Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Leeds & District Amalgamation
pigeons returning with muddy feet Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:34 pm

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
pigeons returning with muddy feet Emptyby David Today at 12:38 pm

» Good Morning
pigeons returning with muddy feet Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:19 am

» Scandalous .......
pigeons returning with muddy feet Emptyby David Today at 9:41 am

» Weather today
pigeons returning with muddy feet Emptyby David Today at 9:30 am

» Morgan's new job
pigeons returning with muddy feet Emptyby Knackered Yesterday at 11:43 pm

» Another find
pigeons returning with muddy feet Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» birds on loan
pigeons returning with muddy feet Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Garlic .......
pigeons returning with muddy feet Emptyby Knackered Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) pigeons returning with muddy feet 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 115 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 114 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.pigeons returning with muddy feet Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
pigeons returning with muddy feet Vote_lcappigeons returning with muddy feet Voting_barpigeons returning with muddy feet Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
pigeons returning with muddy feet Vote_lcappigeons returning with muddy feet Voting_barpigeons returning with muddy feet Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222568 messages in 13998 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
pigeons returning with muddy feet Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
pigeons returning with muddy feet Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

pigeons returning with muddy feet

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

pigeons returning with muddy feet Empty
PostSubject: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:32 pm

i feed my race team light feed before i send them to race so they go to the drinker before basketing , however have noticed pigeons coming back with muddy feet any better ideas on making them drink before they go
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:03 pm

hi ian, i was watching a video of ron green who raced champion breakaway....and he does the same as you and gives a small amount of seed to encourage them to have a drink, but one thing he said is that on a friday all he gives is fresh clean water with nothing in it..... maybe they will drink more ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:39 pm

ill give it a try this week usually have water with vitamin b12 in
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:42 pm

hi ian, yes he gives them that as well during the week, but fresh clean on a friday... Smile
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:13 pm

i,ll try it you never now
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:42 pm

hope it makes a difference for you ian, hope they do well for you this week. sunny
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Hi Ian

The best way to get your pigeons to have a drink before you basket them is
let the birds exercise friday morning get them in give them a lite feed but at the same time you leave the loft take the water fountain out as well

Put the water fountain in the loft two hours before you are ready to basket the birds but only clean water then you will see the birds take a drink then they have digested the water after a few hours, but if you give them water then take them to the club and they are full of water then the birds have more chance of being uncomfortable during transit and may be sick also.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:05 pm

cheers for advice ian
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 10:50 pm

did you try this ian ? do you think its made any difference and are they drinking better now before basketing ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 12:52 am

Did it help the advise i said do with taking the drinker out of the loft Ian
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:48 am

think it has don as i havent had any back with muddy feet cheers don
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 4:40 pm

they will need plenty of water in this weather ian, amagine flying hundreds of miles thirsty......when my ybs come in the loft from exercise they go straight to the drinker. drunken
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:13 pm

yes david dont want them to dehydrate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:58 pm

let ybs out this morning and they went off for over an hour, when they came back they flew for about 45 mins.....thats longer than usual.

was undecided about letting them out this morning as it was grey skies and no clouds...thought it was a bit misty, but as i would normally like to get them out as much as poss in most types of weather i decided to let them out....
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:13 pm

getting fit david shame your not racing them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:27 pm

dont think 5 would last long ian.... Embarassed lol!
Back to top Go down
bluewhiteflight
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluewhiteflight

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:50 pm

i was told once when just starting up to feed them paddy rice as it absorbs water but never tried it , it may work
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:19 pm

hi darren, it could be worth giving it a go, as a few of our members have expressed concern over dehydration when they return from the race.....
Back to top Go down
bluewhiteflight
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluewhiteflight

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:24 pm

i would put electrolites in there water too david ,friday and on return but im putting them in from tuesday this week as i train 50 miles tuesday , wednesday and thursday, i would put it in whilst this warm weather is about
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:27 pm

hi darren, would you put it in on the day of basketing? most prefer clean fresh water on fridays......whats your thoughts on this ?

also have you given tea to them, we have used it in the past and ive heard quite a few use it....
Back to top Go down
bluewhiteflight
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluewhiteflight

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:36 pm

ive just ordered the electrolytes because of the warm weather and i will put them tuesday, wednesday thursday and friday then saturday as replaces lost salts

i do have tea here but dont use it much

last week i put brewers yeast and lemon juice on corn as its said to blow up the muscles, when i last raced i also added glucose in it on a friday but last week i added dmg as i had a spare tub so used it instead of glucose
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:40 pm

yes, weve used brewers yeast on the corn when we raced...cant remember if we used garlic juice/oil or lemon juice....some fanciers use natural yoghurt, have you tried that ?
we used to use aviform in the water, it was thick brown stuff which i thought was good but dont know if its the same stuff they sell nowadays....
Back to top Go down
bluewhiteflight
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluewhiteflight

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:43 pm

no havent used yoghurt on corn david, i used to use aviform too many years ago when you could smell the molasses in it, it was better then the stuff you buy today
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:45 pm

yes, thats the stuff.....is it not the same now ?
Back to top Go down
bluewhiteflight
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluewhiteflight

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:47 pm

no i dont think its the same now, it used to be thick and black and was bloody awful to get it to dilute into water lol

another good product to use is redcell for horses, im not sure but think there is molasses in that and lots of iron
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pigeons returning with muddy feet   pigeons returning with muddy feet Empty

Back to top Go down

pigeons returning with muddy feet
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next