Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Debate 2           Emptyby David Today at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
Debate 2           Emptyby David Today at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Debate 2           Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Debate 2           Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Debate 2           Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Debate 2           Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Debate 2           Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Debate 2           Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

» 2 ybs gifted out to-day
Debate 2           Emptyby Knackered Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Debate 2           20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 86 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 84 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Debate 2           Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Debate 2           Vote_lcapDebate 2           Voting_barDebate 2           Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Debate 2           Vote_lcapDebate 2           Voting_barDebate 2           Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222737 messages in 14002 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Debate 2           Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Debate 2           Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Debate 2

Go down 
+8
oldstrain
barnie
cowandchicken
seanl
peel bros
Knackered
lifes to short
EssexSteve
12 posters
AuthorMessage
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:26 am

What do you think is the cause of YB sickness ?
Back to top Go down
lifes to short
Hatchling
Hatchling
lifes to short

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:42 am

EssexSteve wrote:
stress
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:50 am

hmmm this might not be a very long debate
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:19 am

EssexSteve wrote:

I don't know Wink Wink really. I've never seen it had it or heard of anyone getting Yb sickness in my area. I have often wondered about it thou, & whether it's your weather, that plays a major part & our weather is the reason it is not an issue here.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:20 am

over feeding is what i think.you have to keep the corn off ybs .i should know had it twice last season..hopefully not this time as i have learnt an expensive lesson
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:31 am

EssexSteve wrote:

stress brought on through overfeeding over crowding and the darkness system can bring stress on sean
Back to top Go down
cowandchicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:08 am

I know a top flyer who gets it year in year out. last year he dident darken his birds and still got it. He only breeds a handfull of ybs so doesent overcrowd. He now thinks is bread into them. All i know is he wins around 80% of our club races and tops the fed regular so it cant do them that much harm.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:49 am

I think it's something developed into a virus over many years, possibly started by some people using drugs/treatments at that time. I reckon early to mid 80's.
This is also the time when a lot of continental birds started finding there way into UK lofts and also UK studs.
Now it's same as our kids getting something like chickenpox or measles at school, most get it at some time, some get away with it.
If it's in them, passed down off parents or g parents then I found it used to break out about the time yb's started to show an interest in opposite sex, like their time of adolescence if you like. I can remember reading oil seed rape getting the blame because it was around this time that large areas were being farmed for the first time. I did notice once the fields were bright yellow then YBS was around, maybe co-incidence.
I had 6 later-breds in a brand new shed, no contact with other birds, not flying out and fed on the best and they got it so that convinced me it was passed down in breeding of at least one of them, that's all it takes, just one.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:24 am

i agree with barnies view that its a virus and is airborne ...stress brings it out as to does low immunity also i think alot mistake ybs for other ailments and just put it down to ybs and this confuses matters lol i have had it every season but the birds get over it quickly enough and i cease racing for two weeks after and have won the comeback race everytime so rest is the answer not antibiotics ..i dont feed for 36 hours and give a charcoal tablet to each bird and acidify the water and build the birds back up with a lite feed such as depurative ,no protein or maize and gradualy add the normal yb mix to the depurative over a period of 1 week until they are back on full yb mix which my yb mix is relatively lite anyway once they come of the darkness ...alot of guys get ybs and say nowt and carry on racing at their peril and wonder why they have so many empty perches at the end of the season Rolling Eyes the pigeon vets call ybs adeno coli syndrome but tbh i dont think they realy know as none realy stick their neck out and come up with conclusive answers and with secondary illness coming in when ybs is contracted this confuses matters even more lol jmo lads
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 am

Now it's same as our kids getting something like chickenpox or measles at school, most get it at some time, some get away with

If we had measules, chicken pox etc in the old days when i was a kid all the neighbours brought their kids round hoping they would catch it and get it over with, do you think this is a option ??
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 am

i think a lot is down to pour ventilation and to heavey feeding

if your keeping birds in the dark you need proper ventilation and

a good feed but not to heavey also to much medication while birds are in the

heavey moult dose them no good toxins build up fast but are no se easy to

remove from the body meds cause toxins birds need time to recover and get

the liver and kidneys cleaned again you wont do this while on constant meds

Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 1:20 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
Now it's same as our kids getting something like chickenpox or measles at school, most get it at some time, some get away with

If we had measules, chicken pox etc in the old days when i was a kid all the neighbours brought their kids round hoping they would catch it and get it over with, do you think this is a option ??

Not sure, obviously can't be good for the birds at the time as it knocks hell out them, but maybe they get some immunities for later in life? However last season round here yearlings were getting it, although not as severe. These hadn't caught it as Youngbirds the year before but got milder symptoms year later, same time as YB's were going down with it. Had this myself but left alone they were ok in 3 or 4 days.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:14 pm

I thin its stress related, along with other factors? maybe a general hygene or managment problem?
Back to top Go down
sjrw
Hatchling
Hatchling
sjrw

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:12 pm

hi guys. i mite be thick here in saying this .BUT, what does, or do you look for in yb sickness. i dont think ive ever had it. or even seen it. Question atb stan.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:47 pm

sjrw wrote:
hi guys. i mite be thick here in saying this .BUT, what does, or do you look for in yb sickness. i dont think ive ever had it. or even seen it. Question atb stan.

birds huched up and regurgitation also spongey crops holding water are sure signs even before this you can tell as the ybs act a bit dumb they dont listen and wont trap well
Back to top Go down
sjrw
Hatchling
Hatchling
sjrw

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:15 pm

oldstrain wrote:
sjrw wrote:

birds huched up and regurgitation also spongey crops holding water are sure signs even before this you can tell as the ybs act a bit dumb they dont listen and wont trap well

cheers daz. thank god ive never had that in my ybs, but i no couple off guys who had that last year. and i will take great plesure, in telling them this. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:13 pm

its a combination of things starting with , to many meds at a young age .
darkness why make them think its fecking winter when its sumer.
over crowding , over feeding , breeding off sh**e , and just training them to soon just let them mature a bit before racing there babies but are being treated as old birds .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:59 pm

kev d wrote:
its a combination of things starting with , to many meds at a young age .
darkness why make them think its fecking winter when its sumer.
over crowding , over feeding , breeding off sh**e , and just training them to soon just let them mature a bit before racing there babies but are being treated as old birds .

kev i have had 2 sections of pigeons side by side and one section were for stock never medicated whatsoever ,fed lite,and kept natural and never trained um and still got ybs Question and brothers and sisters won for me same season once they got over it Question got to be a virus surely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Debate 2           Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 2    Debate 2           Empty

Back to top Go down

Debate 2
Page 1 of 1