Morgan's new job
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 8:43 am

» Another find
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:14 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 111 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 109 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, Knackered

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Vote_lcapLive yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Voting_barLive yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Vote_lcapLive yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Voting_barLive yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222574 messages in 14000 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness

Go down 
+7
Rudderfett
Don Webb
oldstrain
Gaz b
Rene A
David
evs
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:10 am

yes geordiejen nifuramycin is an antibiotic, and they say its good for treating Diarrhoeas, Gastro Intestinal Infect., Respiratory Tract, Salmonellosis.......it also contains vitamins, i always keep a sachet handy just in case, but only use it if absolutely necessary.
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:44 am

gordiejen if you have had ur pigeons tested and that's wat its came bk as . why wud you not treat with wat they advise you . I use libby at retford poultry for my tests I had yb last yr in some ov the very early yb she advised usin amoxicillin and pichones for 7 days and a gd probiotic for 5 days sorted it no problem as you say part virus part bacteria which the system ov the birds will need to be cleared out use a gd anti bacterial ie virkon-s and jeys alternative days kills the virus once they had it will need to be gt out ov system or it will keep raising its head lol I have my droppings tested regular as a lot know on here but will never treat blind I only treat wen and if theres a problem which is advised . ive had a few chats with libby about this ybs as we call it and she tells me its airbourne a lot bein carried by wid birds etc and wen ur birds are either peckin outside or in gutters usualy kicks it ov so maybe cud be something in wat she sayin ? but that's jmo all the best in wat you decide to do . steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:50 am

stew adenosan is specifically for young bird sickness.its anti bacterial,anti fungi and aids viral infection.in the past ive flock treated with batril and it was just a total mess.as we all know not all birds go down with whatever is in the loft.in turn this baytril caused birds to vomit the seed back up.baytril is a very powerful antibiotic wheras adenosan has been developed specifically for this infection.seems to be no adverse reaction with the healthy birds.when i treated with baytril it was for paratyphoid.i had a couple of youngins with wing boils.im starting to wonder if people who think they have young bird sickness dont actually have it.its something else thats causing the young to bring the seed back up.did they have an avian vet or pigeon vet come to there loft and have the birds tested.
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 am

its henk de weerd that is dealing with my birds.his surgery is in essex.
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:57 am

birdy 2001 if pigeons have a bacterial infection the worst thing to do is give them sugar,this in turn helps feed the bacteria.probiotics contains a lot of sugar by way of glucose and honey well just sugar too.
Back to top Go down
Mick
Hatchling
Hatchling
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:10 pm

geordiejen wrote:
birdy 2001 if pigeons have a bacterial infection the worst thing to do is give them sugar,this in turn helps feed the bacteria.probiotics contains a lot of sugar by way of glucose and honey well just sugar too.

totally agree jen
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:12 pm

thats my opinion and thats would do im not the one asking for the advice
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 am

dont take it the wrong way birdy im not having a go.infact i was putting plenty of probiotics into them and the vet told me this about the glucose.what i have to do is break the bacteria down,antibiotics will kill all the good bacteria too.then build them back up again.sugar encourages the bacteria to grow and as well as growing inside the bird if the drinker has sugar in it too then it can multiply in the drinkers.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:51 am

Im Not convinced about Live yoghert at all, I never give it to my birds and never have, yet they are healthy and I dont seem to get sick birds.
We have a large fur tree in the drive way, there are some doves nesting in it and every night they roost in a certain spot, when you go there in the morning the droppings are piled up under the tree and are perfect, they dont get live yoghert?
I think the only cure is the bin if its a long term sickness, but as for off colour birds for a few days this is normal we all get them and so do we get birds who have been sick on the perch a few times, if it goes afta a few days no worries not YB sickness, but if they stay sick the must be removed.
I personally think if it doesnt go by itsself pumping yoghert into them will do nothing.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:33 am

geordiejen wrote:
dont take it the wrong way birdy im not having a go.infact i was putting plenty of probiotics into them and the vet told me this about the glucose.what i have to do is break the bacteria down,antibiotics will kill all the good bacteria too.then build them back up again.sugar encourages the bacteria to grow and as well as growing inside the bird if the drinker has sugar in it too then it can multiply in the drinkers.

na im not like that repect all peoples views and comments
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:37 am

dont think its overcrowded.first section 5 feet by six feet 7 feet high has 5 pair.next section same size has 3 pair.and the next section same size was intended for 20 young has 2 pair.all weaned young are in my pouter loft in a single pen each.there is 9 of them and they all get out every second night for an hour.some pouter young are out with them as well.dont have any sign of sickness yet.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:37 am

geordiejen wrote:
dont think its overcrowded.first section 5 feet by six feet 7 feet high has 5 pair.next section same size has 3 pair.and the next section same size was intended for 20 young has 2 pair.all weaned young are in my pouter loft in a single pen each.there is 9 of them and they all get out every second night for an hour.some pouter young are out with them as well.dont have any sign of sickness yet.

i think henk has prescribed the correct treatment but this wont kill the virus just control the e-coli and stop any secondary ailments its deffo sounds like a coli infection brought on by the stress of breeding and passed on to the ybs being in close proximity ....did you treat for e-coli before pairing up Question you dont need to use antibiotics....glucose and honey are great but will feed coli ...you need something acidic to kill coli or double dose with oregano for 7 days and anything with reasonable immunity will come through and if not will only let you down at a later stage and so the cycle will begin again

the active ingredients in nifuramycin are mainly furaltadone along with tetracyclines and some of the mycin family of drugs
furaltadone is quite an old antibiotic and nowhere near as harsh as beytril or enrofloxacin
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:16 am

the only thing i do mate is put a fresh clove of garlic in a 2 litre bottle of cold water,leave it overnight then strain it into another bottle.a capful of apple cider vinegar and 10ml of orego stim.the garlic is used monday to friday and at the weekend a dose of pigeon tonic and harkers provit.
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:19 am

yeah oldstrain the only thing i can do is help with the bacterial side the virus side will hopefully sort itself out.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:36 am

geordiejen wrote:
the only thing i do mate is put a fresh clove of garlic in a 2 litre bottle of cold water,leave it overnight then strain it into another bottle.a capful of apple cider vinegar and 10ml of orego stim.the garlic is used monday to friday and at the weekend a dose of pigeon tonic and harkers provit.

get yourself a bottle of ropa B....much much better than orego stim and of course is oregano in itself and you can treat for bacterial attacks by double dosing for 7 days
great product ....i used to use orego stim but have been using ropaB for last 3 months and their is no comparison as for cider vinegar i use a mother cider vinegar but only give it once per week i dont use garlic anymore i use a tea instead to purify the blood and anyway the oregano should be enough atibacterial for the birds and tastes alot more pleasant i would imagine although i would not knock garlic in the right doses
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:42 am

whats ropa b mate never heard of it?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:45 am

geordiejen wrote:
whats ropa b mate never heard of it?

its oregano but much more concentrated than orego stim oregano is a antibacterial itself and ropa B is the best oregano product out their ...pj lofts are the cheapest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness   Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Live yogurt to prevent young bird sickness
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2